Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Lugo deserves a shot to start but I worry about the change in usage and how it will affect his arm. He’s a pretty resilient dude tho so I have faith in him.

His situation reminds me of the Hellman stuff 15 years ago. Dude never got his shot to start again once he went to the pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I firmly believe that Lugo would have been a good starter if the Mets stuck with him in that role as opposed to moving him to the bullpen. He did well in a small sample size, but pitched in some rough hitting friendly ballparks (Colorado & Arizona) in his 5 starts and he was pitching solid in Arizona until he made one mistake late. He pitched a gem against the Yankees. Overall he actually struck out more batters starting than relieving with a 3.91 ERA in 23 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Their closer is Edwin Diaz.

Lugo is a not a closer and is more valuable to this current Mets team in the rotation (assuming he pitches well).

I have little doubt that Lugo will have a seamless transition into starting games again. His pitch mix has become very impressive.
    “Their closer in Edwin Diaz”. That doesn’t exactly inspire confidence based on his tenure here dude 😂
    Last edited by JCrusher; 08-21-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    True that’s why letting Wheeler walk was foolish.
    Great Point!!! The Coupons and Brodie screwed up there surprise surprise lol. I mean they probably could have signed Wheeler for cheaper a year earlier plus they were selling the team anyway so its not like they would have been n the hooks anyway. I always liked Wheeler and its a shame he had injury issues. he also wanted to be here and i dont blame him for being insulted that the ets didnt even give him any offer. Have never been of Stroman fan on or off the field to be completely honest. Was also pissed that we traded yet another good prospect in SWR.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Nah I understand having him in the pen when we had all those guys in the rotation the last two years, but once we let Wheeler go and Syndergaard/Stroman weren’t pitching this year, moving Lugo to the rotation was a no-brainer. Not to mention Diaz is looking like his dominant self again. It appears that we have multiple arms in the pen who can provide solid innings now too.
    Before they acquired Stroman and while Matz was at some point struggling last season, there was room for Lugo in the rotation. I said it last year that I thought Lugo should be a SP. I understand why he was in the pen but he's always felt like a guy who should start but was a product of a bad bullpen that the Mets never really adequately addressed. This year seems different but of course that comes at the expense of a super thin rotation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123