Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 271
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Newark, DE
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i honestly don't think they are that great. If they were, they would be beating us 4-1 every game. We are playing like absolute crap and they still can't find a way to score more. Both of these teams are going to get creamed by tampa lol. We have a MUCH better future than isles or montreal too btw.

    Isles don't have patrick, lindblom, frost coming in next year. Thats potentially a whole 2nd ilne right there.
    Any updates on Patrick?

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i honestly don't think they are that great. If they were, they would be beating us 4-1 every game. We are playing like absolute crap and they still can't find a way to score more. Both of these teams are going to get creamed by tampa lol. We have a MUCH better future than isles or montreal too btw.

    Isles don't have patrick, lindblom, frost coming in next year. Thats potentially a whole 2nd ilne right there.
    They have Bellows, Wahlstrom, Dobson, and Sorokin ... ho-sang, Wilde, and Jordan schmaltz ...

    Their farm system is stacked, and they have a superstar in Barzal ...

    We canít generate offense because of their speed and forecheck ... they are scary now and the future.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i honestly don't think they are that great. If they were, they would be beating us 4-1 every game. We are playing like absolute crap and they still can't find a way to score more. Both of these teams are going to get creamed by tampa lol. We have a MUCH better future than isles or montreal too btw.

    Isles don't have patrick, lindblom, frost coming in next year. Thats potentially a whole 2nd ilne right there.
    I think people underestimate how big of a loss Lindblom was for us. He was a very responsible two way player with a scoring touch and great possession numbers. Not having Patrick this season was also a blow whether you like him or not, because you lose a guy you had slotted as your #2 or #3 center and end up overplaying Laughton. Yes, Laughton played 'ok' but I think what we have seen of him this series, is more of what we should expect from him.

    Our young D players made some costly mistakes this series and found out in the playoffs you pay. It's a great learning experience. Come next year, the bar raises for guys like Provy and Hart. The expectation of more consistency will be there and they should be able to meet that expectation.

    That said, we're not out of this yet...we could be that team that comes back from 3-1 because....well...why not? It's a weird season anyways. In my opinion, no team was hurt more by the stoppage than the Flyers. They were absolutely flying before COVID stopped it.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,854
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    They have Bellows, Wahlstrom, Dobson, and Sorokin ... ho-sang, Wilde, and Jordan schmaltz ...

    Their farm system is stacked, and they have a superstar in Barzal ...

    We canít generate offense because of their speed and forecheck ... they are scary now and the future.
    ho sang sucks or just doesn't work for the isles, schmaltz sucks, frost=whalstrom, zamula/york>dobson, patrick>bellows, hart>sorokin as of now

    we are just as scary in the future. we still have brink, cates, lascynzki, ratcliffe that can make contribtions to the bottom 6. Why are you acting like we are absolutely screwed lol. Barzal is absolutely amazing but our team is much better if we can get that 2nd line back. Oh and a healthy ghost can change everything as well.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,854
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I think people underestimate how big of a loss Lindblom was for us. He was a very responsible two way player with a scoring touch and great possession numbers. Not having Patrick this season was also a blow whether you like him or not, because you lose a guy you had slotted as your #2 or #3 center and end up overplaying Laughton. Yes, Laughton played 'ok' but I think what we have seen of him this series, is more of what we should expect from him.

    Our young D players made some costly mistakes this series and found out in the playoffs you pay. It's a great learning experience. Come next year, the bar raises for guys like Provy and Hart. The expectation of more consistency will be there and they should be able to meet that expectation.

    That said, we're not out of this yet...we could be that team that comes back from 3-1 because....well...why not? It's a weird season anyways. In my opinion, no team was hurt more by the stoppage than the Flyers. They were absolutely flying before COVID stopped it.
    linbldom and patrick are what we needed in this seris. Lindblom just does everything'; he wins battles, he can play anywhere, and he compliments any line. Patrick is a huge loss as well because he would've been great to matchup with barzal. Laughton is what he is. A great 4th line player that can play in the 3rd line when called upon. He looks great right now because he is a huge upgrade on grant (which is not saying much lol). I think we are set for the future. Provorov and tk have been the biggest disappointments for me. Those two did not take a step forward in these playofffs but they are our future, along with couts

    ya i think we only have a shot if we win tomorrow and lindblom comes back for game 6. only shot tbh
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 08-31-2020 at 11:37 PM.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    114,458
    all the shows today are wondering where the flyers go... they also think the coach is a major issue which is disagree with but whatever... they think our coach was arrogant and never changed our ways to adjust... they also went in on G and this team having no real leadership and us being in good hands with fara/lind/konec/hart/prov but we need a superstar who has all the tools that the guy on the islanders has that is skating circles around us etc... they also went on to ask when is the time to get what you can for G considering the league would over pay for him on name value alone and just focus on adding a legit young talented guy to go along with the core above. It was also said right now is where the flyers could use that danny briere type player... a guy who doesnt need to light it up in the regular season but flat out turns it on and carries in the post season.

    They think we have severely overrated G and Couts which i also disagree with... I think G has hit the age wall and couts will bounce back. The insane thing is they stated this is such a weird thing for the flyers because they usually hit and out score but now they are playing defense and their goal tending is great and they have no scoring ability.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 09-01-2020 at 02:46 AM.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,722
    Glad to see covid hasn't crushed the over reactionary fan base.

    So many things I want to touch on and just don't have time to this morning. I'll get to what I can quickly.

    Defense:

    Niskanen has been outright bad in the bubble. This has hurt more than any other dman.

    Braun is a 3rd pairing dman, who's playing like one.

    Sanheim has made a few costly turnovers, but all dmen will turn the puck over. His have just ended up in the back of the net.

    Myers has clearly taken a step in development as a player. This is exciting.

    Provy is Provy. He was able to carry niskanen through montreal, but has come back down to human level in this series. Barzals gonna do that to you.

    Hagg is still Hagg.

    Forwards:

    TK has been a huge disappointment. Uncharacteristic decisions with the puck. Failing to stay on the right side of the discipline line. This kid looks like he's squeezing the stick.

    Hayes is still the same guy who tries to do more than he should at times. Overall an ok 2c still

    Farabee looks lost at times defensively. Both in zone and neutral zone. I'll be nice to the 20 year old though. He's a key part of this teams future.

    Couts has been Couts. Just hasn't been able to produce. That's hurt alot.

    Giroux has had flashes of brilliance. Once again though the production hasn't come.

    Jake was this teams best forward at times. Overall a solid bubble run so far.

    Laughton. Up and down the whole time. Lots of hate for leaving the zone early on occasion. One of those goal, he should have had the puck sent to his stick but the defender hesitated and then turned it over. All in all he is who we though he is.

    Aube-kubel is a awesome at basically everything. He still has zero hands and basically doesn't know how to use his stick. That's annoying.

    The rest? They're 4th liners or 13th forwards. If the top guys aren't going to be better than the opponents top guys the bottom 6 can't be full of 4th liners. Hopefully the return of Oskar and the insertion of Frost will help next season.

    Changes should be made this off-season. But no. Attaching a 1st to anyone to get rid them is NOT the answer
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    114,458
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Glad to see covid hasn't crushed the over reactionary fan base.

    So many things I want to touch on and just don't have time to this morning. I'll get to what I can quickly.

    Defense:

    Niskanen has been outright bad in the bubble. This has hurt more than any other dman.

    Braun is a 3rd pairing dman, who's playing like one.

    Sanheim has made a few costly turnovers, but all dmen will turn the puck over. His have just ended up in the back of the net.

    Myers has clearly taken a step in development as a player. This is exciting.

    Provy is Provy. He was able to carry niskanen through montreal, but has come back down to human level in this series. Barzals gonna do that to you.

    Hagg is still Hagg.

    Forwards:

    TK has been a huge disappointment. Uncharacteristic decisions with the puck. Failing to stay on the right side of the discipline line. This kid looks like he's squeezing the stick.

    Hayes is still the same guy who tries to do more than he should at times. Overall an ok 2c still

    Farabee looks lost at times defensively. Both in zone and neutral zone. I'll be nice to the 20 year old though. He's a key part of this teams future.

    Couts has been Couts. Just hasn't been able to produce. That's hurt alot.

    Giroux has had flashes of brilliance. Once again though the production hasn't come.

    Jake was this teams best forward at times. Overall a solid bubble run so far.

    Laughton. Up and down the whole time. Lots of hate for leaving the zone early on occasion. One of those goal, he should have had the puck sent to his stick but the defender hesitated and then turned it over. All in all he is who we though he is.

    Aube-kubel is a awesome at basically everything. He still has zero hands and basically doesn't know how to use his stick. That's annoying.

    The rest? They're 4th liners or 13th forwards. If the top guys aren't going to be better than the opponents top guys the bottom 6 can't be full of 4th liners. Hopefully the return of Oskar and the insertion of Frost will help next season.

    Changes should be made this off-season. But no. Attaching a 1st to anyone to get rid them is NOT the answer
    this is the **** i mean with this fan base... WHERE THE **** HAS HE HAD FLASHES OF BRILLIANCE... You have everyone including the media say he looks ****ing 40 but yo................................. flashes lmfao...

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Newark, DE
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Changes should be made this off-season. But no. Attaching a 1st to anyone to get rid them is NOT the answer
    Never said it was the answer. But that's definitely the going rate for getting rid of 7-8 million dollars of cap space.

    And as far as Giroux, fun fact...his son turned 1 a few days ago. We gonna pretend outside influences aren't going to impact his play?

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,854
    just so people know how bad niskanen and braun have been:

    in 13 games BOTH OF THEM have not had a single entry pass+carry-in all play-off

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,673
    6 - 1 Islanders.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    4-0 flyers...hart with 42 saves

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    4-0 flyers...hart with 42 saves
    By the way, that would excite me even if we get knocked out in game 6. The way Hart has played has been so relieving (for a 22 year old). We have a goalie. I told my dad, it's nice to be on the side where other teams are saying, "man we have to deal with him in our division for the next 10 years?!?!" We have had to say that about Fleury (although we owned him a lot), Brodeur, Henrik, etc. Now it's our turn.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,142
    So how do we get both Laine and Gaudreau in orange and black next year, lol? I hate to be even thinking about that but being down 3-1 in the bubble feels like no chance. I get a feeling that (some) people just want to get home and see their families if they think they have no chance. We play with no urgency until we're down and when we do play with urgency we make turnovers, it's a vicious cycle. I never saw a lineup yet but I think Lindblom will get the nod to try for an emotional boost. It's frustrating that Ghost might be our 3rd best D and doesn't get to play. I honestly feel bad for him. Thompson is a plug but he wins faceoffs, so he plays over Raffl? We need to try to generate offense somehow someway. Hopefully boys can extend the season.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,854
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    By the way, that would excite me even if we get knocked out in game 6. The way Hart has played has been so relieving (for a 22 year old). We have a goalie. I told my dad, it's nice to be on the side where other teams are saying, "man we have to deal with him in our division for the next 10 years?!?!" We have had to say that about Fleury (although we owned him a lot), Brodeur, Henrik, etc. Now it's our turn.
    It is nice but we also have to say that about almost every other metro rival lol. Sorokin, samsonov, hart, shesterkin, korpisalo/merzlinkin. Pens still have jarry/murray. Those are insane goalies lol

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •