Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I think the Yankees are pretty tired of Gary Sanchez' inconsistency. I wonder if there would be any interest on their end in acquiring Contreras, especially for a package around Frazier, or Urshela, or maybe even re-acquiring Torres (although I doubt they'd do that)
    Well you can almost certainly bet that the Yankees probably have no interest in trading either Torres or Urshela at the moment. Catcher for premier SS? Nope. Urshela to replace him with Andujar who has been injured and absolutely terrible since his rookie season? Nope.

Frazier, on the other hand, probably would be on the table, but he doesn't make sense for the Cubs. He's putting up unsustainable numbers right now in a small sample size, like Happ. Career wise Frazier is the exact same type of hitter the Cubs have an entire lineup of in that he strikes out at an above average rate and teeters around an average walk rate.

Caratini has a .415 BABIP right now. That's over 100 points higher than his career best and he's only managing a 117 wRC+ with that luck. Do you really want to make him your every day catcher because you have a guy in high A ball thats probably 2 years away from getting a call?

IMO, it's pretty clearly between Bryant and Baez and probably both. Is Bryant going to sign? Is it worth signing him because of all the nagging injuries he's had preventing him from being the player he was marketed as? And for Baez, is he actually as good as the hype? His ZiPS projection is a pathetic 93 wRC+ because he has the plate discipline of an 8 year old in little league swinging at every pitch. When Baez becomes a FA, there's a guy everyone knows in Cleveland that will be a FA too because the Indians wont/cant pay up. Are you taking Baez over a legitimate perennial MVP candidate in Lindor?

I dont see either of them being traded in the next 7 days, though. The Braves just called up Pache and Inciarte is having a terrible start to the year so it might be a good time to buy low on Inciarte. The Braves lost Soroka for the season so they would probably be more than a little interested in Quintana. Is Quintana for Minter + Inciarte too much to ask?
    Last edited by cuzi; 08-24-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Already some Twitter chatter and we are practically at the half way point so why not.

https://twitter.com/MLBastian/status...081670144?s=19

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...990193667?s=19

https://twitter.com/MikePilbean/stat...703306762?s=19

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk

We really should not care about regular season awards IMO

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    We really should not care about regular season awards IMO
    No, but itíll cost the Ricketts an extra $2 million if Yu wins it. Thatís enough reason to root for it.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    No, but itíll cost the Ricketts an extra $2 million if Yu wins it. Thatís enough reason to root for it.
    Lol OK I'm wit it

The Cubs do not view Brailyn Marquez and Burl Carraway as realistic options to help the major-league team this season. Marquez is 21 years old and has never pitched above the A-ball level. Carraway is 21 years old and threw 51 1/3 innings across three seasons at Dallas Baptist University before getting drafted two months ago. The Cubs have been patient with those talented lefties at the South Bend training site, focusing on player development and their long-term growth as pitchers instead of letting them loose.
    Via Patrick Mooney of The Athletic

Yeah, I dont see how two lefties who throw 100 mph could realistically help the Cubs bullpen currently deploying Dan Winkler, Duane Underwood Jr and Colin Rea.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Iíll have the Tigers IGT up in a few

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah, I dont see how two lefties who throw 100 mph could realistically help the Cubs bullpen currently deploying Dan Winkler, Duane Underwood Jr and Colin Rea.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Right?

So ****ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Right?

So ****ing stupid.
    Really dont have a problem with the Cubs developing their most promising pitching prospects that are only 21 years old and throw the ball as hard as many other players that have blown out their arms trying to maintain that velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    Really dont have a problem with the Cubs developing their most promising pitching prospects that are only 21 years old and throw the ball as hard as many other players that have blown out their arms trying to maintain that velocity.
    Does that development make them less likely to blow their arms out anyway?

We canít see how these guys look in SB, so if they arenít ready, they arenít ready. We canít say for sure if they are or arenít. Thereís no video, thereís no stats. Iím not sure more minor leaguers time equates to a lower risk of injury though.

It sounds like the Indians would seriously consider trading Clevenger for a cost controlled outfielder with some power.

Would you trade Happ + smaller pieces for him? I would.

The Cubs are not realistically contending with this bullpen. Every indication is they can't add any more money which makes adding good bullpen arms in a trade difficult. If you're not even going to give the elite kids a chance then you're doing an extreme disservice to this core in what's very likely their last season together.

Quite frankly I think they suck at roster management

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast