Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Tampa Bay Rays @ NY Yankees Aug. 18-20

The Tampa Bay Rays will head to the Stadium tonight for an American League East showdown against the division-leading Yankees.

The Yanks enter the series having built a two-game lead over the Rays in the division race. They’ve yet to lose a game at home this season, going 9-0 in Yankee Stadium compared to 6-6 on the road. However, New York will be running into a red-hot Rays team that has won nine of their last 11 contests.

Can the Yankees extend their lead in the AL East with a victory over the Rays tonight?

Tampa Bay has caught fire since beating New York in a four-game series nearly two weeks ago. The Rays have since won nine of their last 11 games, all of which have come against divisional opponents. They are 12-7 against AL East opponents so far this season.

New York has riled off five consecutive victories after sweeping the Atlanta Braves and Boston Red Sox in back-to-back series. The Yankees’ last series loss came a couple of weeks ago when the Rays took three of four from New York at Tropicana Field.

Tue, Aug 18 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: Fox Sports Sun, YES, ESPN

Blake Snell
    LHP
    1-0, 2.08 ERA, 20 SO
    In his last time out, Snell had his best outing of the season, tossing five scoreless innings against the Red Sox. Snell will face the Yankees for the second time this season; he pitched three scoreless innings in the first meeting.

Masahiro Tanaka
    RHP
    0-0, 2.31 ERA, 11 SO
    Tanaka leaned heavily on his slider and splitter in his last start, holding the Braves to two runs and five hits over four innings. Tanaka tossed 66 pitches in the outing and is continuing to build stamina after sustaining a concussion on July 4.

Wed, Aug 19 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: YES, Fox Sports Sun

TBD

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    4-0, 2.76 ERA, 34 SO
    Cole notched his 20th consecutive regular-season victory, tying the third-longest such streak in history, as he limited the Red Sox to an Alex Verdugo solo homer among four hits over seven innings. Cole's only no-decision this year came against the Rays on Aug. 8

Thu, Aug 20 • 1:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: Fox Sports Sun, YES, MLBN (out-of-market only)

TBD

James Paxton
    LHP
    1-1, 7.04 ERA, 18 SO
    Paxton reached a new season high with a 94.8 mph fastball in his most recent start, a good sign as he returns from back surgery performed in February. Paxton didn't have his sharpest stuff, but he held the Red Sox to three runs over five innings in an 11-5 win.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-18-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Actually after last night the yanks are 10-0 at home and 6-6 on the road . This should be a good series

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Actually after last night the yanks are 10-0 at home and 6-6 on the road . This should be a good series
    No Jorge, they have a 9-0 home record. You may recall early this season they played a game, I believe against the Phillies where they were at home but NOT the home team. A technicality, but that seems to be how some services are recording it. So they are 10-0 at the Stadium, but their home record is (Covid -19) 9-0. A trivia question for the future.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No Jorge, they have a 9-0 home record. You may recall early this season they played a game, I believe against the Phillies where they were at home but NOT the home team. A technicality, but that seems to be how some services are recording it. So they are 10-0 at the Stadium, but their home record is (Covid -19) 9-0. A trivia question for the future.
    Then why does mlb.com have their home record as 10-0 ?

https://www.mlb.com/standings/2020.

Then why does mlb.com have their home record as 10-0 ?

https://www.mlb.com/standings/2020.
    Ask MLB.com. IDK. I could be mistaken. But I do recall the game at the Stadium, which they won, but were not the home team due to the problems the Phillies had with the virus.

Ask MLB.com. IDK. I could be mistaken. But I do recall the game at the Stadium, which they won, but were not the home team due to the problems the Phillies had with the virus.
    I just figured why mlb has the yanks as 10-0 at home. That one game by the Phillies you are talking about was at philly’s stadium and the yanks played as the “home” team there .

I just figured why mlb has the yanks as 10-0 at home. That one game by the Phillies you are talking about was at philly’s stadium and the yanks played as the “home” team there .
    OK. Thanks for the digging and clarification. I'm gettin old and my memory ain't what it used to be.

OK. Thanks for the digging and clarification. I'm gettin old and my memory ain't what it used to be.
    My memory is going too , I had forgotten about that one game at philly that the yanks played as the home team .

Voit batting leadoff

Finally the Boone and upper management get it right and start andujar at dh . Should have started doing that right after judge went on the dl

They just can’t beat Tampa .....

They just can’t beat Tampa .....
    a healthy yanks teams is way superior then tampa..

snell at yankee stadoum stinks he can't beat the yanks but no d.j judge stanton..

That doesnt excuse Tampa scoring 4 runs in one inning off of Tanaka

Btw Tampa shut out a yankee team with both dj and judge in the lineup earlier this season.

Finally the Boone and upper management get it right and start andujar at dh . Should have started doing that right after judge went on the dl
    And he did so well there tonite.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 08-18-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast