Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Why though? Apparently he was was pretty sold on becoming a Laker. Also, I'm curious what's your take on DMC? Its like the Lakers need to get him as an insurance guy just so the other teams won't.
    Was it so much that Howard was pretty sold on becoming a Laker or was it more that he was pretty worn throughout the league. Not many teams wanted to touch him. With him having a very good and "quiet" season, he's sure to have more offers this coming off-season. And most likely bigger offers then what our front office might be willing to pay. We don't have much to work with this coming free agency. I'm thinking GS could be willing to offer more money and a bigger role. If not them I can see the Clippers trying to poach him from us. I don't see him leaving California.

Then there's the BLM issue, it seems him and LBJ are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes how to participate in activism.

As for DMC, I think we should stay away. We don't need him this season, we aren't gonna "need" him next season. He never was a good defender can you imagine now. His lateral movement has to be shot to hell.

There's no way that McGee doesn't pick up his PO so he will for sure come back. I'm hoping Howard comes back but if he doesn't I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. IMO there will be Cs out there that can be had for the minimum and outplay their contracts if they're only asked to play their role. IMO that's why a lot of our role players have excelled this season, they aren't asked to do too much. Just do what you can do but do it great. Bradley, McGee, Howard, Caruso come to mind. If Howard walks I'd be cool with WCS, Mahinmi or Biyombo for minimum. Now after that if they still want to go for DMC as a "on paper" 3rd string C then cool.

We were going into this season with only McGee and DMC at C and DMC was lost for the season in preseason, we got very lucky Howard was available when DMC went down. Or like I said earlier, Howard didn't have many offers last summer.

Both Howard and Morris fell into our laps this season.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Was it so much that Howard was pretty sold on becoming a Laker or was it more that he was pretty worn throughout the league. Not many teams wanted to touch him. With him having a very good and "quiet" season, he's sure to have more offers this coming off-season. And most likely bigger offers then what our front office might be willing to pay. We don't have much to work with this coming free agency. I'm thinking GS could be willing to offer more money and a bigger role. If not them I can see the Clippers trying to poach him from us. I don't see him leaving California.

Then there's the BLM issue, it seems him and LBJ are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes how to participate in activism.

As for DMC, I think we should stay away. We don't need him this season, we aren't gonna "need" him next season. He never was a good defender can you imagine now. His lateral movement has to be shot to hell.

There's no way that McGee doesn't pick up his PO so he will for sure come back. I'm hoping Howard comes back but if he doesn't I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. IMO there will be Cs out there that can be had for the minimum and outplay their contracts if they're only asked to play their role. IMO that's why a lot of our role players have excelled this season, they aren't asked to do too much. Just do what you can do but do it great. Bradley, McGee, Howard, Caruso come to mind. If Howard walks I'd be cool with WCS, Mahinmi or Biyombo for minimum. Now after that if they still want to go for DMC as a "on paper" 3rd string C then cool.

We were going into this season with only McGee and DMC at C and DMC was lost for the season in preseason, we got very lucky Howard was available when DMC went down. Or like I said earlier, Howard didn't have many offers last summer.

Both Howard and Morris fell into our laps this season.
    I agree with your points on DMC. Dwight though.. I dont know he really made me eat crow. Maybe he still has it, maybe the Lakers really helped to resurrect his game. Unless he pulls an Ariza and decides he wants to get paid, im fine with that but I'm still hoping that if we win it all, he comes back for cheap. Not sure what happened to WCS all I know was his game evolved in Sacramento started hitting those jumpers but after that I'm not sure anymore. I'm a big fan of long and lanky centers.

Dwight played well tonight..you could tell the Joker did not like being guarded by Dwight...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Dwight Howard redemption story lives on. I believe he resigns with the LakeShow. We compete with the Heat in FA.

No way he goes to the Clips after what happened this post season.

Who opened this useless thread? Please close it!
    Lebron is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Dwight Howard redemption story lives on. I believe he resigns with the LakeShow. We compete with the Heat in FA.

No way he goes to the Clips after what happened this post season.
    The guy who opened this tread wants him to go to his team.
    Lebron is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Who opened this useless thread? Please close it!
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    The guy who opened this tread wants him to go to his team.
    Rent free!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    Dwight played well tonight..you could tell the Joker did not like being guarded by Dwight...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Because as talented as jokic is, he's very soft, just like Pau before he met Kobe, when jokic will play tougher bball he will be something else, until then bully him and you're good.

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Good time for DH to take control of the series.

This thread man lol?

We need Dwight lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12