Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dnc

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    As an academic researcher I disagree. When I examine race, or sex, or sexual orientation... etc. in my work I seek to describe and if necessary figure out how to intervene, not manipulate.
    I asked this question once and got no response in this forum...and I do mean it in the most innocent way....and I'm not suggesting you're the only/best to answer this....actually not sure if this is a question as much as comments for someone to respond to.

These days the number of mixed race people is continually increasing. Barack Obama, for example, one white one black parent. He identifies as black, correct? In cases like that it seems that virtually always happens. For most of my life, referring to someone as brown meant they were from someplace in Asia but now it seems more often to be someone like Barack. Now, with Kamala Harris in the national picture, it gets that much more...confusing, complicated, whatever. Because of her parents she is referred to BOTH as African American and Asian American (even though her father is British Jamaican, raising a different question).

Along those lines, if you've wondered why there's confusion on how native americans view the now previous Washington Football Team name, there's this- in native culture there are 4 sacred directions each with a color and other meanings.....the four colors are red, black, yellow and white..which they also relate to races. Guess which color refers to themselves.

probably not the place for this....but where would be?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It was the seemingly constant reminder of all these sub groups that are there and the dems keep shoving to the forefront. Blacks, hispanic, gays, way too many young, Indians, immigrants. Very little focus on whites.

Believe me, everyone knows everyone who is out there. We all know everyone counts. We all know the uplifting stories of coming here with nothing yada, yada, yada. The dems just make way too much of a point of it. It sounds phony and pandering.

Tossing Cheeseburger Abrams and John Kerry in our faces does the dems more harm than good. Abrams is just awful and Kerry's tie is long past. I hope we don't get Mr. and Mrs Khan coming back. Amy Klobychur should have been given more time. People see her as an intelligent moderate. Middle class whiteys would listen to her. She got hardly any time at all. AOC is polarizing…Kloby is not.

They ran a good convention but it could have been better. That's all I'm saying.
    You still haven't addressed the question about what issues would attract white folks, instead, you still criticize the representation of minorities at this convention. Are you saying that minorities representation is an anti-white issue or their representation shouldn't be allowed because it's a turn off for this larger group? Amy Klobuchar's weak arse jokes should get her suspended from public speaking.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-19-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I asked this question once and got no response in this forum...and I do mean it in the most innocent way....and I'm not suggesting you're the only/best to answer this....actually not sure if this is a question as much as comments for someone to respond to.

These days the number of mixed race people is continually increasing. Barack Obama, for example, one white one black parent. He identifies as black, correct? In cases like that it seems that virtually always happens. For most of my life, referring to someone as brown meant they were from someplace in Asia but now it seems more often to be someone like Barack. Now, with Kamala Harris in the national picture, it gets that much more...confusing, complicated, whatever. Because of her parents she is referred to BOTH as African American and Asian American (even though her father is British Jamaican, raising a different question).

Along those lines, if you've wondered why there's confusion on how native americans view the now previous Washington Football Team name, there's this- in native culture there are 4 sacred directions each with a color and other meanings.....the four colors are red, black, yellow and white..which they also relate to races. Guess which color refers to themselves.

probably not the place for this....but where would be?
    I'm not sure what your question is.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

I'm asking because I haven't watched any of the DNC..

have they talked about what Joe Biden would do as the Democrat President?

the only news that I have seen has talked more about how what they have seen is more against Trump rather than what Biden would do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

WES, you butted into a conversation to insult someone, I asked you not to, and teased you. If there is someone who is butt hurt here... it's not me. I like ya plenty. I think we tend to agree more than disagree... But I'd prefer people not butt into a conversation with an insult that does nothing to further the conversation. And I'm not shy.
    Then use the PM. People butt in all the time here. It happens to me sometimes. Yes, it bother me as well but I just chalked it up as the nature of beast that is a open forum. I just ignore the butting, and continue my point. Even in the case that led up to our squabble, you were able to continue your point with Sluggo. Mine one post that didn't interrupt the flow of your conversation with him until you let it.

It wasn't a tease. It was just as snippy as my comment to Sluggo, who I have traded snippy comments with before. At least we are honest about it. I will apologize for going off the rails with you. You lay a good one that hit a sensitive part. I am very aware of my shortcoming here and have gotten better with my grammar. You think it is bad now, woow you should have seen it when I first posted here.

It is one of the reasons I come here. One can only get better by conversing with those who are better. I will do you a solid and not participate in your conversations in the future.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-19-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You still haven't addressed the question about what issues would attract white folks, instead, you still criticize the representation of minorities at this convention. Are you saying that minorities representation is an anti-white issue or their representation shouldn't be allowed because it's turn off for this larger group? Amy Klobuchar's weak arse jokes should get her suspended from public speaking.
    Many of their issues in moderation would attract more folks in general (whiteys and otherwise).

The biggie…probably the absurd views on late term abortion. Partial birth abortion is absurd and no civilized human being should find this acceptable. Many many conservatives would have little problem with a common sense approach suck as OK during thye first trimester.

Gun control…a moderate approach to this would help. Many policies involving gun control are acceptable. Then you have to go play mayor Pete Buttwhatever and you lose any conservative that was willing to listen. Gun confiscation will never work.

Drop policies that are inherently wrong…open borders, sanctuary cities, no bail. Policies such as this are flat out wrong and are just pandering to the lower classes. Senior members of the party know this is wrong and support it anyway. How can anyone with a brain goo along with sanctuary cities and states (stupid mayor of Oakland even warned when feds were coming.)

Green new deal…is dumb and will never be passed. A lot of environmental laws could be passed and be made to work but the Green New Dealers always pop up and they are crackers. There is a valid point on climate change but then you put Bernie and AOC out there and the entire convo gets tuned out.

Is that OK for starters???

Moderation and common sense is what works. . That's why I liked Tulsi and Kloby. I would have voted for either over Trump. Instead we get an appointed female president. Not good.

I'm not sure what your question is.
    lol yeah I mentioned questions, then said comments to generate a response...but really did neither.

I guess I'm curious why it seems to be the norm for someone with both a white and black parent to seemingly always identify as black......and why they've seemingly 'taken over' brown (even tho I know that's an otherwise logical distinction). And if so what color do we assign someone from, say, the Phillipines? Also, is it logical to refer to someone as both African American and Asian American? I am both Danish and Norwegian but don't make a distinction. The term African American is talked about as if it's a race. I don't know, maybe this is abnormal psychology.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

lol yeah I mentioned questions, then said comments to generate a response...but really did neither.

I guess I'm curious why it seems to be the norm for someone with both a white and black parent to seemingly always identify as black......and why they've seemingly 'taken over' brown (even tho I know that's an otherwise logical distinction). And if so what color do we assign someone from, say, the Phillipines? Also, is it logical to refer to someone as both African American and Asian American? I am both Danish and Norwegian but don't make a distinction. The term African American is talked about as if it's a race. I don't know, maybe this is abnormal psychology.
    It's not just the mixed race person (with a black parent and a white parent) that defaults to calling themselves black, it's basically everyone around them as well. Some of it is probably for ease of use, while a lot of it likely goes back to old racist thinking ingrained in to our society. I don't get what you're having trouble understanding here.

https://insight.kellogg.northwestern...-terms-of-race

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

It's just easier.

If you refer to the offspring as black…no one gets offended.

If you refer to the offspring as white…anything could happen.

Of course you default to making this about "not offending the overly sensitive black people".

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Larry David handles this issue with great aplomb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F_y...=youtu.be&t=86

Many of their issues in moderation would attract more folks in general (whiteys and otherwise).

The biggie…probably the absurd views on late term abortion. Partial birth abortion is absurd and no civilized human being should find this acceptable. Many many conservatives would have little problem with a common sense approach suck as OK during thye first trimester.

Gun control…a moderate approach to this would help. Many policies involving gun control are acceptable. Then you have to go play mayor Pete Buttwhatever and you lose any conservative that was willing to listen. Gun confiscation will never work.

Drop policies that are inherently wrong…open borders, sanctuary cities, no bail. Policies such as this are flat out wrong and are just pandering to the lower classes. Senior members of the party know this is wrong and support it anyway. How can anyone with a brain goo along with sanctuary cities and states (stupid mayor of Oakland even warned when feds were coming.)

Green new deal…is dumb and will never be passed. A lot of environmental laws could be passed and be made to work but the Green New Dealers always pop up and they are crackers. There is a valid point on climate change but then you put Bernie and AOC out there and the entire convo gets tuned out.

Is that OK for starters???

Moderation and common sense is what works. . That's why I liked Tulsi and Kloby. I would have voted for either over Trump. Instead we get an appointed female president. Not good.
    Thank you, that was all I was asked. Those are republican issues. It would be silly of me to expect my issues to be addressed at a republican convention. The democratic party is still about 60% white, so I am judging your 70% thing is way off. Those whites feel comfortable with the democrat agenda.. The Democrat doesn't just push minorities issues. The base support environmental policies, ending forever wars, increasing the min. wages, ending the drug war, legalize pot, medicare for all and for a alternate energy to replace fossil fuel policy.

Most of these including The new green deal won't be pushed in total or just partially by a Biden administration
    Last edited by WES445; 08-19-2020 at 05:34 PM.

It's just easier.

If you refer to the offspring as black…no one gets offended.

If you refer to the offspring as white…anything could happen.
    I got to the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Did you think Obama was white? If the police were describing him what do you think the racial profile would be?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's not just the mixed race person (with a black parent and a white parent) that defaults to calling themselves black, it's basically everyone around them as well. Some of it is probably for ease of use, while a lot of it likely goes back to old racist thinking ingrained in to our society. I don't get what you're having trouble understanding here.

https://insight.kellogg.northwestern...-terms-of-race

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule
    Thank you spiff. I just assume people knew this. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I'm asking because I haven't watched any of the DNC..

have they talked about what Joe Biden would do as the Democrat President?
    Notorious policy-guru, SpecialFNK.
    HELLO

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast