Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,376
    My only thing is I wish they would have waited to turn Roman heel in front of a live crowd. It would have gotten a bigger pop. I also didnt love the idea of having Bray win the title for a week just to give it to Reigns. I understand why they did it but whatever. I fully expect Reigns to hold the universal title until at least WrestleMania.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    My only thing is I wish they would have waited to turn Roman heel in front of a live crowd. It would have gotten a bigger pop. I also didnt love the idea of having Bray win the title for a week just to give it to Reigns. I understand why they did it but whatever. I fully expect Reigns to hold the universal title until at least WrestleMania.
    I would have him hold onto the belt for the next calendar year. Not just that, I would have him win his matches, relatively clean. To me the absolute best villains are the ones who believe they are the hero of the story (think Thanos/Endgame).
    Screw sabermetics.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I would have him hold onto the belt for the next calendar year. Not just that, I would have him win his matches, relatively clean. To me the absolute best villains are the ones who believe they are the hero of the story (think Thanos/Endgame).
    I'm not against that but you know people will turn on Roman if they let him keep the belt that long. That's in wrestling fans DNA. We'll see. Hopefully they give this a chance.

    Yeah, that's the same reason why I think Seth is doing his best work. That Monday Night Messiah thing is great in terms of him thinking he's the hero. I wish he had a bigger stable though. AOP won't be part of it anymore because they were just released today.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm not against that but you know people will turn on Roman if they let him keep the belt that long. That's in wrestling fans DNA. We'll see. Hopefully they give this a chance.
    Maybe but then again WWE kept the belt on Brock Lesnar for over 500 days in 2017/2018. Not saying keep the belt on that long, but a calendar feels about right to me, with somebody like Daniel Bryan taking the belt of Roman at next year's SummerSlam.

    Yeah, that's the same reason why I think Seth is doing his best work. That Monday Night Messiah thing is great in terms of him thinking he's the hero. I wish he had a bigger stable though. AOP won't be part of it anymore because they were just released today.
    It's an easy fix, make Retribution his new faction. They did bypass beating him down a few weeks ago, when they beat down the Mysterios.
    Screw sabermetics.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    118,453
    i am 100 pct fine with roman keeping the title until mania and being a heel if face styles takes it off of him... i know AJ as a heel is best AJ and i know its AJ choice to not be world champion because he wanted to take a break etc but AJ with the world title is best AJ

    ALSO remember we are having the draft... bray wyatt is going to raw... his character would be better on their 3 hour long *** show etc... bray or braun are going to raw.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,579
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm not against that but you know people will turn on Roman if they let him keep the belt that long. That's in wrestling fans DNA. We'll see. Hopefully they give this a chance.

    Yeah, that's the same reason why I think Seth is doing his best work. That Monday Night Messiah thing is great in terms of him thinking he's the hero. I wish he had a bigger stable though. AOP won't be part of it anymore because they were just released today.
    NXT tag teams have not translated well, and it's all on Vince. The Ascension was ridiculously over, and he put the shoulder pads on them and they were dead on arrival. Now you have AOP getting released, because Paul Ellering never came over with them and they weren't given a similar mouthpiece.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i am 100 pct fine with roman keeping the title until mania and being a heel if face styles takes it off of him... i know AJ as a heel is best AJ and i know its AJ choice to not be world champion because he wanted to take a break etc but AJ with the world title is best AJ

    ALSO remember we are having the draft... bray wyatt is going to raw... his character would be better on their 3 hour long *** show etc... bray or braun are going to raw.
    I don't like heel AJ Styles. To me, like MJF of AEW, there is something goofy and off-putting with their heel characters. I rather see an edgier face AJ Styles over a heel AJ Styles.

    As for Bray/Braun going to Raw, probably but I don't know how I feel about either. I personally think Braun should stay on Smackdown for a bit longer, but again both Braun/Bray both have limited amount of performers they can realistically work with (and the same can be said about them staying on Smackdown) and still be believable.

