Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 119
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,427

    Brett Brown likely done in Philly; UPDATE FIRED. Elton Brand on chopping block too


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,201
    Yeah, the schemes haven't worked. Would be a good move to switch that up.

    Unfortunately, switching up the horrific team building moves Elton Brand made isn't so simple. I have a hard time seeing feasible paths for them to right that ship.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,884
    He should've been fired last post season when he said :


    "That was JAMES BUTLER .... the ADULT in the room"


    WTF?! Like who says such weird stuff much less a head coach?



    Get rid of him, trade Embiid because obviously he can't be the best player on your team and win. Trade him to the Warriors for the #2 pick and rebuild around Simmons. And see if you can rid of Horford's contract as well.



    Rebuild aka TRUST THE PROCESS 2.0 !!!!!


    SMDH!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,924
    Good, dude isn't a very good coach and even worse at making front office decisions.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,427
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Good, dude isn't a very good coach and even worse at making front office decisions.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Like I said, I think he was a fun process coach because there was some good in there. But I think he was too much into “here’s the system. You play in the system” rather than looking at his talent and understanding it. There was a good amount of his coaching that’s some good “stick together guys” and “let’s learn to be a professional”.

    In the long run he never learned how to shorten rotations. Never learned to adjust to his players. We let a few instant offense guys out of our grasp because he couldn’t just let them do their thing.

    Ultimately I think he wanted to be the Duncan/Admiral Spurs and that doesn’t work anymore.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,884
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Like I said, I think he was a fun process coach because there was some good in there. But I think he was too much into “here’s the system. You play in the system” rather than looking at his talent and understanding it. There was a good amount of his coaching that’s some good “stick together guys” and “let’s learn to be a professional”.

    In the long run he never learned how to shorten rotations. Never learned to adjust to his players. We let a few instant offense guys out of our grasp because he couldn’t just let them do their thing.

    Ultimately I think he wanted to be the Duncan/Admiral Spurs and that doesn’t work anymore.
    That's what happens when you come out of the Pop coaching tree. Pop is great don't get me wrong ..... but his coaching tactics are antiquated. And likewise is a guy like Ettore Messina or someone like Becky Hammon get a coaching gig, they gonna have the same issue as Pop and Brown.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,924
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    That's what happens when you come out of the Pop coaching tree. Pop is great don't get me wrong ..... but his coaching tactics are antiquated. And likewise is a guy like Ettore Messina or someone like Becky Hammon get a coaching gig, they gonna have the same issue as Pop and Brown.
    What about coach Bud who was under Pop for decades?

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,427
    There’s a lot of coaches that came up from old school tactics and adopted. Heck Pops even adopted some too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    What about coach Bud who was under Pop for decades?
    He is hard capped but you may use the TE and the TPE and trade for him

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,068
    As a Sixers fan its been very frustrating for last couple of season. Can NEVER seems to get out of the 2nd round and this year they got swept by the Celtics. Brand and Brown both should be fired!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,427
    I know we’re about to see a ton of “hit pieces” against Brown in the coming days, and Butler questioning Brown doesn’t concern me. But this thing about the text exchange from Butler gives insight into what he’s like:


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    4,823
    Oh look another thread and another running joke for one



    At what point is it considered trolling

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,119
    Sixers need to lose Brand too. Horford contract was easily one of the stupidest deals last summer.

    Could have gone after Kemba or Brogdon, but no. They insisted on continuing this idiotic sham with Simmons at PG.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,394
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    What about coach Bud who was under Pop for decades?

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Or Kerr.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Or Kerr.
    He never coached under him but true.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •