Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 119
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,374
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Nothing to you but just making a note, there's a reason Brown has been fired from every head coaching gig he has had, ik there's an easy rebuttal there but the guy refused to work on offense in practice for months, big ol joke.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Thereís going to be no such thing as a perfect candidate. I brought up those two in a hoping they learned mindset more than a they are good mindset.

    I think whatís going to matter most here is what do they go for. Another guy who focuses on Xís and Oís? A motivational guy? Someone who can handle egos?

    Iím not sure what is the best. We need all of that. Lol.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Thereís going to be no such thing as a perfect candidate. I brought up those two in a hoping they learned mindset more than a they are good mindset.

    I think whatís going to matter most here is what do they go for. Another guy who focuses on Xís and Oís? A motivational guy? Someone who can handle egos?

    Iím not sure what is the best. We need all of that. Lol.
    Yeah, a little bit of everything. The next guy is going to have to get the most outta Ben and Embiid and to a lesser extent Harris and Horford.

    But I mean Brand botched the cap space and MLE (Scott) so why would anyone think he'll be able to hit on hiring the right coach, unless he some how is let go or steps down.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,374
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Yeah, a little bit of everything. The next guy is going to have to get the most outta Ben and Embiid and to a lesser extent Harris and Horford.

    But I mean Brand botched the cap space and MLE (Scott) so why would anyone think he'll be able to hit on hiring the right coach, unless he some how is let go or steps down.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Hey Iím with ya. They need to clean house. I have no faith in ownership to do so though. They clearly didnít trust the process.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,204
    On one hand Brown has been given way too much rope, on the other hand while he was given a talented roster to work with, clearly it has major flaws. Gotta make changes to both and not just one or the other.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,572
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    On one hand Brown has been given way too much rope, on the other hand while he was given a talented roster to work with, clearly it has major flaws. Gotta make changes to both and not just one or the other.
    Last year there weren't as many flaws. They had more shooting with Redick and McCullough, they had a closer in Butler, and still Brown didn't get it done. Asking for more than he already had last year is basically asking for a perfect team.

    More importantly Brown didn't show he had command of the team with defined roles and accountability. Even if they somehow brought everyone back, I still wouldn't be confident it would be much better.

    But I'm in total agreement that both he and Brand need to go. The fact that every news outlet reported 3 days before the actual moratorium was over that the Sixers agreed to the worst contract last summer tells you this guy clearly has no idea what is the best mix of talent. It tells everyone they basically didn't even try to get a better fit.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,374
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Last year there weren't as many flaws. They had more shooting with Redick and McCullough, they had a closer in Butler, and still Brown didn't get it done. Asking for more than he already had last year is basically asking for a perfect team.

    More importantly Brown didn't show he had command of the team with defined roles and accountability. Even if they somehow brought everyone back, I still wouldn't be confident it would be much better.

    But I'm in total agreement that both he and Brand need to go. The fact that every news outlet reported 3 days before the actual moratorium was over that the Sixers agreed to the worst contract last summer tells you this guy clearly has no idea what is the best mix of talent. It tells everyone they basically didn't even try to get a better fit.
    Are you talking about TJ McConnell? Calling him spacing? Yikes.

    Aso for the Al thing, I remember when he opted out there were reports that someone had a $25mil offer on the table, and so many speculated it was Philly and saying how he would be a great fit. I kept arguing he's a good player but not right for us. I was kinda hoping he was the LAL choice with their cap space because I thought he would be good there.

    But like Philly sports as usual, the GM shoots themselves in the foot and wonders why fans hate the team.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,374

    Brett Brown likely done in Philly; UPDATE FIRED. Elton Brand on chopping block too


  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,897
    Sam Hinkie should've never been forced out, his ghost is haunting the floors of the 76ers front office for eternity now

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,204
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Last year there weren't as many flaws. They had more shooting with Redick and McCullough, they had a closer in Butler, and still Brown didn't get it done. Asking for more than he already had last year is basically asking for a perfect team.

    More importantly Brown didn't show he had command of the team with defined roles and accountability. Even if they somehow brought everyone back, I still wouldn't be confident it would be much better.

    But I'm in total agreement that both he and Brand need to go. The fact that every news outlet reported 3 days before the actual moratorium was over that the Sixers agreed to the worst contract last summer tells you this guy clearly has no idea what is the best mix of talent. It tells everyone they basically didn't even try to get a better fit.
    Well thats exactly my point. The only roster that you could consider a contender was last year, and it was short lived due to Butler becoming a one year rental.

    Also consider the fact they lost to a lucky bounce in game 7, I dunno if you can put that on coach brown. That was a miracle shot by leonard, and this coming from a raptors fan. Had they kept Butler and came back with the same roster this year, they would be contenders

    Point was that, you cant just fire Brown and expect this current roster to suceed under another coach. The roster is flawed and needs to be retooled. At the same token, Browns time is done too. Gotta do both retool and hire a new coaching staff imo.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-24-2020 at 05:13 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,374
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Well thats exactly my point. The only roster that you could consider a contender was last year, and it was short lived due to Butler becoming a one year rental.

    Also consider the fact they lost to a lucky bounce in game 7, I dunno if you can put that on coach brown. That was a miracle shot by leonard, and this coming from a raptors fan. Had they kept Butler and came back with the same roster this year, they would be contenders

    Point was that, you cant just fire Brown and expect this current roster to suceed under another coach. The roster is flawed and needs to be retooled. At the same token, Browns time is done too. Gotta do both retool and hire a new coaching staff imo.
    So many fans were calling for them to run it back too.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,374

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,374
    https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status...297069569?s=21

    One certain high collared burner account having GM is left off. [emoji2369]

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    5,047
    The process aka installing a losing culture is blowing up. Ahhhhhh love it

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That's a step in the right direction.

    Ps no Ty Lue, he doesn't check the boxes this team needs.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,374
    To give an idea of the type of man Brett Brown is:
    My dad passed away in the first season of the process. We started a memorial golf tournament that year. I wrote to every team in PA looking for donations for raffle items. Most teams sent like a hat and jersey or shirt. From the Sixers I have a hand written letter from Brett Brown of how honored he was to send something and be such a small part of our event, and then personally sponsored a hole.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •