Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I'm also considering loading Couts up with guys more similar to the years in the playoffs he's produced with and chasing barzal with him.

49-28-93
    25-13-11
    21-14-18
    12-44-62
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

I actually didn't think they played that bad after the 1st despite the score. Problem is Islanders capitalize on any little mistake and we don't. Couple mistakes in the 3rd and it makes the game look like a blowout. We can't seem to take advantage. We need some shoot first guys, too much unnecessary passing. That 20 million dollar line needs to be broken up, they can't score and it seems like they're always on the ice for goals against. I hate to say it but we almost need Couts to be that shut down C again and stop worrying about offense all together. I would hope he would go with JVR and Frost from here on out. At least JVR will go to the front of the net and actually have a chance to deflect something. The majority of the guys just skate right by. Frustrating start to the series.

Not playoff related, but Pittsburgh just traded for Kapanen.

game.
    day.

3pm.
    front end of a back to back.

Havenít posted in a while, go flyers obviously

Couts is hurt and playing through something. Since game 3 of Habs series he is visibly not himself ... he never cheats, itís his best quality, and he gets caught cheating often right now ... and I think itís to account for his speed, which looks noticeably slower.

not looking good; winning 1-0.

I said it before Hayes is now our best offensive player. I don't get Laughton and Ghost being out against the speed of the Islanders. I don't mind Pitlick cause he is fast but Thompson and Grant are essentially the same player. Good thing I'm not the coach, lol. Keep er rolling boys!!

I said it before Hayes is now our best offensive player. I don't get Laughton and Ghost being out against the speed of the Islanders. I don't mind Pitlick cause he is fast but Thompson and Grant are essentially the same player. Good thing I'm not the coach, lol. Keep er rolling boys!!
    laughton just made two of the worst turnovers imaginable a few games ago, and he still looked pretty shaky in game 1 (who didn't...)

ghost...just doesn't get the benefit of the doubt right now, probably because he hasn't been in the lineup much under AV.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Havenít posted in a while, go flyers obviously

Couts is hurt and playing through something. Since game 3 of Habs series he is visibly not himself ... he never cheats, itís his best quality, and he gets caught cheating often right now ... and I think itís to account for his speed, which looks noticeably slower.
    Looked great on that rush tho!

Ghost is likely a Kracken (sp) next year, him and Voracek should be exposed.

what i'd say about thompson is that he's doing a piss poor job of covering the front of the net when both defensemen are behind the goal line.

many of the grade A chances that MTL and NYI are getting against us have been created from that circumstance; traffic behind the net, then a quick feed into the slot.

That was a beauty by Couts, long overdue. Gotta keep the foot on the gas, can't sit back against them or they'll grab the momentum right back.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    what i'd say about thompson is that he's doing a piss poor job of covering the front of the net when both defensemen are behind the goal line.

many of the grade A chances that MTL and NYI are getting against us have been created from that circumstance; traffic behind the net, then a quick feed into the slot.
    He is bad.

Iíd love to see Patrick as our 3C in this game, and Frost on the wing ... just going to have to wait a bit longer tho

Voracek, terrible penalty.

Nisky, terrible positioning.

Our power play, impotent.

would you guys have done trocheck for patrick?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast