Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This looks terrible on the surface (because it is lol) but probably is the right move. Other than the occasional sack, Ngakoue hasn't been doing much. PFF has him as the 51st overall edge rusher, 110th against the run and 16th as a pass rusher. It doesn't look like he's going to be worth spending 10+ million a season. I think the reason this ends up being the right move is that if we didn't plan on resigning him then we might as well get better compensation for him. Baltimore's 3rd round pick will be a late pick but still higher than the comp pick. Plus the additional 5th round pick. We have a boat load of picks next year so we could always try to trade back into the 2nd round.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Strange *** franchise. He would of been better if hunter wasnt hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    This looks terrible on the surface (because it is lol) but probably is the right move. Other than the occasional sack, Ngakoue hasn't been doing much. PFF has him as the 51st overall edge rusher, 110th against the run and 16th as a pass rusher. It doesn't look like he's going to be worth spending 10+ million a season. I think the reason this ends up being the right move is that if we didn't plan on resigning him then we might as well get better compensation for him. Baltimore's 3rd round pick will be a late pick but still higher than the comp pick. Plus the additional 5th round pick. We have a boat load of picks next year so we could always try to trade back into the 2nd round.
    Yeah, pretty much a **** situation either way but it gets up some more picks. just sucks we traded a potential top 40 pick for a top 100 pick

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much a **** situation either way but it gets up some more picks. just sucks we traded a potential top 40 pick for a top 100 pick
    Just hoping now we can trade back into the 2nd round with some of these picks. We now have 12 picks plus 2 compensatory picks (3rd/4th for Waynes and 6th for Mack) coming as well. There's no way we'll be able to add another 10 rookies to the roster again next year. Best to use those picks aggressively and move up. Depending on what we get for Waynes, we'll either have 3 3rds and 3 4th's or 2 3rds and 4 4th's. Should be plenty of ammo to move back into the 2nd round.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Just hoping now we can trade back into the 2nd round with some of these picks. We now have 12 picks plus 2 compensatory picks (3rd/4th for Waynes and 6th for Mack) coming as well. There's no way we'll be able to add another 10 rookies to the roster again next year. Best to use those picks aggressively and move up. Depending on what we get for Waynes, we'll either have 3 3rds and 3 4th's or 2 3rds and 4 4th's. Should be plenty of ammo to move back into the 2nd round.
    I guess the bright side as well is that opens up a good chunk of cap space. Between Yannick and Harris (assuming he's traded or leaves in FA) we should have a bag of cash on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I guess the bright side as well is that opens up a good chunk of cap space. Between Yannick and Harris (assuming he's traded or leaves in FA) we should have a bag of cash on hand.
    For this year or you talking next? We already paid most of Yannicks salary this year so that was another win for Baltimore.

It was always going to be problematic getting Yannick re-signed....especially persuading him to even want to the way the season has gone. If they traded him, they should definitely consider trading Harris...and maybe Rudy to the Eagles makes sense, too, if the Eagles don't think they can re-sign Ertz.

I'm not on a Tank for Trevor kick, because we can't possibly suck as much as the Jets...but I wonder where Trey Lance will be viewed by draft day. We almost HAVE to go QB early even 1st next year, living thru 1 more year of Kirk then kicking him loose.

This season is literally about 1 yard off from being one we're still excited about...2 losses by 1 point could that easily have both been wins.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Read it may have taken close to 20 million per year to resign Ngakoue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Whatever. I will forget 2020 anyway

Is it just me, but is the defense playing better without Yannick Ngakoue. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bigvikingfan View Post
    Is it just me, but is the defense playing better without Yannick Ngakoue. Your thoughts?
    For sure it appears that way but we are also starting to see other guys start to show their skills. Armon Watts has quietly been playing pretty good.

At this point I'm glad we traded Yannick...nothing to do with him as a player, but yeah his absence has allowed others to progress more...guys who WON'T cost 20mil/per to keep next year
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by bigvikingfan View Post
    Well Yannick was terrible against the run so I think the improvements we're seeing are largely to do with that. He was our best pass rusher but Zim is being more creative getting pressure and that's making up for the loss of his rushing skills.
    2020 Vikings Draft: