Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Hahahaha I literally just mentioned offering 1+Culver for Simmons in Wolves forum before reading this. I actually agree they compliment each other well even if I am not sure others would agree. I like the idea personally. I would like to move the pick for a stud in some way and Simmons is a unique talent that kinda fits some needs we have imo. Booker is someone long mentioned because I think they mentioned playing together but I am not sure how realistic him moving is after Suns bubble performance they have solid future it seems.
    I think that trio's (Booker, KAT, Russell) attempts at playing together is going to have to be a Miami Big 3 situation. Time contract expirations and hope a team has the cap space.

I think where they complement each other in an interesting way is all 3 can fast break. (Simmons, KAT, Russell). Simmons brings defense in a great way, can defend 1-5 to a near elite level so he can take the tough matchups. And in slow down, Russell can be on ball offensively, KAT can do what he likes and play in space, and Simmons can play in the paint.

Of course for us it hurts in the aspect of ball handling. But maybe some of what we get from this deal can be used to package with Horford for cap space or for a PG that can handle the ball. But we would have a better shooting team, and having #1 could give us so many options from picking a player or flipping the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    True. Maybe they can use it on a potential SF.

I really think though, especially as I look around the league, this offseason isn't going to hinge on what goes on with the cap/tax number. It's going to hinge on the decision of what to do with OKC, LaVine, Derozen/Aldridge/Buford/Popovich. I think if OKC decides to be 'buyers' because of their performance then they might use some of their assets to bring in talent by getting rid of some of their "bad" contracts. Or they could look at 2019-20 as a 'blip' on the radar to tanking and continue to sell off players to gain more and more assets. Chicago and what they decide to do with LaVine is huge, if they decide they want to move on, they could use him and some other young players to make a splash on the trade market. And of course the San Antonio situation. Does RC or Pops move on? Do they stay and battle one more year? If they look to they could move players for "bad" contracts with assets to help rebuild.
    I add Sacramento with a new GM coming in to that list. They have lots of intriguing trade chips if they blow it up. Barnes, Hield, Bjelica, Hield, Holmes as players. Corey Joseph as a salary matching piece.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

If I am the Warriors...I trade the #2 overall pick to either the OKC Thunder or trade that pick to the 76ers. I been hearing Warriors package that pick, Andrew Wiggins, and a 2021 first round draft pick along with other assets to the 76ers for Ben Simmons

Simmons to the Warriors and pairing him with Draymond, a healthy Steph and a healthy Klay...I can definitely see it

HELL I LOVE IT

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I add Sacramento with a new GM coming in to that list. They have lots of intriguing trade chips if they blow it up. Barnes, Hield, Bjelica, Hield, Holmes as players. Corey Joseph as a salary matching piece.
    True. But I didn’t add them to the hinge movements because they are going to make moves regardless. Those other three teams could make moves and if they do they can make moves that reshape teams and divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If I am the Warriors...I trade the #2 overall pick to either the OKC Thunder or trade that pick to the 76ers. I been hearing Warriors package that pick, Andrew Wiggins, and a 2021 first round draft pick along with other assets to the 76ers for Ben Simmons

Simmons to the Warriors and pairing him with Draymond, a healthy Steph and a healthy Klay...I can definitely see it

HELL I LOVE IT
    Wiggins and 2 isn’t getting Ben Simmons. Wiggins is a major negative asset.

True. Maybe they can use it on a potential SF.

I really think though, especially as I look around the league, this offseason isn't going to hinge on what goes on with the cap/tax number. It's going to hinge on the decision of what to do with OKC, LaVine, Derozen/Aldridge/Buford/Popovich. I think if OKC decides to be 'buyers' because of their performance then they might use some of their assets to bring in talent by getting rid of some of their "bad" contracts. Or they could look at 2019-20 as a 'blip' on the radar to tanking and continue to sell off players to gain more and more assets. Chicago and what they decide to do with LaVine is huge, if they decide they want to move on, they could use him and some other young players to make a splash on the trade market. And of course the San Antonio situation. Does RC or Pops move on? Do they stay and battle one more year? If they look to they could move players for "bad" contracts with assets to help rebuild.
    If I were OKC I'd think of it as a blip on the radar. They just can't be scared to pull the trigger when the right players come available, which they haven't been. So all those 1st rounders will eventually pay off, I think.

Also reading up on potential trades the Warriors could pull off with other teams on Draft Day and these are the trade packages that I'm seeing:

1- Trading the #2 overall pick to the New York Knicks for the #8 overall pick, Julius Randle and a 2021 first round draft pick

2- Trading the #2 overall pick to the Chicago Bulls for Thaddeus Young and the 4th overall pick and 2021 1st round pick

3- Trading the #2 overall pick to the New Orleans Pelicans for JJ Redick, 13th pick and a 1st round draft pick in 2021

4- Trading the #2 overall pick and Andrew Wiggins and a 2021 1st round pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for Ben Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    If I were OKC I'd think of it as a blip on the radar. They just can't be scared to pull the trigger when the right players come available, which they haven't been. So all those 1st rounders will eventually pay off, I think.
    It would be the most logical thing to do.

I think that trio's (Booker, KAT, Russell) attempts at playing together is going to have to be a Miami Big 3 situation. Time contract expirations and hope a team has the cap space.

I think where they complement each other in an interesting way is all 3 can fast break. (Simmons, KAT, Russell). Simmons brings defense in a great way, can defend 1-5 to a near elite level so he can take the tough matchups. And in slow down, Russell can be on ball offensively, KAT can do what he likes and play in space, and Simmons can play in the paint.

Of course for us it hurts in the aspect of ball handling. But maybe some of what we get from this deal can be used to package with Horford for cap space or for a PG that can handle the ball. But we would have a better shooting team, and having #1 could give us so many options from picking a player or flipping the pick.
    This will depend on Booker, right now it is possible to all play together on the same team by him forcing his way out essentially. If the Suns truly believe he wants out and they are getting a package of a #1 pick+ it could be enough to get this done beforehand but if they have no pressure from Booker I don't see it like you are getting at.

I think Simmons is a better fit with his defense. Russell/Towns are higher volume guys anyways and we need playmaking/defense next to it a little more than Bookers scoring imo (Russell/Beasley/Towns are the other 3 main guys we have and are great shooters/spacers basically for him too).

I was actually thinking the other day Beal seems like an option too that could move too and you mention Lavine. I just hope we can figure out a way to get a nice stud a bit younger like Towns/Russell to trade for so any of these names moving is good for us. 3 way trade might end up working out too.

Simmons and Horford for Kemba and Hayward

Who wins this trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Simmons and Horford for Kemba and Hayward

Who wins this trade?
    Sixers. Kemba and Hayward are perfect fits with Embiid.

Boston wins that in terms of “trade value” but PHI would be massively improved on the court with it.

Simmons/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Horford on defense would be absolutely suffocating. Offensively there’s probably just enough shooting to work. Horford as a 5 is a good shooter. Tatum obviously is good shooting. Brown has become a good shooter. Smart has been league average from 3 over last 2 years. Problem is all of them “can shoot” more than they are “shooters”, if that makes sense.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

He said Wiggins, 2 AND the Wolves 2021 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    He said Wiggins, 2 AND the Wolves 2021 1st round pick.
    Guys please... It's been explained to you in detail that teams above the apron can't trade unless it causes reduction of salaries in the books!

Read the CBA on the matter!

It simply means that in the case of two hard capped teams (with the unofficial meaning the term "hard cap" has in basketball language and not in the meaning it has in other sports) like the Sixers and GSW are, can't trade with each other at all! Because you can't have two teams in a trade both saving some salary.

Please don't develop discussions on whatever nonsense you can think of!

Best bet for the Sixers to trade would be a rebuilding team... Spurs sound good to me, but I doubt the Spurs would take Horford + rubbish (in order to match salary) for DeRosan... They might be convinced to take Harris' 5 years contract though if the Sixers pay well with picks... it's 5 years, not two or three... the Spurs will rebuild in two...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast