Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will the Series Go?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

0 0%
  • Sox Win Two

1 100.00%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Chicago White Sox (21-13) vs. Minnesota Twins (20-15) | 8/31 - 9/02

Chicago White Sox (21-13) vs. Minnesota Twins (20-15)
    Target Field - Minneapolis, MN. | 8/31 - 9/02

Monday August 31, 2020 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Lucas Giolito, RHP (3-2, 3.09 ERA) vs. Rich Hill, LHP (1-1, 3.55 ERA)

White Sox: Giolito will make his first start since throwing the 19th no-hitter in franchise history Tuesday against the Pirates. Giolito threw a three hit shutout with 12 strikeouts at Target Field on 8/21/19.
    Twins: Hill was afforded an extra day off due to Friday's rainout and will now pitch on five days rest following an effective 78 pitch outing against Cleveland. He allowed one run in five innings.

Tuesday September 1, 2020 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN & MLBN
    Dallas Keuchel, LHP (5-2, 2.70 ERA) vs. Michael Pineda, RHP (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

White Sox: The South Paw finished 3-2 with a 2.48 ERA over five starts in August. He threw 32-2/3 innings and held the opposition to a .530 OPS. Keuchel has a 1-2 career record and 3.09 ERA at Target Field.
    Twins: Pineda will be making his 2020 debut following his activation from the restricted list upon completing a 60 game suspension incurred last September. He reportedly hit 94 mph while ramping up for the season.

Wednesday September 2, 2020 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Reynaldo Lopez, RHP (0-1, 9.00 ERA) vs. Jose Berrios, RHP (2-3, 4.75 ERA)

White Sox: Lopez makes his third start since coming off the 10 day IL, having already faced the Cubs and Royals. Lopez didn't make it out of the first inning in his first start of 2020 vs. the Twins.
    Twins: Berrios took a step back with his command when he walked four in 5-2/3 innings against Cleveland following a dominant one hit effort. He has issued three or more walks in four of his last five starts.

Hoping for a win tonight and tomorrow............Wednesday is most likely a loss.

Unless we somehow get Bauer??

What would you guys trade for Josh Hader? IMHO, he makes us a legit favorite to win it all. We have the hitting. We could use 1 more SP. But adding Hader puts us over the top. We need that surefire K guy to bring in in the 7th 8th or 9th inning, with a man in scoring position. He's the cream of the crop when it comes to that. He's also under control long term.

I'd probably give them anyone but Vaughn, who isn't on our current roster. Stiever, Adolfo, Sheets, and one of Thompson, Kelley, Crochet. Try to not give up Vaughn and Kopech. But honestly, I'd probably give up 1 or the other for Hader. I think he makes that big of a difference for a team.

Hader would be great but way too costly....I am assuming you'd have to start with Kopech, I don't think Vaughn is a starter to negotiations but Kopech definitely is and you might give lesser tier prospects with him as the headliner.

Something like Kopech, Stievers ,Sheets and Collins.....

Maybe Tyler Johnson instead of Sheets.........Dunno...

I think the Padres did great in the Clevinger deal....Mostly quantity over quality....

I don't think Crochet and Kelly are going anywhere....

After seeing what SD gave up for Clevinger, Iíd be hesitant to give up too much at this deadline.

No top 100 Prospects. Lynn, if Iím not mistaken has less years of control than Clevinger.

Also be careful of what you would give up for a very highly used Hader, whoís fastball is down and who is having control issues, during a season that could come to an abrupt stop.

Good point...Hader has been used and abused....So good point!

Looks like no deal for us...I'm fine with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Looks like no deal for us...I'm fine with it!
    Iím Def ok with this. I think we have enough to win playoff series. Would love for us to look into some of our young arms as potential BP help, but Iíd understand not wasting a year of control. With Dunningís command, Iíd like to think he can be a solid 3-4 in the playoffs. Giolito/Keuchel/Cease/Dunning is plenty of starting pitching for the playoffs

Iím fine with standing pat. Glad we didnít overpay for what may or may not be a playoff season.

I think you can also look at a Rodon/Lopez combo in the 4 or 5 spot, and have them share a starter spot. Start one and have a quick hook with the other ready to go if needed.

With the expanded rosters, it gives you a chance to do things you normally couldnít do.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast