Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Thatís the risk
    The guy is talented enough to fetch a 1st rounder...but is he a 1 year rental? Which is why Iíve said a 3&5 in another thread a while back
    Again, is that not on Joe D.
    A good GM trades for him and does not let him get away, period.

    Also, if the Jets trade for him, they have the "ask" on their side.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,668
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Scope, wouldn't that be on how good of a GM Joe D is to make that happen.

    So how good do you think he is really?
    I think heís plenty good, but there is risk. Yannick has said he wants to go to a winner, if here isnít his first choice does he just walk?

    Iím sure Joe has done his research


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,950
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I think heís plenty good, but there is risk. Yannick has said he wants to go to a winner, if here isnít his first choice does he just walk?

    Iím sure Joe has done his research


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know what's more risky?
    Having a sub-subpar passrush and having to overblitz every passing down.

    How has that worked out the past couple, no
    several, no
    few, no
    decade, no
    umpteenth years?

    The only risk is you don't believe Joe D can resign him.
    That is the ONLY true risk.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-19-2020 at 11:24 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,950
    For those of you that fear "risk" of Ngakoue walking, you don't have to.

    The only risk and fear you have, is that deep down you don't believe in Joe D as a GM.
    And you don't need to fear that.

    Why?

    Because options.....
    He's looking for 20m/yr, tagging him would put him at 21.5/1 yr.
    If you'd be willing to do that, then you just resign him for 20m/yr for 4 yrs, which you are already considering if you trade for him.

    If he wants out, you franchise him and trade him for ample compensation.
    Teams are ALWAYS looking for a passrusher, if you spend a 2nd for him, you can recoup that back fairly easy.
    Point is, he ain't walking for nothing, so that excuse don't cut it.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-20-2020 at 02:08 AM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,588
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    For those of you that fear "risk" of Ngakoue walking, you don't have to.

    The only risk and fear you have, is that deep down you don't believe in Joe D as a GM.
    And you don't need to fear that.

    Why?

    Because options.....
    He's looking for 20m/yr, tagging him would put him at 21.5/1 yr.
    If you'd be willing to do that, then you just resign him for 20m/yr for 4 yrs, which you are already considering if you trade for him.

    If he wants out, you franchise him and trade him for ample compensation.
    Teams are ALWAYS looking for a passrusher, if you spend a 2nd for him, you can recoup that back fairly easy.
    Point is, he ain't walking for nothing, so that excuse don't cut it.
    Itís not faith in Joe D
    He may not like NY
    He may hate our reporters
    He may hate the governor and how he taxes the wealthy
    He may hate the cost of living
    He may hate the airports
    He may hate the congestion

    Or he may love all that stuff.

    Or he may want to be paid like a top 5 pass rusher, but the reality is, 8-10 sacks is just a good pass rusher and not worth a mega deal.

    Joe D can only control the football side of things, and signing a long term deal isnít always about just the football side of things.
    Last edited by Larry M; 08-20-2020 at 03:27 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,245
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    It would be cool but he would have to agree to a deal in principal to stay for the long haul. I wouldnít want to risk him leaving in FA next year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I'd have to believe if it happens, he will sign an extension.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Itís not faith in Joe D
    He may not like NY
    He may hate our reporters
    He may hate the governor and how he taxes the wealthy
    He may hate the cost of living
    He may hate the airports
    He may hate the congestion

    Or he may love all that stuff.

    Or he may want to be paid like a top 5 pass rusher, but the reality is, 8-10 sacks is just a good pass rusher and not worth a mega deal.

    Joe D can only control the football side of things, and signing a long term deal isnít always about just the football side of things.
    Excellent point. I would bet that Greg Williams is drooling over how many sacks he would have in his defense.
    I'm guessing that if he ends up here, a big reason will be Williams and his belief that he can turn him into a 14+ sack guy.



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Itís not faith in Joe D
    He may not like NY
    He may hate our reporters
    He may hate the governor and how he taxes the wealthy
    He may hate the cost of living
    He may hate the airports
    He may hate the congestion

    Or he may love all that stuff.

    Or he may want to be paid like a top 5 pass rusher, but the reality is, 8-10 sacks is just a good pass rusher and not worth a mega deal.

    Joe D can only control the football side of things, and signing a long term deal isnít always about just the football side of things.
    Of xourse its about Joe D.
    Part of a GMs job is salesmanship, so its on Joe D to sell the Jets to him.
    The rest are excuses.

    And he's playing on the franchise tag, so he's already being paid top 5 money.

    And there's the franchise tag is necessary, and he can always be traded to recoup value.
    So again, he can't walk for nothing.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Of xourse its about Joe D.
    Part of a GMs job is salesmanship, so its on Joe D to sell the Jets to him.
    The rest are excuses.

    And he's playing on the franchise tag, so he's already being paid top 5 money.

    And there's the franchise tag is necessary, and he can always be traded to recoup value.
    So again, he can't walk for nothing.
    Dude, did Joe D beat you up and take your milk money when you were a kid or something? I don't understand all the hate towards him. We know you love Adams, but Joe D made a damn good deal there. What has he done so far that you don't approve of (other than Adams)? I think the guy is trying to build the right way. He seems to be patient, and has not thrown money at fringe type players ie Trumaine Johnson. Personally, I have not been this optimistic about Jets management since Parcells.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,785


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. 08-20-2020, 12:36 PM

    The Contra-Contrarian !!!

    Reason
    baiting

  12. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,785
    https://www.nfl.com/news/training-ca...isn-t-imminent

    Training Camp Buzz: Trade for Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue isn't imminent


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  13. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,785
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    What are you talking about...if you're trying to be witty, save yourself, you're not.

    I don't think you know what you're talking about.
    I'm the one that believes Joe D will tesign him if he trades for him, and if he doesn't he can recoup draft picks.

    Others are talking how Ngakoue can walk, which he can't.

    Slow enough for you, good.

    All your talk, and I believe more in Joe D than most of you.
    Why can't he leave for FA after the season?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  14. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Why can't he leave for FA after the season?
    Clay, I guess you haven't heard. It's because Mr. X says so. It has nothing to do with him becoming a free agent after not signing an extension.

    Regardless, it sounds like this trade rumor was all b.s anyway. Joe D is a ninja, so I was kind of skeptical when this 'news' broke last night without the deal being done.

  15. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Why can't he leave for FA after the season?
    The Jets could simply tag him if need be.
    Read post #19.

    You don't want to have to, but it's there if you need it.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-20-2020 at 03:06 PM.

  16. 08-20-2020, 02:56 PM

    The Contra-Contrarian !!!

    Reason
    baiting

  17. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    New to football, huh?

    Let's see how your argument holds up to mine.
    And yes, because I said so.
    I forgot more football than you'll ever know buddy.

    I love how you try to talk in riddles. Tagging and signing are not the same thing. Or I guess you never learned that in your football 101 course?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •