Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So was he justified in blaming his teammates?
    I'm not going to say it in that he's not in the share of any blame but....yes. And this is the first time he's called out teammates in this way and I'm glad he finally called them out. FWIW he called out everyone. Brett Brown, Elton Brand, Josh Harris, and teammates.

What's interesting is in some ways, the lack of accountability and helping each other, this is the same thing that players who have come to us from strong leaders or are with strong leaders (JJ Redick, Jimmy Butler, Al Horford, Josh Richardson) have been saying. I feel as though someone that's been a player on this team for a while and not someone that's an "outsider" finally saying it will hit home more.

And I say this because if you are a guy who's been drafted by this team, has only been around Brett's way like Ben, Joel, Furkan, Smith; it's easy to look at these guys and go "that's how you did it in [insert team]" or "that's how you did it with [insert coach]". To finally hear one of these guys say "yeah it's a problem" is a bit startling as a fan who's heard Joel and Ben say for the last three years that it's on them to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I'm not going to say it in that he's not in the share of any blame but....yes. And this is the first time he's called out teammates in this way and I'm glad he finally called them out. FWIW he called out everyone. Brett Brown, Elton Brand, Josh Harris, and teammates.

What's interesting is in some ways, the lack of accountability and helping each other, this is the same thing that players who have come to us from strong leaders or are with strong leaders (JJ Redick, Jimmy Butler, Al Horford, Josh Richardson) have been saying. I feel as though someone that's been a player on this team for a while and not someone that's an "outsider" finally saying it will hit home more.

And I say this because if you are a guy who's been drafted by this team, has only been around Brett's way like Ben, Joel, Furkan, Smith; it's easy to look at these guys and go "that's how you did it in [insert team]" or "that's how you did it with [insert coach]". To finally hear one of these guys say "yeah it's a problem" is a bit startling as a fan who's heard Joel and Ben say for the last three years that it's on them to do better.
    I just remember hearing how there was drama amongst the Raptors during their championship run last year. Nobody heard a word about it until after the season because the Raps have actual leaders on their team. Not guys who make excuses (Oh Iím sick) or publicly blame their teammates when they lose. Raps go down 0-2 to the Bucks last year and there was no drama. Just calmness. Sixers go down 0-3 and all Joel can talk about is his legacy and how he doesnít want to get swept.

Joel will never be a winner.

I just remember hearing how there was drama amongst the Raptors during their championship run last year. Nobody heard a word about it until after the season because the Raps have actual leaders on their team. Not guys who make excuses (Oh Iím sick) or publicly blame their teammates when they lose. Raps go down 0-2 to the Bucks last year and there was no drama. Just calmness. Sixers go down 0-3 and all Joel can talk about is his legacy and how he doesnít want to get swept.

So thatís a bad thing to say you donít want to get swept? I feel you keep trying to find ways to make Embiid the reason rather than have a discussion on things.

News flash: Players lie. Think now as a member of the Miami Heat he would openly say part of him wanted to be in Philly?
    News flash: Writers lie. You just want Butler to secretly love Philly so bad your now making up stupid scenarios to support your bogus thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Hammer View Post
    News flash: Writers lie. You just want Butler to secretly love Philly so bad your now making up stupid scenarios to support your bogus thinking.
    Huh? Who said I want that?

So thatís a bad thing to say you donít want to get swept? I feel you keep trying to find ways to make Embiid the reason rather than have a discussion on things.
    Yes it is because he talked about how HE didnít want to get swept. Not the team. Heís the one whoís supposed to be leading his team and heís only focused on himself in tough times. Attitudes like that canít exist on championship teams unless youíre a generational talent and Joel isnít that. Joel is just a good basketball player who cares more about being a celebrity than actually winning a championship.

Yes it is because he talked about how HE didnít want to get swept. Not the team. Heís the one whoís supposed to be leading his team and heís only focused on himself in tough times. Attitudes like that canít exist on championship teams unless youíre a generational talent and Joel isnít that. Joel is just a good basketball player who cares more about being a celebrity than actually winning a championship.
    Uhhh. Thereís quite a few player who have talked like that and won.

Uhhh. Thereís quite a few player who have talked like that and won.
    Notice the part where I said generational talent and then pointed out how Joel isnít that.

I guess this depends on were he goes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Hammer View Post
    You think it was a fargone conclusuon that Butler was going to bolt on the sixers. It wasnt. We know Butler and Embiid got along and played well together. The rumours were always about tension with simmons or brown. In any case were just talking about some of the what ifs, and some of the mistakes that resulted in the 76ers underperoforming this year. Losing Butler had alot to do with that. Having a closer is so important. But thats only one of the things were talking about here. It wasnt just losing butler that lead to this.we get that.

Notice the part where I said generational talent and then pointed out how Joel isnít that.
    With the right team, why not ?

So was he justified in blaming his teammates?
    are they not making max and doing ****? yes... yes he was.

I dunno if you can come to that conclusion from the simple statement "I didnt wanna get swept"

Even Jordan and Lebron needed the right team around them to win

no he isnt lebron/MJ etc... hell i wouldnt even have AD etc as generational talents... As an example he is still better than every raptor on the raptors team by a ton... You just have a "team"

when he goes elsewhere with a legit coach/players its a wrap. Again it took the perfect movie like bounce for your team to finally beat us remember? I guess that shot was all talent and skill by KL?

I just dont think centers are that impactfull in todays game tbh.. Embiid and Jokic are stuck in the wrong era.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast