Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caris LaVert

Caris LaVert

I heard Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo Sunday talking like Caris LaVert was probably playing his last two weeks with the Nets before getting traded. They were indicating he needed the ball too much to coexist with Irving and Durant.
    Took me by surprise. LaVert seems like the perfect third banana next to Irving and Durant a do-it-all, three-and-D, playmaking forward who can score 20 a game. Who doesn't want that? Zach Lowe once predicted he'd make an all-NBA defensive team.
    EDIT: Also forgot to mention he only costs around $16 million a year and is only 25. Seems like the Nets would be crazy to trade him.

If he is available, where could you see him going? Make an offer.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 08-18-2020 at 10:57 AM.

I think hed be a nice fit with the Kings. Hield for LeVert. Nets get some floor spacing and can let Harris walk, Kings get a second shot creator with Fox.

I do t see it with Levert fitting in with Kyrie/KD. Seems like he needs the ball in his hands to be effective so with Kyrie and KD not sure how effective hes be off ball. Trading him for a shooter like Hield makes more sense to me but not sure the Kings will bite (Hield locked in long term as well).

I also think Harris will have busy market. Hes a solid rotation player and good shooter so hell definitely have some suitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warriors would LOVE him with their TPE.

How about LaVert, Allen and Temple to the Mavericks for Porzingis?
    The Nets get a deadly threesome with Porzingis playing off the ball and the versatility to go big or small. If they can keep Joe Harris, they're a juggernaut. Even without him, you're still closing with Irving, Dinwiddie, Prince, Durant and Porzingis.
    I think Allen would shine on the Mavericks with his defensive versatility, while LaVert could easily slot right in next to Hardaway Jr. on the wing. The Mavericks would still have an awesome offense, but with some decent defenders like Allen, LaVert and Wright.

When did anyone that gets lucky and makes 3 now and then become a 3 and D guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'd rather keep him and KD and send Kyrie packing.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'd rather keep him and KD and send Kyrie packing.
    That would be the logical move, although they'd need Durant's sign-off. Hear me out: Kyrie for Kuzma, Green and Caldwell-Pope.
    Kyrie can chill as the second to third option behind Davis and LeBron, who has previously maximized Irving's potential. The Lakers would have to patch together some depth, but that's a pretty deadly threesome.
    The Nets keep LaVert and add a bunch of role-playing vets on minimum contracts. Kuzma could be helpful. Mostly it's about clearing out contracts to pursue a better fit than Irving. In the meantime, they've still got Dinwiddie, however unflashy he is.
    Maybe the Lakers throw in a 2026 top-three protected first-rounder to sweeten the pot.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 08-18-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    When did anyone that gets lucky and makes 3 now and then become a 3 and D guy?
    Are you referring to my comments on LaVert? He's one of the two best defenders on a top-10 defensive team and has received plenty of praise on that end from people in the know. His feet are quick, and he's got he size and speed to defend point guards through small forwards. On offense, he's improved his three-point shot while taking significantly more.

Caris LaVert

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Are you referring to my comments on LaVert? He's one of the two best defenders on a top-10 defensive team and has received plenty of praise on that end from people in the know. His feet are quick, and he's got he size and speed to defend point guards through small forwards. On offense, he's improved his three-point shot while taking significantly more.
    Yes. Hes not much of a shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I heard Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo Sunday talking like Caris LaVert was probably playing his last two weeks with the Nets before getting traded. They were indicating he needed the ball too much to coexist with Irving and Durant.
    Took me by surprise. LaVert seems like the perfect third banana next to Irving and Durant a do-it-all, three-and-D, playmaking forward who can score 20 a game. Who doesn't want that? Zach Lowe once predicted he'd make an all-NBA defensive team.
    EDIT: Also forgot to mention he only costs around $16 million a year and is only 25. Seems like the Nets would be crazy to trade him.

If he is available, where could you see him going? Make an offer.
    In my early days in here, 1st thread I've posted is this:

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...-affected-most

Already from the O/P, I explain that the NETs, which along with GSW and the Sixers are the three teams which are financially screwed by the pandemic, they will have to move two out of LeVert, Dinwiddie, Harris or Prince and dump their salary.

LeVert and Harris seem to be the most probable out of the two, because Harris is restricted free agent this off season and therefore easier to dump his salary, while Dinwiddie and Prince who both were starters this season, are needed to back up back up Irving and KD respectively.

The thing with LeVert is that his salary isn't as tempting as it may seem at first sight, this is because as I explain in this thread which I made recently:

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...art-with-Kings

Bogdan Bogdanovic will also be on the market this offseason and Bogdanovic is a by far better choice for a team which looks to contend for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Warriors would LOVE him with their TPE.
    The Warriors will be looking to dump salary too, there can't be a trade between two teams which are both looking to dump salary, can there?

EDIT: Also... forget about the TPE, it's going with the trash... They are already 6M above the apron and this is before they sign the (expensive) pick they will be drafting and also before they sign min contracts to fill the empty roster spots up!
    Last edited by mouseslept; 08-19-2020 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think hed be a nice fit with the Kings. Hield for LeVert. Nets get some floor spacing and can let Harris walk, Kings get a second shot creator with Fox.
    The Kings would indeed have interest on him if he was the return from moving Bogdanovic, but the Nets are looking to dump salary and therefore cannot sent LeVert away and on the other hand add Bogdanovic. Therefore, unless if it's a three team deal which involves a third team buying LeVert from the Nets and sent him to the Kings for Bogdanovic, it can't happen.

Who's Caris Lavert?

#17 for #24

Job's done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast