Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Tom Flores Selected As Finalist for Hall of Fame

"...prone to stoogery.".

Make it happen! Long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    What is different this year though is he was selected as a Coach Finalist and not just a finalist.

This means he does not have to compete against other players for for the HOF spots. Just needs an 80% approval from the HOF committee and he is in regardless the other finalists.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    What is different this year though is he was selected as a Coach Finalist and not just a finalist.

This means he does not have to compete against other players for for the HOF spots. Just needs an 80% approval from the HOF committee and he is in regardless the other finalists.
    And yet...the reason why there aren't more Raiders in the HOF is because of some of the member of the HOF committee who had hateful agendas against Al Davis specifically and the Raiders organization in general. There is a reason why it took the Snake so long to get in, even though everyone and their momma saw him as one of the true legends of the NFL.

I hope that Tom Flores gets in, but in this day and age I never expect it to be an easy undertaking. This is a country where people would rail against giving out cool water to folks stranded in the Sahara desert.

Get that man in!!!

Long overdue. Still doesn't justify why some others have been snubbed.

Overdue, congrats to Tom Flores. A great leader of men!

So Cliff Branch too?
    Here's how Cliff Branch and Drew Pearson compare: Branch: 501 catches, 8,685 yds, 67 TDs 3-time 1st team All-Pro, 3 Super Bowl titles Pearson: 489 catches, 7,822 yds, 48 TDs, 3-time 1st team All-Pro, 1 Super Bowl title

Had Al let him coach into the early 1990's I think Tom would have been inducted years ago. Al overreacted after the 1987 team lost 11 games. The 1987 players strike tossed a hand grenade in the Raiders locker room after the Raiders started strong.

I believe Tom would have continued winning until he decided to call it a career.

I hope he makes it in.