Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dnc

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Talking about sniping.
    Who me?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    As an academic researcher I disagree. When I examine race, or sex, or sexual orientation... etc. in my work I seek to describe and if necessary figure out how to intervene, not manipulate.
    Again, all of what you are saying is probably true. Be that as it may, manipulation goes on. Maybe not by "academic researchers" but certainly by politicians, advertisers, political consultants, product research etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Yeah so if you think someone has no common sense ignore them... don't insult their intelligence with again... incorrect grammar.
    Snipe, snipe, snipe. It is isn't about his intelligence but his perception of something which is a different animal. The dude is a racist or at the least ethnocentric so he sees things through that lens that has nothing to do with his intelligence but his mindset. You may have the patience for this mindset but I don't. And who are the f are you to tell me how I should conduct myself anyway, you very arrogant person. Happy now that we had this little conversation? Try this again and we can go another round. Please just push the ignore button for my post if you are going to get butt hurt by my bad grammar.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-19-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Spending a lot of time lately thinking about how the next Republican President (someone like Tom Cotton) is going to be far far worse than Trump. And how painfully obvious it is that the Democratic Party is woefully unprepared for it.

This DNC is so depressing, man.

And an aside: screw John McCain and screw everyone in the Lincoln Project.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Spending a lot of time lately thinking about how the next Republican President (someone like Tom Cotton) is going to be far far worse than Trump. And how painfully obvious it is that the Democratic Party is woefully unprepared for it.

This DNC is so depressing, man.

And an aside: screw John McCain and screw everyone in the Lincoln Project.
    Nikki Hailey in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Nikki Hailey in 2024.
    No chance it's someone as "moderate" (heavy emphasis on the quotes, but you get it) as her. No chance.
    HELLO

Snipe, snipe, snipe. It is isn't about his intelligence but his perception of something which is a different animal. The dude is a racist or at the least ethnocentric so he sees things through that lens that has nothing to do with his intelligence but his mindset. You may have the patience for this mindset but I don't. And who are the f are you to tell me how I should conduct myself anyway, you very arrogant person. Happy now that we had this little conversation? Try this again and we can go another round. Please just push the ignore button for my post if you are going to get butt hurt by my bad grammar.
    WES, you butted into a conversation to insult someone, I asked you not to, and teased you. If there is someone who is butt hurt here... it's not me. I like ya plenty. I think we tend to agree more than disagree... But I'd prefer people not butt into a conversation with an insult that does nothing to further the conversation. And I'm not shy.

Duh, the democrat are made up of various ethnic groups unlike your republican party, so of course, they are there to express their concerns and hear the democrat leaders parroted it back to them. But wait until Biden is in office and he will ignore their concerns in favor of his donors. So quit being butt hurt about it because the white guys with the money will still control the Biden agenda.

So that 70% will continue to get screwed like the rest of us. Happy now?

Oh boy, we shouldn't try to appeal to many groups and just concentrate on the seventy percent. That is Americana that Sluggo can stand by.
    Not butt hurt at all. It was a pretty snazzy production that seemed to try to appeal to all groups but was a little weak in appealing to the largest group.

Bolded……wrong. You should try to appeal to as many groups as possible. They were a little weak on apoealing to the largest group. And some of their speakers were a bit of a turnoff to the largest group.

But all in all, a pretty good production.

Last DNC rant then I'll disappear again for a week or so...

HELLO

This is the first DNC since Mondale that I have watched zero coverage or minutes of. And I was 4 for Mondale so not much interest.

Literally haven’t even watched a single clip of it. Heard about the Michelle and Trump back and forth.

Making a conscious effort to avoid cable news, their sites and Twitter until after the election. I’m down to a hard copy of the Sunday paper and The Intercept and Pro Publica for my news....it’s been refreshing.

Not butt hurt at all. It was a pretty snazzy production that seemed to try to appeal to all groups but was a little weak in appealing to the largest group.

Bolded……wrong. You should try to appeal to as many groups as possible. They were a little weak on apoealing to the largest group. And some of their speakers were a bit of a turnoff to the largest group.

I don't know, dude. These conventions are more of a pep rally than anything else. High on fluff, low on substance. They often don't keep their promises anyway once elected. Really, what issues appeal to this larger group that isn't being addressed? If its conservative values, even the elected republicans don't follow that dog anymore. I ask honestly.

I think they were aiming for white people like me.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This is the first DNC since Mondale that I have watched zero coverage or minutes of. And I was 4 for Mondale so not much interest.

Literally haven’t even watched a single clip of it. Heard about the Michelle and Trump back and forth.

Making a conscious effort to avoid cable news, their sites and Twitter until after the election. I’m down to a hard copy of the Sunday paper and The Intercept and Pro Publica for my news....it’s been refreshing.
    I haven't watched one since the 1968 convention. Now that was a convention worth watching. Mugging reporters on the floor, the Chicago police running around having a good time inside the convention halls and outside on the street, the last big-time city boss Mayor Daley hammering the podium about law and order. Since then they have made them so boring, and an arse kissing affair that it makes me barf up my food.

I would have watched some of it if they had given their progressive member the podium. But, they had republicans and neocons talking in their place. Besides any pie in the sky, warm and feely promises they make will be broke after Jan.

I don't know, dude. These conventions are more of a pep rally than anything else. High on fluff, low on substance. They often don't keep their promises anyway once elected. Really, what issues appeal to this larger group that isn't being addressed? If its conservative values, even the elected republicans don't follow that dog anymore. I ask honestly.
    It was the seemingly constant reminder of all these sub groups that are there and the dems keep shoving to the forefront. Blacks, hispanic, gays, way too many young, Indians, immigrants. Very little focus on whites.

Believe me, everyone knows everyone who is out there. We all know everyone counts. We all know the uplifting stories of coming here with nothing yada, yada, yada. The dems just make way too much of a point of it. It sounds phony and pandering.

Tossing Cheeseburger Abrams and John Kerry in our faces does the dems more harm than good. Abrams is just awful and Kerry's tie is long past. I hope we don't get Mr. and Mrs Khan coming back. Amy Klobychur should have been given more time. People see her as an intelligent moderate. Middle class whiteys would listen to her. She got hardly any time at all. AOC is polarizing…Kloby is not.

They ran a good convention but it could have been better. That's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Last DNC rant then I'll disappear again for a week or so...

I am waiting for the democrat cheerleaders to hit the stage. It would be better then some black guy swinging his robe around singing "Something is happening here". Hint. It ain't you, shut up and let the white boy play his guitar.

If they really what to talk about "something is happening here", let's mention what the common Americans are going through in their homes and on the street. I am starting to hate on Democrats as much as I do the Republicans.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast