Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    We can still get somebody like Pillar and a reliever for basically nothing. In this crazy season you have to go for it. The Nats proved you just have to get there. Hope our bats are hitting by that time. I have no clue how the playoffs are set up with the extra teams, but you have to feel good about Darvish and Hendricks as a 1-2 punch. Maybe Chat can come back and be who he was his first few starts. We arenít going to trade away one of our better prospects, we can get incrementally better without doing that.

Plus thereís not a lot of great teams in the NL. The Cards and Reds are just kinda meh. Braves are a solid team but they lost Soroka for the year. The Nats arenít very good and they lost Stras for the year. The Dodgers are good. The Padres are potentially scary. Other than that, thereís not much. Like I said earlier, we have time to get back on track.

As far as this offseason goes and the future of this team, well thatís a whole other discussion. Iím sure we are still broke. Weíve heard there could be change for some time now and have yet to see it. Will this be the offseason we make a move? Maybe. Guys are nearing free agency. We have to pick a lane. I think we should have picked one last offseason but we just kept the band together for another run. Iím not happy with the way our team has been handled. If we are too broke to add to this core, we should have made some moves. We didnít as we all know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After today's game I would wait until the offseason to pick a lane. We should make the playoffs but with the inconsistancy we have shown from the O, BP, and now starters (outside of Yu & the Prof) I don't expect a deep run.

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    My God we take so many fastballs that are clear strikes
    I can never understand this approach. Work the count if they throw balls. Ambush if they throw strikes. It's so much harder to hit behind in the count. Stop taking strikes!

Bryant says he's swinging at 50% and he will report to South Bend once he's recovered. This could take a while.

You know, I never thought it was that bad to put him in LF but this sucks.i

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I can never understand this approach. Work the count if they throw balls. Ambush if they throw strikes. It's so much harder to hit behind in the count. Stop taking strikes!
    Being too selective is a thing. And whatís the point of being selective if it doesnít lead to getting on base?

Abreu this series is ridiculous

6 for 9, 1 BB, 5 HR, 8 RBI, 5 runs scored. The 3 games prior to this series he was 8 for 14. Thatís numbers like Roy Hobbs from The Natural, might be best just to walk the guy today. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    If i were Ross i'd just jumble all the positions around in the batting order just for change for change's sake.

Never seen so many good hitters be so stone cold slumping at the same time. Pretty remarkable really. The guys not making many cheers in the dugout anymore lol.

6 guys in the lineup tonight are now hitting under .218 for the year. Add Bryant that's 7, plus Almora, Souza, Phegley, Perez. BAHAHAHA.

Good news is our division sucks and we're still 3 games up!
    That what I was saying a week or so ago, move a couple players around and give them a different look.

Ross needs to find a way to loosen these guys up a bit and have fun again, right now they're just going up there and going through the motion

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Bryant says he's swinging at 50% and he will report to South Bend once he's recovered. This could take a while.

You know, I never thought it was that bad to put him in LF but this sucks.i
    I have to admit I'm starting to get concerned about signing him to a long term deal. I was always in the camp of just pay him and make him a Cub for life now I'm not so sure.

It's partially about Bryant and also partially about how often those deals flop. It's still worth it for some players like Trout and Betts, but you need to be SURE about the guy before you drop $200 million on them.

With KB we are starting to see a pattern of fluky injuries that sap his power when he does come back. He's gone through many stretches of being unproductive when he is healthy.

I don't know, maybe if he takes some sort of cut rate deal you do it but I don't think I could pull the trigger on anything close to what was being discussed here before.

Frankly, even with his age, Tony is the one I'd be most interested in extending right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    After today's game I would wait until the offseason to pick a lane. We should make the playoffs but with the inconsistancy we have shown from the O, BP, and now starters (outside of Yu & the Prof) I don't expect a deep run.

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk
    I didnít mean do anything at the deadline. But this offseason could be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Don't care. I don't want the Cubs to waste any kind of an asset on this team.

We've been waiting for the Cubs offense to be "hitting" since 2017. Time to let go of that dream.

Cubs rotation gets VERY weak after the first two.

So the Cubs are in the same "meh" as everybody not name the Dodgers. Bully for the Cubs, I guess. In the phrase of a popular phrase on NSBB, the Cubs are "gutless chocking dogs."
    Soooo.... we should not go get anybody to help this team in a year where 16 teams make the playoffs? Pillar wonít cost ****. Itís not like we are talking about Whit Merrifield here. And the offense comment is a bit much. We are all aware of the offense from the last couple of years, Iím not saying I hope our problems are suddenly fixed... but youíre crazy to think that Rizzo is really a .212 hitter, or Contreras is a .224 hitter, or Javy is a .196 hitter (59 wRC+), these guys are better than that. Iím literally talking about just getting through this season and seeing what happens. Thereís like 34 games left.

I didnít mean do anything at the deadline. But this offseason could be a different story.

Oh yeah. Change is happening for sure this offseason.

I donít think thereís any doubts about that.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Team starting to look like I expected they would at the beginning of the year.

Oh and Kris Bryant is made of glass, I wouldn't give this dude a long term contract unless it was a steal.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 08-23-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Tuesday will depend on if they feel Quintana ready to start or needs a couple of relief appearances to stretch out.

My guess is Alzolay or Quintana will start and the other follows..
    Last edited by chibears55; 08-23-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Oh yeah. Change is happening for sure this offseason.

I donít think thereís any doubts about that.
    I just donít know... what can we do though? Iím sure we will buy Lester out. Almora needs to be non tendered. Will KB have any real value to trade? I mean he will have 1 year left and his numbers probably arenít going to look that good since thereís not a lot of season left. Rizzo isnít going anywhere. If you gave me a choice to lock somebody up long term it would be Contreras. Chat will be a FA. Q will be a FA. Thatís 3 starters we have to replace while we have no money to replace them. I just donít know.

I just donít know... what can we do though? Iím sure we will buy Lester out. Almora needs to be non tendered. Will KB have any real value to trade? I mean he will have 1 year left and his numbers probably arenít going to look that good since thereís not a lot of season left. Rizzo isnít going anywhere. If you gave me a choice to lock somebody up long term it would be Contreras. Chat will be a FA. Q will be a FA. Thatís 3 starters we have to replace while we have no money to replace them. I just donít know.

This is where a functioning farm system would come in handy.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast