Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I would still prefer that they hire a president of basketball operation before a HC and give him full control. Brand must go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I would still prefer that they hire a president of basketball operation before a HC and give him full control. Brand must go.
    At least do the FO reshuffling first they said would happen.

its going to be Mike D and Embiid could be on the block after next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    It may be a 2 man race between Ty Lue and Mike D'Antoni for 76ers gig. I think ownership may be leaning D'Antoni lol.
    i could not hate this front office more

i dont understand when Mike D becamse a good coach. If we get him we need to trade embiid asap and keep horford... its so sad but embiid wont work in his system even more so with a PG who refuses to shoot

I always thought D'Antoni ran more of a run-and-gun offense? If that's the case the Sixer's will fail miserably at the helm. The Rockets shot alot of threes and ran alot of isolation plays....they had the guys to do so.....The Sixers don't....Simmons doesn't shoot, but may benefit from iso plays. Embiid shouldn't be anywhere near the 3-PT line, but again would benefit from iso plays....Horford - don't get me started on him, can't count on him for either unless he's playing bully ball....Korkmaz and Milton, eh they're not terrible but are they consistent enough with the 3 but aren't exactly the iso type players.? Harris - I don't see him particularly strong at either the 3ball or iso plays....

Is D'Antoni the answer for coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    I always thought D'Antoni ran more of a run-and-gun offense? If that's the case the Sixer's will fail miserably at the helm. The Rockets shot alot of threes and ran alot of isolation plays....they had the guys to do so.....The Sixers don't....Simmons doesn't shoot, but may benefit from iso plays. Embiid shouldn't be anywhere near the 3-PT line, but again would benefit from iso plays....Horford - don't get me started on him, can't count on him for either unless he's playing bully ball....Korkmaz and Milton, eh they're not terrible but are they consistent enough with the 3 but aren't exactly the iso type players.? Harris - I don't see him particularly strong at either the 3ball or iso plays....

Is D'Antoni the answer for coaching?
    that is likely why we would trade horford for a hield but in all actuality we should then trade joel for some shooters which is just sad... in a mike D system Horford will fit best.

I just really hope we go lue.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    that is likely why we would trade horford for a hield but in all actuality we should then trade joel for some shooters which is just sad... in a mike D system Horford will fit best.

I just really hope we go lue.
    Regardless of coach -- Adding in Hield over Horford would be a massive improvement for the offense.

The 76ers organization do not have the guts to trade Embiid and doing so would admit they screwed the pooch of assets Hinkie left them.

Ben is a good ball handler for MDAs 7 sec or less. Guess that means New papa Embiid would be on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ben is a good ball handler for MDAs 7 sec or less. Guess that means New papa Embiid would be on the block.
    yup and horford would fit better with mike Ds system... that being said i would like to get hield for horford if those rumors have legs and give it a year and see how that goes before breaking up joel and ben but in mike Ds **** system embiid cant be here which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yup and horford would fit better with mike Ds system... that being said i would like to get hield for horford if those rumors have legs and give it a year and see how that goes before breaking up joel and ben but in mike Ds **** system embiid cant be here which is sad.
    Iím scared they try to do Embiid for Harden. That would be such a waste. Iím not sure the move I would want the to do if this is their choice.

Hypothetical: IF the Clips are willing to move PG should Sixers be interested?

I would do a Tobias Harris for PG with no hesitation.

Horford for Buddy Hield is such a good trade for the Sixers fit wise. The trade may actually help both teams TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iím scared they try to do Embiid for Harden. That would be such a waste. Iím not sure the move I would want the to do if this is their choice.
    i am not a harden guy but i wouldnt mind him here with joel but it would cost us ben... tough decisions but i am so glad we have such a smart gm leading the way

Horford to the Bulls also may work with the Billy Donovan connection. The Bulls have young talent that I like Lavine, Markkanen, Coby White, and Wendell Carter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast