Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

IGT: Round 2 "Flyers vs Islander's"

Can't play against the Islanders the way they did against the Habs or it's going to be a short series.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Can't play against the Islanders the way they did against the Habs or it's going to be a short series.
    I may be in the minority here, but I think the Habs were more dangerous than the Islanders are. I'm not saying the Islanders can't beat us, but I am saying they have a team with better potential in my opinion. I think the only way the Isles are better is in defense.

Think Price is a better goalie than Varlamov.

Think Price is a better goalie than Varlamov.
    this was not a good series for price. the flyers didn't make him pay as much as they could have, but price turned the puck over a lot, and he was completely out of position on at least 3 chances the flyers didn't convert (couturier and thompson both pushed attempts wide when they had an empty net, and i think there was another shot in game 5 or 6 that had to be saved by a sprawling defenseman in the paint because price was down and out).

I may be in the minority here, but I think the Habs were more dangerous than the Islanders are. I'm not saying the Islanders can't beat us, but I am saying they have a team with better potential in my opinion. I think the only way the Isles are better is in defense.
    the flyers won't win this series if giroux, couturier and konecny get blanked again. the fact that they didn't score against MTL made the series feel a lot tougher than it should have been.

game.
    day.

7pm.
    islanders in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    game.
    day.

7pm.
    islanders in 6.
    game. day. 7pm
    flyers in 6 if they can play their style and get back to being a solid possession team.

game on.
    ghost in.
    let's ****ing go.

10 minutes in were down 1 - 0. We look slow compared to Islander's. Braun should be replaced by Hagg. Thompson should be replaced by Frost (need the speed).

This looks like boys against men, completely outmatched and dominated so far. If it wasn't for Hart it'd be about 6-0. And a big yes to Frost.

Where the heck did that team come from, much, much, much better. Best period I've seen in a long time, play like that in the 3rd and there won't be a 0 on the board. I still think Thompson, Grant and Pitlick are useless though lol.

G is such a fake superstar... Him and Kon can ride a different line if they are gonna take the playoffs off

At this point they need to at least score a goal. Hopefully they come out game 2 and play like the 2nd period.

Post game crew saying coach is saying he needs more from his top guys without actually saying it but we all know the truth per them... we watched the game and these playoffs per them and our scorers are hesitant and nonexistent at this point and its hanging the defense and goalie out to dry

No more excuses.... we let **** slide in the past for our top guys in G and hell even Couts and in these playoffs now that we have the talent and the team both guys have vanished completely. If we got even a little bit of offense from them so many things would be better. How many times must we watch G with an angle just refuse to shoot in these playoffs... shoot the ****ing puck... couts had 0 shots and G had 2....

Giroux hasn't scored yet, but at least he's made a noticeable positive impact. It's not the same impact. He was able to make when he was 22, but he's not that guy anymore.

Couts however... A guy I've defended and praised for years has essentially been unable to produce at all. We can't point to matchups or zone start, since Thompson is picking up quite a few of those minutes. We can't point to quality of linemates either. He's been with the best this team has to offer. He's got to figure it out.

If I'm coaching this team, the 2nd and 3rd periods looked very promising to me. I wouldn't likely make any major changes, but I'd take one of Grant or Thompson out of the lineup for JVR this next game, while getting Hagg back in for Braun.

25-14-11
    21-28-93
    49-13-62/18
    12-44-18/62

I'd be taking a hard look at Frost as well.

9-15
    6-5
    8-53
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast