Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets @ Marlins

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Over/under on Guillorme pitching appearances between now and Sunday: 2
    Thanks for the laugh.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Portobello pitching game one, anyone heard who is pitching game two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Portobello pitching game one, anyone heard who is pitching game two?

It's Lugo which I don't understand to be honest. They pushed deGrom back to tomorrow which means he won't pitch against the Yankees.

I don't like the decision at all. You have to hope Porcello gives you length because Lugo will probably be on a pitch count. Its good they had 5 days off because the bullpen is going to get a work out today.

deGrom should be pitching today.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's Lugo which I don't understand to be honest. They pushed deGrom back to tomorrow which means he won't pitch against the Yankees.

I don't like the decision at all. You have to hope Porcello gives you length because Lugo will probably be on a pitch count. Its good they had 5 days off because the bullpen is going to get a work out today.

deGrom should be pitching today.
    So Lugo starts game one today and Porcello game two? Thatís how it is, right?

Just trying to show some perspective here but, I think it has something to do with wanting to stretch Lugo out ASAP. Heíll be on a pitch count today and the bullpen will be taxed but you have Porcello who will likely give you 6+ something you need with a taxed bullpen and a shortened game.

DeGrom goes tomorrow and you hope he throws a complete game so that the bullpen is good to go on Thursday.

If we used DeGrom and Porcello today, it would end up being Lugo-Gsellman-Lockett? Next in the rotation. Thatís already asking the bullpen to implode.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Nine games in six days. After no games for five days. There will be injuries.

Its indefensible that your ace is not ready to go today ... on his SCHEDULED start day! What a cluster **** of stupidity this organization is. 5 games in 3 days this weekend ... without a rested Jacob deGrom. You just can't make up how incompetent this staff is. As soon as he wasn't announced immediately, I would have bet my life they were going to screw it up.

ESPN says Porcello in Game One and Lugo in the nightcap. Miami has lefties in both games.

DeGrom on Wednesday.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Iím guessing the Mets are crossing their fingers they get innings from Porcello but arenít sure of it. Hope he gives you good distance so that the bullpen can be reserved for Lugoís start and you have a guaranteed masterpiece from DeGrom the day after, resting the bullpen.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Iím cool with pushing deGrom to tomorrow. You donít want to take any chances with his health of all pitchers. We need him to be healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by MuttsCutts View Post
    Is Peterson due to come off the IL by Thursday? Even if so it looks like their pen will be taxed by Sunday. Lugo isn't stretched out so I'd guess he can go 4 at most. They won't press Peterson for more than 4 maybe 5 at most if his pitch count is low. Gsellman and Oswalt are equally as likely to go 2 as they are 5. Matz is the guy that needs to step up and go 6 to give the pen a rest before Sunday's games.
    Welcome to the forum.

Iím not sure exactly. Hopefully Wacha can come off the IL too.

I think you have to pitch deGrom every chance you get... every fifth day. Which is today! Youíre 12-14. Whereís the logic?

How did these three get hurt? Hall bowling in the hotel?

Make that two.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    I think you have to pitch deGrom every chance you get... every fifth day. Which is today! Youíre 12-14. Whereís the logic?
    Same, especially where every game matters even more in an abbreviated season. You also want your best players against the best teams. I'm a lot more confident with deGrom going on Sunday than Lugo (assuming Porcello pitches both doubleheaders).

It really doesn't make a ton of sense.

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast