Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sixers offseason thread.

News, thoughts, mock moves, all of it here.

My GM/Pres of BBall Operations wish list stands at like 2:
    Bobby Webster - GM, Toronto Raptors
    Adam Simon - Assistant GM, Miami Heat

Coaching wish list:
    Adrian Griffin - Assistant coach, Toronto Raptors
    Kenny Atkinson - Former Head Coach, Brooklyn Nets
    Mike Brown - Associate Head Coach, Golden State Warriors
    Mark Jackson - Announcer, ESPN

I think if you were to really press me I would say Bobby Webster as President of Basketball operations and Adrian Griffin as head coach. I know it's from the same team, but thats on purpose for me. I think it's important to have a head basketball guy and a head coach on the same page and having similar views. Each of the other guys on my coaching list just has some flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    My GM/Pres of BBall Operations wish list stands at like 2:
    Bobby Webster - GM, Toronto Raptors
    Adam Simon - Assistant GM, Miami Heat

Coaching wish list:
    Adrian Griffin - Assistant coach, Toronto Raptors
    Kenny Atkinson - Former Head Coach, Brooklyn Nets
    Mike Brown - Associate Head Coach, Golden State Warriors
    Mark Jackson - Announcer, ESPN

I think if you were to really press me I would say Bobby Webster as President of Basketball operations and Adrian Griffin as head coach. I know it's from the same team, but thats on purpose for me. I think it's important to have a head basketball guy and a head coach on the same page and having similar views. Each of the other guys on my coaching list just has some flaws.
    Don't know much at the GM candidates. They come from winning organizations so that's good.

As far as coaches, I would scratch Griffin from the list. Those allegations don't look good and we don't need that smoke. Mike Brown, I've never been impressed with him as a head coach. I like Atkinson, Jackson. I would add Ty Lue, Dave Joerger, and Jay Wright.
    Last edited by bootsy; 08-25-2020 at 02:03 AM.

I'm trying to figure out what Lue brings to the table as far as coaching? He didn't last long after LeBron left Cleveland....and was he the one that held the players accountable or was it LeBron? I don't see Simmons and Embiid being the same type of leaders that LeBron is....so how much of a voice does Lue bring to that locker room?

I would like to see a coach that has more of a track record and will hold the players accountable for their play....I like Mark Jackson....Jason Kidd I think has the recognition in the league to be a real voice in the locker room with the players....Atkinson would also be on my list....he did good things in Brooklyn before he left and get the Sixers' players head on straight building a real culture for the team.

I think Brand should probably get one more season to correct his roster issues - if possible....if he can't he can go....

As far as Lue, LeBron gave him a ton of credit. After Lebron left that roster was terrible. No Kyrie, no LeBron, KLove out. He also only got 6 games with that.

Marc Jackson doesn't bother me....it's a matter of did he evolve his thinking on offense. (note he didn't want curry shooting 3's and wouldn't play Green)
    Jason Kidd is a hard pass. The team doesn't seem interested. His offenses are terrible and will make y'all long for Brown.
    Kenny Atkinson isn't a terrible pick, my issue is the rumor his offense is more just put the ball in a guys hand and let him got to work or run a PnR.

IF Billy Donovan and the Thunder decides to part ways I would be interested. Also, Mike D'Antoni is a free agent but most likely the Rockets want him back. What about him as a candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    IF Billy Donovan and the Thunder decides to part ways I would be interested. Also, Mike D'Antoni is a free agent but most likely the Rockets want him back. What about him as a candidate?
    D'Antoni is a pass for me. Billy Donovan is interesting, has had some unique ideas, but he's also cost that team with some decisions.

Update: Billy Donovan and the Thunder have parted ways. He is definitely at the top of my coaching list.

would you guys want to trade ben simmons/firsts/thyb or whatever it takes to pair him with joel?

i feel like joel/cp3/ben/thyb is much better than anything joel/giannis.

would you guys want to trade ben simmons/firsts/thyb or whatever it takes to pair him with joel?

i feel like joel/cp3/ben/thyb is much better than anything joel/giannis.

For me I want Joel/Giannis over anything.

I feel like with those 2 you need and average PG like Shake and get me 2 shooters. Boom.

whats up fellas? been a long time. sad to see this place is slowly dying, at least theres some activity going on i guess. ill get into roster stuff later since thats a way bigger issue that needs to b addressed and it wont be easy.

As for coaches ill gladly pass on Donnovan, Kidd, and especially Jackson. Im ok wiht Lue but hes still not preferred and it would be hard to take him serious when I wear my stepover shirt almost every game lol. We need a unique and relatively younger mind to come in. Dave Yeager is on the list for the Pacers and I would like him to be on ours. He got a raw deal in Sac and even Cousins showed his support after he got like 7 coaches fired.

s://phillysportsnetwork.com/2020/09/11/billy-donovan-sixers/

Daryl Morey or Kevin Pritchard for team president job?

It may be a 2 man race between Ty Lue and Mike D'Antoni for 76ers gig. I think ownership may be leaning D'Antoni lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast