Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    i think it was 1973 when the mets won 82 games to win the divsion. they then made the world series and were actually up 3 games to 2 against the A's. but i really wished they hadnt. my memory of that series was how foolish Willie Mays, one of the Greatest Centerfielders the game has known, looked in the outrield there. it was Pathetic

The World Series is supposed to be the best against the best in a showcase. instead when you dilute the product you end up with a Sham. many other sports trade excellence for $$$ and Parity. lets hope this year is an aberation and not a sign of things to come
    Pretty sure Manfred said that the new post season format is likely to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Pretty sure Manfred said that the new post season format is likely to stay.
    It makes too much sense form dollars standpoint

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    i think it was 1973 when the mets won 82 games to win the divsion. they then made the world series and were actually up 3 games to 2 against the A's. but i really wished they hadnt. my memory of that series was how foolish Willie Mays, one of the Greatest Centerfielders the game has known, looked in the outrield there. it was Pathetic

The World Series is supposed to be the best against the best in a showcase. instead when you dilute the product you end up with a Sham. many other sports trade excellence for $$$ and Parity. lets hope this year is an aberation and not a sign of things to come
    More recently in 2006, the Cardinals finished 1st in the NL central at 83-78 and won the world series.

The runner on 2nd in extras can go away as well. Id rather have a tie after 13 innings than that. Or just go back to unlimited extras as far as Im concerned

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    The runner on 2nd in extras can go away as well. Id rather have a tie after 13 innings than that. Or just go back to unlimited extras as far as Im concerned
    I agree, I'm not a fan of the runner on second, but I see why it makes sense for this season.

I dislike as well. And the 7 inning double headers.

I don't mind it from a TV or player standpoint. It's like a SO in hockey, not the way you want to see it end, but helps speed up the end in an exciting way. It also helps to not decimate bullpens, which helps keeps pitchers pitching into the season and not hit the DL or worse require TJ surgery

I also enjoy the 7 inning double headers for the same reasons as above.

f' it.....carry 3 catchers for the WC series and for the games that Jansen catches insert Krik as the DH.

6 more games left in the season...all the Jays have to do is win at least 3 or 4 games out of that 6 and they for sure clinch

Magic number is 2.

Magic number is 2.
    magic mike's countdown.

And there it is.

And there it is.
    I believe you called it Mike.

It looks like Montoyo is throwing out a more consistent order as of late. I can only imagine when Tellez comes back he'll be replacing Grich in the 4 spot?

2B Biggio
    SS Bichette
    RF Teoscar
    1B Tellez
    DH Vladdy Jr
    LF Gurriel
    CF Grich
    3B Villar
    C Jansen/Kirk
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I believe you called it Mike.
    Doesnt really matter. Were all here for the same reason. Very excited.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast