Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Trade Deadline Talk

Deadline is in less than a week, and Giants are in an interesting spot. Should Giants buy, sell, or do what they did last year and do both?

Absolutely sell. Gausman and Watson are the two most likeliest traded, in my opinion. Belt has a case to get dealt, but they'll need to eat some money. Flores is another candidate, but I can see Zaidi holding him because you don't want to continue to filling holes year after year either and he's with us through next season.

Sell anybody they aren't going to give a QO to, trade aging veterans if you can along with sending $.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

If the price is right, sell basically any expensive veteran that isn't likely to be part of this team's (hopeful) success in the next half decade.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

....and eat large chunks of salary if that's what it takes to acquire meaningful talent.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

That's a big "meh".

There's a report out there that the Giants are more likely to be buyers than sellers. I believe that to be posturing more than anything else.

Seems like we have a decent amount of players with tradeable value. But at the same time, with 8 teams making the playoffs and how the Giants have played lately, I can see them making it

Farhan is in a tough spot, and is going to be ridiculed one way or the other for his actions lol. I mean, we can make the playoffs but aren't going anywhere in them. Mind as well move whoever he can, whole roster available other than a few, like Bart, Yaz and Coonrod who looks the part of our future closer

Glad I'm not in his spot, cant wait til tomorrow at the deadline to see what hes got up his sleeve..

Farhan needs to build for sustainable success not pursue a playoff spot in a sham season.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Farhan needs to build for sustainable success not pursue a playoff spot in a sham season.
    This. I have (like to have) faith that the FO knows this and takes this "sham season" for what it is (isn't), and use it to further build the team for the future.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays