Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,697
    YANNICK NGAKOUE
    DL, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

    Vikings signed DE Yannick Ngakoue to a one-year, $12 million contract.

    Ngakoue was set to make $17.8 million on his franchise tender in Jacksonville. He missed out on nearly $6 million just to get a new team. Ngakoue's biggest hangup appears to have been the Jaguars organization, and not the short-term tag, based on his new deal. Tom Pelissero reports that his contract deal does not include a no-tag clause so the Vikings could franchise him next year. He'll be playing to earn a multi-year contract from Minnesota this year. Ngakoue has recorded at least eight sacks in each of his four NFL seasons. Hitting eight sacks for the fifth time should earn him the type of money he's looking for.

    SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Aug 30, 2020, 7:55 PM ET
    Looks like he can even be franchise tagged after this season if need be. Fantastic move by Rick and Company with this trade!
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,003
    I realize it's media speculation, but they're questioning whether Hunter's absence is purely injury related or if he's angling to rework his deal. And even tho we're saving almost 5mil on Yannick's franchise tag, that also means he's going to expect consideration on his long term deal. Then you add in Dalvin Cook and whomever else is due and we're looking at another offseason of more cap hell than preferable.

    I do say that having not looked to see who will be expendable and come off the books next spring.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I realize it's media speculation, but they're questioning whether Hunter's absence is purely injury related or if he's angling to rework his deal. And even tho we're saving almost 5mil on Yannick's franchise tag, that also means he's going to expect consideration on his long term deal. Then you add in Dalvin Cook and whomever else is due and we're looking at another offseason of more cap hell than preferable.

    I do say that having not looked to see who will be expendable and come off the books next spring.
    I have no idea what their plan is with Cook, Yannick and Harris next year. My guess is they let Cook walk and draft a runner in the early rounds to tandem with Mattison and sign Yannick and Harris. Or we lose all three.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,425
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    hunter is signed thru 2024
    And Ngakoue is not


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,425
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I have no idea what their plan is with Cook, Yannick and Harris next year. My guess is they let Cook walk and draft a runner in the early rounds to tandem with Mattison and sign Yannick and Harris. Or we lose all three.
    I would imagine Ngakoue will be priority #1 and probably resigned. Given Zimmers comments earlier in the year about paying safeties, I think Harris is gone. Cook is probably more 50/50 but I would lean towards him walking. Cap space can be created by moving on from Reiff and Rudy. Restructures are also possible to create more space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I would imagine Ngakoue will be priority #1 and probably resigned. Given Zimmers comments earlier in the year about paying safeties, I think Harris is gone. Cook is probably more 50/50 but I would lean towards him walking. Cap space can be created by moving on from Reiff and Rudy. Restructures are also possible to create more space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Makes sense to have Yannick be the priority. I like Cook but if he cant stay healthy I'm fine with using an early pick on a RB and letting him walk. And I gotta believe you're right about Harris. Once again I really like the guy but he will be 30 next year and handing out a long term deal could be problematic, especially since Harrison isn't getting any younger. Totally forgot about Reiff. Ya just have him out there this year then move on and have Ezra or a high pick take his place. And considering this Front Office's history, I'm confident they'll work out it.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    YANNICK NGAKOUE
    DL, MINNESOTA VIKINGS



    Looks like he can even be franchise tagged after this season if need be. Fantastic move by Rick and Company with this trade!
    Or we will likely get a 3rd round comp pick. So either way it's not a terrible deal.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I have no idea what their plan is with Cook, Yannick and Harris next year. My guess is they let Cook walk and draft a runner in the early rounds to tandem with Mattison and sign Yannick and Harris. Or we lose all three.
    I love Cook but he's the most easily replaceable. We wouldn't even need to draft anyone with Mattison and Boone, who is criminally underrated.

    Next year's priority should be OL, then Harris (Smith is getting older), then Ngakoue, then Dalvin.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,440
    Having two legit DE's to put pressure on the QB makes life easier for our young CB's. I keep hearing we may move Ideafi inside to 3T which I'm not real sure on but I could see that on for sure passing downs.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,425
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Makes sense to have Yannick be the priority. I like Cook but if he cant stay healthy I'm fine with using an early pick on a RB and letting him walk. And I gotta believe you're right about Harris. Once again I really like the guy but he will be 30 next year and handing out a long term deal could be problematic, especially since Harrison isn't getting any younger. Totally forgot about Reiff. Ya just have him out there this year then move on and have Ezra or a high pick take his place. And considering this Front Office's history, I'm confident they'll work out it.
    The Vikings have been functioning with a lot of money tied in the DE position for years so it only makes sense that it continues. Zimmer is always talking about getting pressure with his front 4. So I think he'll be the top priority.

    This is what Zim said about Harris:

    I love Anthony. If he doesnt come back, I think hes earned everything hes got, but if you put up the positions most important on defense its probably not going to be safety,

    After I read that in February I figured Harris was as good as gone. He'll be 30 starting 2021 so yeah I think he's gone.

    Cook is probably gone too unless he's willing to take a cheaper deal.

    Cutting Reiff saves 11.7, Rudy saves 5.1, and Stephen 3.8. Barr is another possibility to save money. Could also give Harrison Smith an extension that lowers his 2021 cap hit. Bryz will find a way to make money magically appear.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The Vikings have been functioning with a lot of money tied in the DE position for years so it only makes sense that it continues. Zimmer is always talking about getting pressure with his front 4. So I think he'll be the top priority.

    This is what Zim said about Harris:

    I love Anthony. If he doesnt come back, I think hes earned everything hes got, but if you put up the positions most important on defense its probably not going to be safety,

    After I read that in February I figured Harris was as good as gone. He'll be 30 starting 2021 so yeah I think he's gone.

    Cook is probably gone too unless he's willing to take a cheaper deal.

    Cutting Reiff saves 11.7, Rudy saves 5.1, and Stephen 3.8. Barr is another possibility to save money. Could also give Harrison Smith an extension that lowers his 2021 cap hit. Bryz will find a way to make money magically appear.
    I didn't realize Harris was that old. Probably not a great idea to give him a ton of money and a long contract into his 30s.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    south central illinios
    Posts
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The Vikings have been functioning with a lot of money tied in the DE position for years so it only makes sense that it continues. Zimmer is always talking about getting pressure with his front 4. So I think he'll be the top priority.

    This is what Zim said about Harris:

    I love Anthony. If he doesnt come back, I think hes earned everything hes got, but if you put up the positions most important on defense its probably not going to be safety,

    After I read that in February I figured Harris was as good as gone. He'll be 30 starting 2021 so yeah I think he's gone.

    Cook is probably gone too unless he's willing to take a cheaper deal.

    Cutting Reiff saves 11.7, Rudy saves 5.1, and Stephen 3.8. Barr is another possibility to save money. Could also give Harrison Smith an extension that lowers his 2021 cap hit. Bryz will find a way to make money magically appear.
    and dont forget cousins he counts 41 mill cap hit next march if he is still a viking????

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,032
    Really like this move and that we arable to keep rieff too. Defense could actually be improved this year if some of the CB hype is true and we get him and hunter rushing...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,003
    I'd feel better if Danielle was actually in camp, and there wasn't scuttle out there about how we're going to have to restructure him and extend Yannick while still looking to find Cook money

    ....different subject, but I'd sure like to know what Dalvin has turned down...he and Kamara both thinking they deserve $16mil/per? *sigh*
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,595
    Talk about a wasted 2nd round pick. Unbelievable

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •