Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Fournette released

Jags blowing it all up.

Dick move to wait this long, but ultimately the right decision. Fournette is overrated AF.

What happened with Fournette? In college he was a bruiser and elusive. Was it the Jags scheme?

I could still see a team or two taking a shot at him as low risk high reward type of contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    What happened with Fournette? In college he was a bruiser and elusive. Was it the Jags scheme?

I could still see a team or two taking a shot at him as low risk high reward type of contract.

Just was never that guy.

Hereís my SEC hot take:
    Outside of Bama, LSU, Georgia at times, Florida at times, this conference is decidingly average. Fournette beat up on those average teams and was ok against those top teams.

Jags ran a scheme when they first had him that suited him but he didnít have that COD or lateral quickness needed to move in the hole. He would get in there and if the lane wasnít there he was going down. Didnít really have that next gear or even change of speed to go slow into the hole and explode out of it. His stats a very volume based to hit those numbers.

Heíll have to look at Blount as a ďguideĒ for his NFL future. Go be part of a time share where you are the bruiser and closer. Be happy in that role.

Man, I know that the Bears catch a lot of **** for taking Trubiskey over Mahomes/Watson but look at who the Jags passed up at RB/QB to take Fournette because he was "better" and they "had Bortles":
    Christian McCaffery
    Patrick Mahomes
    DeShaun Watson

Man.....a redraft of that 2017 draft would be so wildly different.

Browns - Garrett
    Bears - Mahomes
    49ers - Watson
    Jags - McCaffery
    Titans - Mike Williams
    Jets - Adams
    Chargers - Lattimore
    Panthers - Humphrey
    Bengals - White
    Browns - Watt

And that keeps all 1st round picks in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post

I think a part of it is that the Jaguars scheme and offensive talent has been pretty barren since he was drafted. He also doesn't seem like someone who is really pushing himself physically and has some maturity issues.

He was a fantastic prospect that had all of the talent in the world, but it clearly hasn't come altogether. The lingering ankle and soft tissue injuries have played a part in that too.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Man, I know that the Bears catch a lot of **** for taking Trubiskey over Mahomes/Watson but look at who the Jags passed up at RB/QB to take Fournette because he was "better" and they "had Bortles":
    Christian McCaffery
    Patrick Mahomes
    DeShaun Watson

Man.....a redraft of that 2017 draft would be so wildly different.

Browns - Garrett
    Bears - Mahomes
    49ers - Watson
    Jags - McCaffery
    Titans - Mike Williams
    Jets - Adams
    Chargers - Lattimore
    Panthers - Humphrey
    Bengals - White
    Browns - Watt

And that keeps all 1st round picks in the top 10.
    No way the Browns pass Watson or Mahomes. One of those would go 1st overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Fournette can still be a very effective back.

Grab yourself a tandem this year, the monies already gone so do what you have to do to set yourself up for 2021 and beyond.

Dick move to wait this long, but ultimately the right decision. Fournette is overrated AF.
    Ultimately the best decision to release the best running back on your team who also also had a good shot at winning the grievance so you have to pay him his entire $4M salary this year?

He absolutely is overrated, but that doesn't mean it's a good decision to cut bait with him.

Let's call it what it is. This team is trying their hardest to get Trevor Lawrence.

drafted him as a flex. Not the end of the world. but just sucks to basically forfeit a draft pick. Scooped up Chris Thomspon, he should get plenty of run now with Gruden as OC there.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Fournette can still be a very effective back.

Grab yourself a tandem this year, the monies already gone so do what you have to do to set yourself up for 2021 and beyond.
    I honestly think he's going to go to another team and become a top 7 back in the league. Jax has been a bad team with no QB and a bad coach the entire time Fournette has been there. If he goes to a team with a better culture, I expect he'll turn his career around.

Fournette released

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Ultimately the best decision to release the best running back on your team who also also had a good shot at winning the grievance so you have to pay him his entire $4M salary this year?

He absolutely is overrated, but that doesn't mean it's a good decision to cut bait with him.

Let's call it what it is. This team is trying their hardest to get Trevor Lawrence.
    He doesnít fit the spread scheme. Thatís why itís the best decision.

Also had grievance to win given the Jags won the one last year that voided his guarantees.

He doesnít fit the spread scheme. Thatís why itís the best decision.

Also had grievance to win given the Jags won the one last year that voided his guarantees.
    You got that wrong lol. Fournette won the grievance to get his fines back. The one to void his guarantees still isn't settled but based on the language of his contract, he figures to win that one as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoot...-resolved/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    You got that wrong lol. Fournette won the grievance to get his fines back. The one to void his guarantees still isn't settled but based on the language of his contract, he figures to win that one as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoot...-resolved/amp/
    Meh I was driving.

Anyways. They didn't want him. Clear as day they didn't. Given your push against that in the past, surprised you think they should have kept him anyways.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast