Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 83
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,388
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    As more and more is being written even just hour after losing, gut feeling is that the Sixers are going to build around Simmons and not Embiid.
    What team do you see giving up a suitable package for Embiid? I just don't see most teams preferring to go with a post up dominant player as their preferred path over a high level established guy (so no-go on a deal like Beal for Embiid). I'm sure someone would give up a bunch of draft picks for him, but is that really worth it for Philly?


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    What team do you see giving up a suitable package for Embiid? I just don't see most teams preferring to go with a post up dominant player as their preferred path over a high level established guy (so no-go on a deal like Beal for Embiid). I'm sure someone would give up a bunch of draft picks for him, but is that really worth it for Philly?
    BUCKS... Him playing next to Giannis will mean "terror in the paint" and additionally both can shoot the 3 well... It needs 3 good guards behind them all with good shooting, playmaking & passing abilities, with one of them of good size (call me Middleton) and there will be a dynasty which will last more than ever before in the NBA given their age.

    It's actually what the Sixers should be doing because on Simmons, they had the player who resembles Giannis game more than any other in the NBA... They should play Simmons at 4 and Embiid at 5 and sourround them with 3 playmakers/shooters/ballhandlers out of which one should be of good size (6,7/8") to take SF, instead of adding guys like Harris and Horford who's role is already "covered" by Embiid and Simmons.

    EDIT: All that said, Butler was the perfect piece they should have done everything to keep, but immediately after adding him, they should have moved Siimmons at 4 and add a starting PG too... Reddick they should never let go either.
    Last edited by mouseslept; 08-23-2020 at 11:58 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Killadelphia
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Read some of the stories out there right now. I linked some of them elsewhere. But there was friction with Brett and Simmons.
    Who needs your links and whatever garbage you read when anyone can go right to youtube and watch the podcast and listen to Butler tell the situation right out his own mouth.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,342
    both... need a new coach and a new system and a new GM. Somehow someway do whatever to get out from horford and get back some shooters even if it costs thyb or other

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,342
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    BUCKS... Him playing next to Giannis will mean "terror in the paint" and additionally both can shoot the 3 well... It needs 3 good guards behind them all with good shooting, playmaking & passing abilities, with one of them of good size (call me Middleton) and there will be a dynasty which will last more than ever before in the NBA given their age.

    It's actually what the Sixers should be doing because on Simmons, they had the player who resembles Giannis game more than any other in the NBA... They should play Simmons at 4 and Embiid at 5 and sourround them with 3 playmakers/shooters/ballhandlers out of which one should be of good size (6,7/8") to take SF, instead of adding guys like Harris and Horford who's role is already "covered" by Embiid and Simmons.

    EDIT: All that said, Butler was the perfect piece they should have done everything to keep, but immediately after adding him, they should have moved Siimmons at 4 and add a starting PG too... Reddick they should never let go either.
    i sadly agree with all of this

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,342
    yea butler basically loves and embiid and had no issues with simmons... His issues were fully with brett brown

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,512
    Do you guys still like Tobias Harris over Demar Derozen?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,512
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    What team do you see giving up a suitable package for Embiid? I just don't see most teams preferring to go with a post up dominant player as their preferred path over a high level established guy (so no-go on a deal like Beal for Embiid). I'm sure someone would give up a bunch of draft picks for him, but is that really worth it for Philly?
    I would not trade Embiid for Bradley Beal. Embiid is much more more valuable and more impactful

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I would not trade Embiid for Bradley Beal. Embiid is much more more valuable and more impactful
    You would, the Sixers would, it's the Wizards that won't...

    Who told you that the Wizards are willing to part with Beal? They don't!

    EDIT: Who told you that Embiid would go to the Wizards? Make no mistake here, Embiid will have his agent making clear that he will have to approve on his destination, it's a contending for the title team he will join.
    Last edited by mouseslept; 08-24-2020 at 01:47 AM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Hammer View Post
    Who needs your links and whatever garbage you read when anyone can go right to youtube and watch the podcast and listen to Butler tell the situation right out his own mouth.
    News flash: Players lie. Think now as a member of the Miami Heat he would openly say part of him wanted to be in Philly?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,537
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yea butler basically loves and embiid and had no issues with simmons... His issues were fully with brett brown
    There was some issues with Simmons. Thereís the report of a team text chain where Butler called out Simmons defense and told him to play differently.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,537
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    What team do you see giving up a suitable package for Embiid? I just don't see most teams preferring to go with a post up dominant player as their preferred path over a high level established guy (so no-go on a deal like Beal for Embiid). I'm sure someone would give up a bunch of draft picks for him, but is that really worth it for Philly?
    There would be quite a few. Calling Embiid a ďpost up dominant playerĒ doesnít really do justice to what he is. If a team were willing to get a PG that can run the PnR and put some shooters with that itís going to be a good team.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,117
    So last year Joelís bad playoff games were because he was feeling sick and this year the losses are because of his teammates.

    The Sixers would be smart to trade Joel for a massive haul before the rest of the league realizes that Joel is a big baby.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,537
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    and this year the losses are because of his teammates.
    Out of curiosity, what more could he have done?

    Harris - 23/60 - 2/15 3pt
    Richardson - 20/56 - 10/28 3pt
    Horford - 12/25 - 0/4 3pt

    I mean Embiid's production matched what Harris and Richardson did....combined.

    We're not the Philadelphia Embiid's. We're the Philadelphia 76ers. There's only so much one player can do.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,117
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Out of curiosity, what more could he have done?

    Harris - 23/60 - 2/15 3pt
    Richardson - 20/56 - 10/28 3pt
    Horford - 12/25 - 0/4 3pt

    I mean Embiid's production matched what Harris and Richardson did....combined.

    We're not the Philadelphia Embiid's. We're the Philadelphia 76ers. There's only so much one player can do.
    So was he justified in blaming his teammates?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •