Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chadwick Boseman passes away of colon cancer at 42

4 years of fighting colon cancer and worked through it all. Inspiring to say the least.

That said 43 is way too young. RIP.

Damn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Passes on Jackie Robinson day at 42 who he portrayed in 42.

RIP Chadwick Boseman

It appears he had been quietly fighting colon cancer for the last several years. Only 43 years old. The man had several great roles and performances, most people will recognize his work in Black Panther. He also played Jackie Robinson in 42, and, died on Jackie Robinson day.

Ah I should have checked here first but I just made a thread in the Entertainment forum. NBD.

Truly inspiring that he worked his *** off despite his condition. His star had really just begun to ascend. I really liked him in 42 and Express: The Ernie Davis Story, but he cemented his place in the industry of course as Black Panther.

Pretty crazy that he played the lead in 3 (James Brown in Get On Up) different biopics too. I feel like that is very uncommon.

you guys think they should retire the black panther character or recast? It will suck seeing someone else play the character but at the same time the character in society is a huge deal and should lead the mcu along with spiderman going forward

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you guys think they should retire the black panther character or recast? It will suck seeing someone else play the character but at the same time the character in society is a huge deal and should lead the mcu along with spiderman going forward
    I am actually surprised he got the role. If he has had it four years, more than likely they knew he had it when he took the role because I'm sure he got a physical.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Considering how often they re-cast superheroes, I am sure they will. There might be backlash but I can't see Disney sitting on that franchise whether its through another Avengers film or just another Black Panther movie. It might take a few years though.

I mean Spiderman has been re-casted 3 times. We've seen 6 different Batmans. So many Supermans. Its just a matter of time.

I appreciated his work, especially in 42. He was the perfect actor to play Jackie Robinson.
    May he rest in peace. Condolences to family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Considering how often they re-cast superheroes, I am sure they will. There might be backlash but I can't see Disney sitting on that franchise whether its through another Avengers film or just another Black Panther movie. It might take a few years though.

I mean Spiderman has been re-casted 3 times. We've seen 6 different Batmans. So many Supermans. Its just a matter of time.
    This is a continuous universe and series though. Quite a bit different than the examples you gave.

In saying that I feel they may just send off this character some way. I actually donít feel they will recast within this universe. They did it once with war machine but heís not as key a character and they did that within the first like 2 movies within this universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Huge pity he died at such young age. Who knows what other films he could have played in besides Marvel movies. I liked Black Panther quite a lot.

A tragedy to lose such a talent and what seems like a genuine good human being too. Amazing to think that he knew of the personal battle with cancer he was fighting when he did the St Jude visit with kids.

Re: Black Panther.

The role of T'Challa is likely to be retired. ANd I think it would be the right choice. But in the comics, Black Panther is the protector of Wakanda and is a title that gets passed down for generations. So the role of Black Panther will roll on with someone new, most likely in the next film with the legacy of Chadwick's T'Challa looming large. Most likely Shuri will be taking the role of Black Panther.

I read an interesting take though. What if they brought back Michael B Jordan, not as T'Challa, but as Killmonger. Wouldn't be the first time that a villain has turned to a hero in Marvel's history. So what if they bring back Killmonger and have him be reformed and understanding, to take the mantle of Black Panther and Shuri takes over as queen of Wakanda.

All of that said, devastated this even needs to be a conversation.

I liked him in the Jackie Robinson movie, and kept hearing Black Panther was awesome, so I checked it out like 3 weeks ago, and it was pretty good. He was very good I thought.

Crazy. He was over a year younger than me. What a reality check on life's fragility.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    A tragedy to lose such a talent and what seems like a genuine good human being too. Amazing to think that he knew of the personal battle with cancer he was fighting when he did the St Jude visit with kids.

Re: Black Panther.

The role of T'Challa is likely to be retired. ANd I think it would be the right choice. But in the comics, Black Panther is the protector of Wakanda and is a title that gets passed down for generations. So the role of Black Panther will roll on with someone new, most likely in the next film with the legacy of Chadwick's T'Challa looming large. Most likely Shuri will be taking the role of Black Panther.

I read an interesting take though. What if they brought back Michael B Jordan, not as T'Challa, but as Killmonger. Wouldn't be the first time that a villain has turned to a hero in Marvel's history. So what if they bring back Killmonger and have him be reformed and understanding, to take the mantle of Black Panther and Shuri takes over as queen of Wakanda.

All of that said, devastated this even needs to be a conversation.
    MBJ is one of my favorite actors... id love for him to be black panther. I doubt he would do it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast