Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Prince Amukamara released

I donít get this one. We need as many decent cbs as we can get. I donít like this move.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I donít get this one. We need as many decent cbs as we can get. I donít like this move.
    Arnette beat Prince for the 2nd starting CB spot.

Lawson is the #3 CB

Keisean Nixon appears to have beaten Prince for the #4 CB spot.

Amik Robertson is your #5 CB.

So if Raiders keep 6 its either 2nd year 4th round pick Isiah Johnson or vet Prince

Looks like Raiders went with youth.

This is good news imo, couldnít beat out our current youth for a spot

So much for that. Arnette beat him out. Don't be surprised if N. Morrow is released next.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Arnette beat Prince for the 2nd starting CB spot.

Lawson is the #3 CB

Keisean Nixon appears to have beaten Prince for the #4 CB spot.

Amik Robertson is your #5 CB.

So if Raiders keep 6 its either 2nd year 4th round pick Isiah Johnson or vet Prince

Looks like Raiders went with youth.

If Lawson is our 3 and Nixon is our 4, we are in trouble if Arnette or Mullen gets hurt. I doubt if Nixon, lawson and Johnson are better than apple or prince. Prince was ranked 41st in the nfl last year. Was Nixon ranked? 130th Lawson? I agree with a youth movement. But our corners are weak. We need all the help we can get

If Lawson is our 3 and Nixon is our 4, we are in trouble if Arnette or Mullen gets hurt. I doubt if Nixon, lawson and Johnson are better than apple or prince. Prince was ranked 41st in the nfl last year. Was Nixon ranked? 130th Lawson? I agree with a youth movement. But our corners are weak. We need all the help we can get
    Agreed. Iíd have kept him through the first few weeks and if they still felt that way then ok but I think itís a mistake. Granted they have way more info than we do.

I don't think the Raiders will part ways with Isaiah Johnson just yet.
    Last edited by erickench; 08-31-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Arnette was the best corner on the roster as soon as his name was called at the draft. He will be a steal. Depth is what Im concerned about...
    Dogdaddy

Obviously prince couldn't keep up with the young guys physically. It's allabout speed aand youth in this division you gotta have guys who can move. With prince we would constantly see him getting torched like he was in camp. People would be calling for his release soon. Better to give the younger players playing time

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAce View Post
    Obviously prince couldn't keep up with the young guys physically. It's allabout speed aand youth in this division you gotta have guys who can move. With prince we would constantly see him getting torched like he was in camp. People would be calling for his release soon. Better to give the younger players playing time
    Torched? How? How long have we been in pads? Prince has proven to be a solid starter in the nfl. Hence his 41st rank in the nfl. Release him cuz Johnson is physically gifted? What was Lawson ranked? Maybe 180th for Lawson. Maybe Johnson is 230th? Whatís Nixon done??? Nothing.

I get Mullen and Arnette. They are good.
    It doesnít matter if someone is young if they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Iím excited about Arnette. He looks solid.

Some people are overthinking this. He didnít get beat out by all our young talent lol. Arnette was beating him and Joyner plays the slot. Prince can get a starter job and money elsewhere and he doesnt want to be our #4 or #5 and spend most of his time on the bench. We did him a courtesy to keep his career rolling and released him despite him still being a top 3 pure cb on this team. Yes this says something about our young talent but mostly it was just a classy and money saving move on our part. Letís just hope our youngsters are ready.
    Last edited by BennyBlades44; 09-01-2020 at 03:17 PM.

You forgot about Robertson. Yes, he will be the future slot corner for the Raiders but he has been getting play on the outside as well in camp and looking good doing it.

This was a bad move. Depth in the secondary is not a bad thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast