Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Just so I understand:

You rather have a co-worker call you out and talk **** about you in a text to everyone you work with rather than talk to you face to face about what's bothering them. And talking face to face makes you too weak minded.

Ok.

On the topic of Brown as a coach:

I think he'll still find work in the NBA, but I think it will be back into a role like he had in San Antonio. Maybe he becomes one of the top assistants for someone, but someone will rely on him to work with players. He helped some guys develop the skillsets. His biggest issues came into setting a rotation, using those developed skillsets, and holding players accountable.

My list of replacements for Brown would be:
    Adrian Griffin - Assistant coach, Toronto Raptors
    Kenny Atkinson - Former Head Coach, Brooklyn Nets
    Mike Brown - Associate Head Coach, Golden State Warriors
    Mark Jackson - Announcer, ESPN

I think Griffin is a guy that could poised to be a great coach. Has worked with some good coaches that are both offensive and defensive minded. Was part of the staff of the 2014 FIBA USA team. He's worked with some interesting personalities in Kawhi, Lowry, Siakam.

Kenny Atkinson is a guy that seems to know how to get the most out of skillsets, and it's a place we could certainly go with our next coach, especially with the mix of skillsets currently on the team. My place of concern with him is the folding with the egos of Kyrie and KD.

Mike Brown was a good HC in his first go round, and he's learned from Kerr since then. He's had some work with interesting personalities as well. My place of concern is the Luke Walton factor, look good when with the Warriors; how does he look outside of that.

Mark Jackson is someone you trust in getting guys to show up. But my concern with him is the reports of how his time with the Golden State Warriors went down. But his time announcing should have helped with that and given him a perspective on the league.

Ultimately I think Adrian Griffin should be the pick. And I think it would be great to also nab Bobby Webster to be our President of Basketball Operations. Two guys from the same organization that likely have a similar view of the game, looking for similar players, and have worked together.

Shams reporting that while likely Brown will be done, it's also likely that Brand will be back. Ugh. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Woj confirming this morning that Brett is very likely gone. Thinks that splitting Ben-Joel is a thing unlikely to happen, and that the organizational thought is to let a new coach have time with them together.
    I agree with this approach

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

On the topic of Brown as a coach:

I think he'll still find work in the NBA, but I think it will be back into a role like he had in San Antonio. Maybe he becomes one of the top assistants for someone, but someone will rely on him to work with players. He helped some guys develop the skillsets. His biggest issues came into setting a rotation, using those developed skillsets, and holding players accountable.

My list of replacements for Brown would be:
    Adrian Griffin - Assistant coach, Toronto Raptors
    Kenny Atkinson - Former Head Coach, Brooklyn Nets
    Mike Brown - Associate Head Coach, Golden State Warriors
    Mark Jackson - Announcer, ESPN

I think Griffin is a guy that could poised to be a great coach. Has worked with some good coaches that are both offensive and defensive minded. Was part of the staff of the 2014 FIBA USA team. He's worked with some interesting personalities in Kawhi, Lowry, Siakam.

Kenny Atkinson is a guy that seems to know how to get the most out of skillsets, and it's a place we could certainly go with our next coach, especially with the mix of skillsets currently on the team. My place of concern with him is the folding with the egos of Kyrie and KD.

Mike Brown was a good HC in his first go round, and he's learned from Kerr since then. He's had some work with interesting personalities as well. My place of concern is the Luke Walton factor, look good when with the Warriors; how does he look outside of that.

Mark Jackson is someone you trust in getting guys to show up. But my concern with him is the reports of how his time with the Golden State Warriors went down. But his time announcing should have helped with that and given him a perspective on the league.

Ultimately I think Adrian Griffin should be the pick. And I think it would be great to also nab Bobby Webster to be our President of Basketball Operations. Two guys from the same organization that likely have a similar view of the game, looking for similar players, and have worked together.
    You don't want Mike Brown man.

What are your thoughts about in house candidate, Ime Udoka?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    You don't want Mike Brown man.

What are your thoughts about in house candidate, Ime Udoka?

I want complete organizational shakeup. Going with Ime Udoka would be like hiring a GM and making him keep all the previous GM's staff.....oh wait. **** we're gonna hire Ime Udoka.

I want complete organizational shakeup. Going with Ime Udoka would be like hiring a GM and making him keep all the previous GM's staff.....oh wait. **** we're gonna hire Ime Udoka.
    LOL!

Sometimes there are people already within the organization who are more deserving of a higher position. Kinda like when the Raptors canned the undeserving coach of the year (Dwane Casey) for Nick Nurse and then instantly became perennial championship contenders.

You don't want Mark Jackson. He's good at dealing with the press and building confidence to an extent, but he has to be the show and he doesn't work well with others.

I have no real opinion of Mike Brown as a head coach, he seems a good guy and the players like him, but it's pretty easy to be the Warriors assistant coach.

If Joel and Simmons are kept together then the Sixers should hire Jim Boylen and Iím being 100% serious.

It's too bad really; I think Brett Brown is a good coach and highly thought of by his peers. Nonetheless, it's his job to get the unit to mesh and obviously that hasn't been happening. Brand is the guy that screwed up this roster, bringing in Horford who's a bad fit, letting Redick and other much-needed shooters walk and paying Tobias Harris twice what he's worth. The most gruesome part is Horford and Harris have around 4 years left on their deals and are pretty much untradeable. Wouldn't surprise me to see Embiid start making some "I want out" noise this offseason.

Just so I understand:

You rather have a co-worker call you out and talk **** about you in a text to everyone you work with rather than talk to you face to face about what's bothering them. And talking face to face makes you too weak minded.

Ok.
    I prefer to ignore there stupid text then take the time to talk to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I prefer to ignore there stupid text then take the time to talk to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So cool you agree with me that it should have been a man to man conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Sometimes there are people already within the organization who are more deserving of a higher position. Kinda like when the Raptors canned the undeserving coach of the year (Dwane Casey) for Nick Nurse and then instantly became perennial championship contenders.
    I'm sure Kawhi had nothing to do with that [emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You don't want Mark Jackson. He's good at dealing with the press and building confidence to an extent, but he has to be the show and he doesn't work well with others.

I have no real opinion of Mike Brown as a head coach, he seems a good guy and the players like him, but it's pretty easy to be the Warriors assistant coach.
    Nothing to you but just making a note, there's a reason Brown has been fired from every head coaching gig he has had, ik there's an easy rebuttal there but the guy refused to work on offense in practice for months, big ol joke.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast