Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

MLB likely to have two bubbles for Postseason

Seems pointless to me. Why play all regular season in home stadiums then have the playoffs in a bubble? Wouldn't the opposite have made more sense?

Might as well play November baseball, since those are warm Sunbelt regions.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Seems pointless to me. Why play all regular season in home stadiums then have the playoffs in a bubble? Wouldn't the opposite have made more sense?
    Because you’ll have less players during the playoffs than regular season.

Why would you cram 30 teams worth of players and staff into 6 or so cities/stadiums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Because you’ll have less players during the playoffs than regular season.

Why would you cram 30 teams worth of players and staff into 6 or so cities/stadiums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why not? AL and NL will have 8 teams per in the playoffs. 8 teams in one city.

If 30 teams were in 6 cities in the regular season that'd be 5 teams per city.

Also, playoffs should have somewhat of a home field advantage imo to reward the top teams.

HFA loses its effectiveness when there are no fans.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

If you're the home team and score a run in the bottom of the 9th or later in a tied ballgame, then you win the game. That's not the case if you're the road team. If you score a run in the top of an inning, then the home team still has to bat. That's where the concept of HFA comes into play.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

So....you're pretending like the team with the better regular season record isn't going to have the opportunity for the last AB's of a game come playoff time?

Because that doesn't go away. I'm referring to the fan support aspect of HFA because that has gone away due to COVID-19 protocols, as will the comfort of being in your home stadium and staying at your own residence come playoff time (assuming you don't luck out and end up having a series in your home ballpark).

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    HFA loses its effectiveness when there are no fans.
    Idk, more games in your home park with home field dimensions is a bigger factor than fans imo. I think the fan factor is more fun for us watching on TV than anything else.

Idk, more games in your home park with home field dimensions is a bigger factor than fans imo. I think the fan factor is more fun for us watching on TV than anything else.
    I strongly disagree with that. Look at the NBA and the NFL. All their courts and fields have the exact same dimensions, yet HFA is still absolutely massive (especially in the playoffs).

I strongly disagree with that. Look at the NBA and the NFL. All their courts and fields have the exact same dimensions, yet HFA is still absolutely massive (especially in the playoffs).
    NFL also has weather to deal with though. A dome team, or LA/FL team having to go play @ Green Bay, Chicago, etc in the freezing cold or snow is a massive factor.

I don't think it's a huge deal in the NBA. The best teams will win and typically there's only 2 to 4 teams who have a legit shot to win it all anyway.

Of the four major American sports, home-court advantage is most meaningful in the NBA, with teams consistently winning around 60 percent of their regular season games in their home arenas.

Of the four major American sports, home-court advantage is most meaningful in the NBA, with teams consistently winning around 60 percent of their regular season games in their home arenas.
    That really surprises me. I would've expected NBA and NHL to be the least affected

Why not? AL and NL will have 8 teams per in the playoffs. 8 teams in one city.

If 30 teams were in 6 cities in the regular season that'd be 5 teams per city.

Also, playoffs should have somewhat of a home field advantage imo to reward the top teams.
    NYC/Buffalo, Washington DC/Baltimore/Philly and the spring training homes make sense as hub areas for a season. Add in LA and somewhere in Texas and you've got it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    NYC/Buffalo, Washington DC/Baltimore/Philly and the spring training homes make sense as hub areas for a season. Add in LA and somewhere in Texas and you've got it.
    those cities have terrible weather in the fall. You ain't gonna play postseason games where games can be delayed or rained out. I don't know why the WS has to be played at the Rangers new ball park???????