    The best thing for Bray and Braun is to reunited and have them turned out to be the masterminds behind "Retribution." And don't limited this group to one or the other show. Have them create chaos on all three shows.
    Screw sabermetics.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,413
    Turning Roman heel is the best thing going in WWE for the last 2 months. I hope he holds the belt for a while like they did with Brock.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Turning Roman heel is the best thing going in WWE for the last 2 months. I hope he holds the belt for a while like they did with Brock.
    Not just for Roman, this story has been fantastic for Jey. Watching him going from defiant of his cousin to embracing his inner darkness has been a revelation.

    Lazy booking says Jimmy will come back and immediately be put into the faction with his brother and cousin but the better long term booking would be to have Jimmy seperate from that stable. Jimmy was not drafted and thus he could be put on Raw where is wife is currently.
    Screw sabermetics.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    9,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Not just for Roman, this story has been fantastic for Jey. Watching him going from defiant of his cousin to embracing his inner darkness has been a revelation.

    Lazy booking says Jimmy will come back and immediately be put into the faction with his brother and cousin but the better long term booking would be to have Jimmy seperate from that stable. Jimmy was not drafted and thus he could be put on Raw where is wife is currently.
    or maybe do to him what they did with Jey. Jimmy wants to get to the bottom of why his Cousin and his Brother are doing what they are doing and tries to reason with them and continues on and they just beat on him until he breaks like Jey did.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    118,453
    wwe is starting to right the ship

    roman heel
    uso looks like a legit world title contender
    Alexa and bray wyatt is my fav thing ever
    Orton/Mac/Bray feud
    Miz has the money in the bank

    only down size is sasha champ over bayley

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    wwe is starting to right the ship

    roman heel
    uso looks like a legit world title contender
    Alexa and bray wyatt is my fav thing ever
    Orton/Mac/Bray feud
    Miz has the money in the bank

    only down size is sasha champ over bayley
    There is no scenario in which The Miz having "The Money in the Bank" is a good thing. Considering Orton/Drew/Bray status, Miz value with the MITB is the same as Otis'. Which is not very high. Right now, Miz is not even main event level. MITB is wasted on The Miz.

    The belt needed to get off of Bayley. Her two recent stints have combine for over 520 days as champ. Yeah, it was time for belt to come off of Bayley.
    Screw sabermetics.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    118,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    There is no scenario in which The Miz having "The Money in the Bank" is a good thing. Considering Orton/Drew/Bray status, Miz value with the MITB is the same as Otis'. Which is not very high. Right now, Miz is not even main event level. MITB is wasted on The Miz.

    The belt needed to get off of Bayley. Her two recent stints have combine for over 520 days as champ. Yeah, it was time for belt to come off of Bayley.
    well miz losing to whomever during a cash in was probably the reason for giving it to him and taking it off of smackdown so nobody could cash in against roman.... miz is always relevant because of how known he is outside of wwe and the work he does for usa etc...

    why does someone holding the title for 520 days mean its time to take it off of them? sure if you have a becky or a charlotte taking it but bayley is the best heel this business has seen on a female in a long time outside of charlotte.... now we lose said heel and get face sasha banks whom i like but never loved vs one of the worst woman on the roster who is fake from head to toe and is awful in the ring....... the far better move would have been to keep it on bayley till mania and have sasha take it off of her there with becky/charlotte etc coming back.... the womans division on smackdown has 2 woman and that is bayley/sasha and its going to kill sashas title run with bayley now taking a back seat. Its going to be awful

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    well miz losing to whomever during a cash in was probably the reason for giving it to him and taking it off of smackdown so nobody could cash in against roman.... miz is always relevant because of how known he is outside of wwe and the work he does for usa etc...

    why does someone holding the title for 520 days mean its time to take it off of them? sure if you have a becky or a charlotte taking it but bayley is the best heel this business has seen on a female in a long time outside of charlotte.... now we lose said heel and get face sasha banks whom i like but never loved vs one of the worst woman on the roster who is fake from head to toe and is awful in the ring....... the far better move would have been to keep it on bayley till mania and have sasha take it off of her there with becky/charlotte etc coming back.... the womans division on smackdown has 2 woman and that is bayley/sasha and its going to kill sashas title run with bayley now taking a back seat. Its going to be awful
    Status quo is not always a good thing. It's not like Bayley won't be champ again, but it was time to give someone else a chance with the belt.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •