Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    - Hinkie gets fired and cant see process through
    - Colangelo gets booked with a burner account gets fired
    - Over paying Harris
    - Giving up assets to get Butler, and then losing him for nothing even though he was the piece they needed
    - lost Reddick for nothing
    - Over paying Horford even though they have Embiid and Harris front court
    - building corner stones (Simmons&Embiid) dont compliment eachother well.
    - Staying stagnate with Coach Brown

The good news is:

- You can replace Brown
    - You have assets for a quick and swift rebuild
    - You have option: i.e Keep Simmons move Embiid, or keep Embiid and move Simmons, or Keep both and try to move Horford &Harris for a better supporting cast etc etc.

It could be alot worse for the 76ers who had a string of bad luck and FO changes in the middle of a crucial rebuild. They have alot of ways to improve quickly.
    I wouldn't say Josh Richardson is nothing lol his value can be debated but this isn't Korver being traded for a copy machine situation.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I wouldn't say Josh Richardson is nothing lol his value can be debated but this isn't Korver being traded for a copy machine situation.

There's definitely trade value here. But I remember getting in a discussion with a Heat fan about RoCo vs JRich......now that I've experienced both, give me RoCo 7 days a week.

Neither of them are good enough to build around for how they play. We know Simmons' issue - shooting. Doris just called out Embiid's on the broadcast. He dominates in the post on 1-on-1 situations, but is below a point per possession vs the double. Embiid is going to get doubled in the post so if you run through him there that's the situation you'll be in. He's too slow to read it and make the right play out of that.

I think the Sixers have to make a call of if they prefer to build around Simmons' lack of shooting the way MIL does with MIL or if they want to bank on Embiid getting better playing against doubles. Make a call and shape the roster accordingly.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There's definitely trade value here. But I remember getting in a discussion with a Heat fan about RoCo vs JRich......now that I've experienced both, give me RoCo 7 days a week.
    He's just not a fit in Philly. Whether it's Simmons handling and everyone spacing the floor or Embiid going to work in the post and kicking out to shooters off the double. Either way, JRich isn't the shooter for it. He belongs in a ball/player movement offense, not what Philly does. And unfortunately now that he's near the end of his modest extension and stands to be overpaid in free agency next year, trade value is limited.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I thought the harris contract once signed was one of the top ten worst contracts in the NBA. I thought the same thing about the horford contract. What makes them even worse is that you are paying them at an all star level and then playing them out of position.

I think if you want to win a championship you have to trade simmons, but if you want to just be pretty good for the next ten years you trade embiid. the real question on who you trade though is who can even get for each.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I thought the harris contract once signed was one of the top ten worst contracts in the NBA. I thought the same thing about the horford contract. What makes them even worse is that you are paying them at an all star level and then playing them out of position.

I think if you want to win a championship you have to trade simmons, but if you want to just be pretty good for the next ten years you trade embiid. the real question on who you trade though is who can even get for each.
    This is my problem with it. You could do with overpaying one of them. Heck you could over pay both. But you can't overpay and then play out of position. I mean right at this moment Horford is beasting by playing the 5. I've seen enough of both at their natural positions to know they can both still play.

Yea you can. We were going to eventually be a tax team either way. Plus he's one of the lowest paid coaches in the NBA at $2mil/year.
    Still doesn't mean the owner wasn't part of the decision, and it's possible it wasn't just the coach who had issue with Butler. Not saying you are wrong, just that we don't know. Just like we don't know if the owner got rid of Hinkie because he wanted to or because the NBA wanted him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Still doesn't mean the owner wasn't part of the decision, and it's possible it wasn't just the coach who had issue with Butler. Not saying you are wrong, just that we don't know. Just like we don't know if the owner got rid of Hinkie because he wanted to or because the NBA wanted him to.
    He was pressured into taking on Jerry Colangelo. Colangelo Sr went over Hinkies head on some decisions at that trade deadline. Then told him he could stay as GM but lose Pres of BBall operations title to someone else (likely his son) who would have say in all decisions. So Hinkie would have been GM in title only but really more like head of analytics.

Also Hinkie wasnít tired. He resigned.

Also Hinkie wasnít tired. He resigned.
    Really eh? What was the reason

Really eh? What was the reason
    See the above. Basically he wasnít going to be the decision maker but would be called the GM. Basically a demotion.

Maybe a washing machine + Dryer lol

Its a star driven league. The 6ers were a far better team with Butler. Replacing him with Richarson moved the needle back a couple notches. Its good they came away with something, and your right hes a decent player, but losing Butler was a big deal.

Maybe a washing machine + Dryer lol

Its a star driven league. The 6ers were a far better team with Butler. Replacing him with Richarson moved the needle back a couple notches. Its good they came away with something, and your right hes a decent player, but losing Butler was a big deal.
    Butler is a hard guy to please and probably never intended to stay in Philly.

See the above. Basically he wasnít going to be the decision maker but would be called the GM. Basically a demotion.
    Toronto did the same thing with Colangelo. Its like a nice way of being fired lol only you can stay in a lessor role until you find something else

Butler is a hard guy to please and probably never intended to stay in Philly.

No. I think that he would have stayed if we built a team around him and Embiid. Thereís a piece that came out today that basically said the team picked Brown and cap space over firing Brown and likely trading Simmons.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast