Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pre-Draft: Cole Anthony for Sixers

Sixers should draft this player tonight based on need which is the ability to shoot from distance and getting teammates involved from the point. He has immense potential from what I seen from his play but most importantly, he wants to come here!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sixersw...on/amp/?espv=1

He did partially tore his right meniscus and underwent surgery plus having a reputation as a bad teammate but his upside potential is worth taking the risk imho. I hope he can grow to become a leader for the Sixers with Doc tutelage. I can't see anyone based on where we are selecting at 21 to be better than Cole and hope he will still be available when its our turn to pick. You can see the game he processes here which is what we need https://youtu.be/qckrSut_6bM

Let's make it happen Morey!

I like this recent mock the best as Cole is still available and most of the picks make sense https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...st-round-picks

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cattusmaru; 11-18-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Horford gone for nothing, thank God

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    Horford gone for nothing, thank God
    Wow I'm surprised Presti was dumb enough to take Horford for basically more picks. And we got Danny Green who I still think is a capable yet streaky 3 point shooter who can spread the floor on the wing. Just his presence will have the opposing team guarding him even if he miss all his shots is worth it and his expiring contract can be offloaded at the trading deadline if necessary.

Well done Morey! [emoji3]

Last edited by cattusmaru; 11-18-2020 at 08:18 PM.

am i being too Philly to say that Harden is still coming? All reports are saying it may still happen without Simmons or Embiid leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    am i being too Philly to say that Harden is still coming? All reports are saying it may still happen without Simmons or Embiid leaving
    I hope so for Simmons. Not Embiid otherwise it will make no sense. I don't think Morey need someone who is unwilling to take 3s which is the most important aspect in spreading the floor to allow Embiid to dominate in the paint.

Agreed. Simmons only

in no way should Simmons be traded for harden. stop that.

I have mixed feeling about Simmons for Harden. I lean towards no, but Iím not 100% opposed to it.

For many years, if you asked who I would pick between Simmons and Embiid to build around and trade the other, I would pick Embiid to keep every time. Due to his rare skillets as a dominant offensive and defensive big man (Note: My vote has always been to KEEP both because I 100% think they can win together. But I had HAD to pick one it was always Embiid). Heís a better and more impactful player than Simmons in a vacuum.

But lately, Iíve been leaning towards team Simmons. I will always love Embiid but Iíve been getting a little tired of his health, fitness and attitude issues year after year. He hasnít been that springy athletic happy go lucky player in a while. He hasnít kept in good shape almost ever, and there are always excuses for that. He really checked out and was just in a bad mood all of last year. The organization maybe did him wrong by letting go of Butler, but stop being a baby about it man. Youíre supposed to be the leader of the team. Watching him lumber up and down the court full of self pity in the bubble playoffs as we got swept by Boston was really infuriating.

I donít know how many years Embiid has left at this rate and the athleticism just feels like itís disappearing before our eyes sometimes. At least Simmons is built to last and is gonna have his speed, fitness and athleticism for 10+ years. Simmons is built to play until heís like 45 lol. Heís got his flaws and weíll always be frustrated by his shot. But Iím basically over that now.

All that being said - Embiid/Harden has the potential to be outrageously dominant for at least a few years if everything worked out.

Simmons has elite attributes for a guard like supreme court vision that help teams win with skillful passing in transition but his refusal to shoot the ball in order to spread the floor is just counter productive for his side kick duo. Being able to shoot 3s from the backcourt is how most teams win games now and were not even referring to clutch shots which separate the great from the good. He doesn't even take mid range shots unless force to. If we keep Embiid to be the focal point of our team, Simmons should go for the betterment of this team. I think this is the path now that Morey in charge of building a team capable of winning a championship https://youtu.be/OfhyX9hBq5M

Steph Curry has shown the league the modern way of winning which is why we traded for his brother Seth. GM Brand did not understand this concept as he provided Embiid with more front court help while letting sharpshooters like Redick walk for nothing when he wanted to resign, even for less cause he actually love playing here.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ng-back?espv=1

Small ball has a major weakness in that it cannot beat teams in any series that can spread the floor to score in the paint at will as we saw in the playoffs with the Lakers. Houston were much better with Capela than Covington but D'Antoni wants to run small ball all game or else https://youtu.be/bX8_c0BlF-E

Teaming Harden with Embiid maybe the only way for us to not only reach the finals in the East but to beat the Lakers in the finals!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/brobibl...de/amp/?espv=1

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I have mixed feeling about Simmons for Harden. I lean towards no, but Iím not 100% opposed to it.

For many years, if you asked who I would pick between Simmons and Embiid to build around and trade the other, I would pick Embiid to keep every time. Due to his rare skillets as a dominant offensive and defensive big man (Note: My vote has always been to KEEP both because I 100% think they can win together. But I had HAD to pick one it was always Embiid). Heís a better and more impactful player than Simmons in a vacuum.

But lately, Iíve been leaning towards team Simmons. I will always love Embiid but Iíve been getting a little tired of his health, fitness and attitude issues year after year. He hasnít been that springy athletic happy go lucky player in a while. He hasnít kept in good shape almost ever, and there are always excuses for that. He really checked out and was just in a bad mood all of last year. The organization maybe did him wrong by letting go of Butler, but stop being a baby about it man. Youíre supposed to be the leader of the team. Watching him lumber up and down the court full of self pity in the bubble playoffs as we got swept by Boston was really infuriating.

I donít know how many years Embiid has left at this rate and the athleticism just feels like itís disappearing before our eyes sometimes. At least Simmons is built to last and is gonna have his speed, fitness and athleticism for 10+ years. Simmons is built to play until heís like 45 lol. Heís got his flaws and weíll always be frustrated by his shot. But Iím basically over that now.

All that being said - Embiid/Harden has the potential to be outrageously dominant for at least a few years if everything worked out.
    That has to do with coach Brown inept inability to run plays to take advantage of weaknesses which frustrates Embiid so they had to win by talents alone. Doesn't help with Horford playing alongside him when its obvious to anyone but Brown how redundant that was [emoji1751]