Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Padres acquire Mike Clevinger

Once Gore is called up, the Padres will have one of the best rotations in baseball for the next few years. Paddack, Clev, Lamet, and Gore as 1-4 is so nasty

Finally, Clevinger can now go out at night to clubs in SD!

Yup, he's gonna love the Gaslamp and SeaWorld just reopened too.

I'm glad SD is going for it. Probably the most exciting team in baseball right now, young talent, sweet new uniforms, super bright future. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'm glad SD is going for it. Probably the most exciting team in baseball right now, young talent, sweet new uniforms, super bright future. Good for them.
    And they really didn't give up much for Clevenger. They also have plenty of prospects still to make moves and add to the core group of guys. The Indians went for quantity which I don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    And they really didn't give up much for Clevenger. They also have plenty of prospects still to make moves and add to the core group of guys. The Indians went for quantity which I don't get.
    Ehh well its a very interesting trade for both teams. Lots of people are saying Cleveland got robbed. As an Indian's fan I would've preferred to see a proven outfielder in return for Clevenger. BUT its still a very nice haul for the tribe. Got an excellent lefty pitcher whos gonna be a STUD in about a year and a half. Excellent SS whos a couple years away and another SS/2nd basemen whos about 2 years out. Both are starting caliber talents. Those are just the prospects from the trade. Naylor is only 23 years old with lot's of upside. good contact hitter with a good batting eye. Other pitcher his name escapes me, already pitched very well for the Indians.

I love Clevenger but he got injury issues and struggles throwing strikes at times. He will be a great he if stays healthy.
    Last edited by prodigy; 09-04-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90