Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2020-2021 Offseason

Lots of storylines to watch for this offseason:

GM: Who will they hire? How much control will they actually have?

Coach: Will new GM fire Luke and bring his own guy? Or will Vivek do the stupid thing and have the GM not choose his own coach (and vice versa)?

Draft: Who will they draft? Will they trade the pick?

Buddy vs Bogdanovic: Do they re-sign Bogdan? If so, how much? Will they trade Buddy? Keep both?

Giles: Kings can only offer about 4M to keep him. What's the market going to look like for him??

Bazemore: Will Kings re-sign?

Jabari Parker: Will he opt in? (yes)

Bagley: Will he get healthy?

PG Situation: Joseph wasn't that good (at least in my opinion), so what do they do to upgrade that spot?

---

Talk about these talking points, or create your own. This thread will be useful to monitor over the coming months.

I wonder what the new GMís strategy is going to be. Will we try to make a playoff push next season or will we try to rebuild. As things stand right now we probably have a better chance at being the worst team in the west than the eighth seed.

Soooo Buddy wants out? He wants to go to 76ers? Would like to get Harris for him.

Maybe we should get Drummond if he opts out, and trade Buddy for real for Harris. I would not mind.

I say we punt the season. The west is going to be even better next year than it was this year. Stick with our current players other than possibly trading Buddy, preferably for a young player or a pick. Hopefully weíre able to re-sign Giles, but I have my doubts. We either need to re-sign or sign and trade Bogi, canít afford to let him walk for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I say we punt the season. The west is going to be even better next year than it was this year. Stick with our current players other than possibly trading Buddy, preferably for a young player or a pick. Hopefully weíre able to re-sign Giles, but I have my doubts. We either need to re-sign or sign and trade Bogi, canít afford to let him walk for nothing.
    Isn't that what we say every season?

From what I am hearing Bogi is not happy that the Kings are a losing organization. Punting the season will not increase his or probably any player on the Kings desire to stay here.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Isn't that what we say every season?

From what I am hearing Bogi is not happy that the Kings are a losing organization. Punting the season will not increase his or probably any player on the Kings desire to stay here.
    I donít think we ever try to punt a season, we just end up being bad. We keep overpaying for vets (Rondo, Belinelli, Randolph, Carter, Hill, Ariza, Dedmon, etc.) like theyíre going to push us over the hump. All it ever gets us is a low lottery pick. Iíd rather watch a 23 win team with a high pick than a 33 win team with the 10th pick. At least it would provide some hope.

I donít think we ever try to punt a season, we just end up being bad. We keep overpaying for vets (Rondo, Belinelli, Randolph, Carter, Hill, Ariza, Dedmon, etc.) like theyíre going to push us over the hump. All it ever gets us is a low lottery pick. Iíd rather watch a 23 win team with a high pick than a 33 win team with the 10th pick. At least it would provide some hope.
    Kings didn't start the rebuild until they traded Cousins. That rebuild has failed thus far, so now they are starting year 1 of a new rebuild.

Weíll see how much of a rebuild it will be. Iím assuming we keep Fox. I would also guess that we donít sell low on Bagley. I donít think anyone else on the roster is safe. It will be interesting to see how much McNair will turnover the roster.

Trade offer:

Sacramento Kings receive: #6 overall pick, #50 overall pick and Kevin Huerter

Atlanta Hawks receive: #12 overall pick and Buddy Hield

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Trade offer:

Iíd do that if I was the Kings.

Iíd do that if I was the Kings.
    it's a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Trade offer:

'
    '
    I like Buddy Hield but he is not worth his contract and Buddy is not as good as Buddy thinks he is. Buddy is a very good shooter but outside of that he is lacking.

I like Buddy, but last two seasons he was sort of problematic. I am 10000% in for a trade that would include him in it.