Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Curry-Green
    Shake-Thybulle

Doc is going to prioritize one defender with one shooter. He’s done it everywhere else. Don’t know why he wouldn’t do it here. Playing Curry and Shake together is about as effective as putting up traffic cones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I tend to agree on playing Curry and Shake as a backcourt tandam. With Doc as coach, Green will most definitely start over Curry at the 2 for defensive purposes and playoff experience. Curry usage is needed on the 2nd unit where defense is not a priority as much as scoring. He should be able to light up against the opposing team 2nd unit to capitolize on the score until the starting unit returns.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    I tend to agree on playing Curry and Shake as a backcourt tandam. With Doc as coach, Green will most definitely start over Curry at the 2 for defensive purposes and playoff experience. Curry usage is needed on the 2nd unit where defense is not a priority as much as scoring. He should be able to light up against the opposing team 2nd unit to capitolize on the score until the starting unit returns.

See I disagree here. I think with what Curry does as a shooter, as one of the best 3pt shooters ever quite frankly, his minutes need to be tied with Embiid in the way JJ Redick’s minutes were. Embiid is at his best when he’s surrounded by shooters and Curry is the best shooter. When Embiid is in, Curry needs to be in. So I think Curry should start to maximize his floor time with Embiid as much as possible.

There’s no wrong answer here and I won’t have an issue if Curry comes off the bench. It’s gonna be between him or Shake IMO and I’m good either way. Just a personal preference at this time. I think Simmons, Harris, Embiid and Green are locks to start at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i rather see Maxxey play more mins than Thybulle. He prob wont at first but i do expect that to change as the season goes on.
    Why should he? Thybulle is a better defender and a good enough three ball shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    See I disagree here. I think with what Curry does as a shooter, as one of the best 3pt shooters ever quite frankly, his minutes need to be tied with Embiid in the way JJ Redick’s minutes were. Embiid is at his best when he’s surrounded by shooters and Curry is the best shooter. When Embiid is in, Curry needs to be in. So I think Curry should start to maximize his floor time with Embiid as much as possible.

There’s no wrong answer here and I won’t have an issue if Curry comes off the bench. It’s gonna be between him or Shake IMO and I’m good either way. Just a personal preference at this time. I think Simmons, Harris, Embiid and Green are locks to start at this time.
    Yea. I prefer Curry with that group. Slightly better shooter. Plus it moves Shake’s ball handling to the bench with the second unit where it’s inevitable he’s with Thybulle, Ferguson, Howard.

Yea. I prefer Curry with that group. Slightly better shooter. Plus it moves Shake’s ball handling to the bench with the second unit where it’s inevitable he’s with Thybulle, Ferguson, Howard.

Yeah. And anyways I’d rather stagger Simmons/Shake’s minutes a little more if anything, so Shake coming off the bench would be great.

Shake and Ben can play together plenty, and they will, but as the two most reliable primary ball handlers on the team by far, you ideally have at least one of them on the floor at all times. So they should be staggered just a little bit at least.

Right now starting 5:

G- Curry
    G- Green
    F- Simmons
    F- Harris
    C- Embiid

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post

Shake is a 1 while Curry is generally a 2. Did you want Curry to handle the point as Simmons play the power forward on the starting unit?

Seth doesn't have the court vision nor run plays like Steph can otherwise the Mavs would never have traded him to us. Still one of the best shooters in the game so I guess Simmons can just run the plays from the paint as Doc calls it in. It should be interesting to see how he sets his starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Right now starting 5:

G- Curry
    G- Green
    F- Simmons
    F- Harris
    C- Embiid
    No way would Simmons play the small as it be wasted on him. Need to have him at the 4 to rebound and score without the need to shoot. Harris can definitely excel at the 3.

Why should he? Thybulle is a better defender and a good enough three ball shooter.

im not much of a Thybulle fan. He cant shoot, his % is hollow since he took under 1 per game. he not some great defender either, hes opportunistic. For every game hes a causing havoc he disappears for a few. He even said himself hes not that great at locking down players. Hes just a bigger, more athletic TJ to me right now. yea i said it!

Shake is a 1 while Curry is generally a 2. Did you want Curry to handle the point as Simmons play the power forward on the starting unit?

Seth doesn't have the court vision nor run plays like Steph can otherwise the Mavs would never have traded him to us. Still one of the best shooters in the game so I guess Simmons can just run the plays from the paint as Doc calls it in. It should be interesting to see how he sets his starting lineup.

it doesnt matter what simmons position is, hes still running point. doesnt matter who is out there wthi him.

I want Simmons to be the “point guard.”

In a perfect world, the point guard can also willingly shoot lol. But Simmons is my point guard nonetheless. Just surround him with shooters and let him run the offense. That is the best way to unlock him.

Simmons
    Curry
    Green
    Harris
    Embiid

Correct me IF I'm wrong but the 76ers traded the Suns unprotected 1st in 2021 to the Clippers as part of the Tobias deal. Brand did that LOL. In 2021 Sixers will only have their own 1st and they own the Knicks 2nd which should be high.

Any interest in Lou Williams IF he is available? What would you give up?

Lou Williams in final year 1/8M

Looks like Justin Anderson is back.

Daryl Morey like a tweet and commented of “I can’t wait to see it too” or someone projecting a starting lineup of:
    Simmons
    Curry
    Green
    Harris
    Embiid.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast