Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Blackhawks 2020 Offseason Thread

It's probably time to make this.

I'm very upset Bowman was extended. IMO he's done almost nothing to ensure success with this team. His main job was to sustain and put pieces around our core of hall of famers. He's had a few shrewd moves, but for the most part, I think he's the main reason we haven't had sustained success following the cups.

My internal offseason wants.

Re-sign Crawford. Hopefully he's relatively cheap for a starting goalie. No one in the organization can replace him. We let Lehner go for peanuts when we could have re-upped but now his value is likely even higher.

See if there is any way possible to get Seabrook to waive the NTC and eat as little money as possible. I would throw in as high as a 2nd+ other stuff to not eat money. The way his deal is structured, I think it's possible to move him and I think he would waive his NTC if he knew there wasn't a spot here. Arizona? Don't you need to reach the floor for a few more years after the Hossa cap hold runs out?

Dump Debrincat for highest value. He's not a playoff hockey guy. Our roster is totally imbalanced with little dudes who can't win battles. You can't stick him on a line with Kane in the playoffs and expect anything even with Kanes ability.

Re-sign Cagguila if he's not pricy. Love his game, can slide up and down the lineup. Shaw lite.

Kubalik. No idea how this plays out. He may have to have his rights traded because of the awful cap management by Bowman. He's got a great scoring touch, but I'm not convinced he has much defensive ability or awareness outside scoring.

Strome. I think he sufficiently killed his value enough in the playoffs where we can afford to bring him back and expect improvement for a year or 2 before his next unaffordable deal.

Zack Smith. Thank Bowman, another great move. Save 1.3 million for a guy who can't make the lineup but we still owe 3.25. No idea. Cant move this deal.

Koekkoek. Some flaws but I like him on mimimal money as the 6-7th defenseman. Might get let go considering the young guys on defense we have coming.

Maatta. If we can move great. Another awful salary addition by Bowman.

De Haan. If we can move great. Another awful salary addition by Bowman.

Shaw. God I hope he can come back and play a full season. Team needs his spark. But again, just an awful trade by Bowman for awful money.

I'm super down on the team. Bowman has totally failed to surround the core with any semblance of talent or even pieces that compliment. I can't believe he was extended and likely will lead a rebuild after he fails this offseason to do anything noteworthy. The front office is an embarrassment. If Bowman wasn't the son of a legend, he would have been fired 2-3 years ago. It just amazes me he has a job after what he has done here. The only aspect I feel we are superior front office wise is our foreign scouting department.
    Last edited by ds637; 08-17-2020 at 06:46 PM.

I don't want shaw.

I want to keep cat, I think he'll be fine but yes he's been bad.

I think Maata has been one of our best players in the playoffs

I like kubalik's prospects going forward

I'm ready to move on from Crow, despite his fantastic game 4.

Not sure how the cap works for any of this though lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

If you move on from Crow, youíre basically punting the rest of Kane and Toewsís prime years because all the goalie options for the next few years are awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    If you move on from Crow, youíre basically punting the rest of Kane and Toewsís prime years because all the goalie options for the next few years are awful.

Honestly, I wouldnít be surprised if Kane/Toews are on the trading block soon.

Our run has been pretty much over since we got swept by Nashville in 2017. Bowman has ****ed this team with all the deals heís given, and weíre likely looking at a possible rebuild soon. At this point, might as well replenish the prospect pool. Kane will clearly give us the best return out of the two.

And trust me, it hurts to even write that. But itís true.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Honestly, I wouldnít be surprised if Kane/Toews are on the trading block soon.

Our run has been pretty much over since we got swept by Nashville in 2017. Bowman has ****ed this team with all the deals heís given, and weíre likely looking at a possible rebuild soon. At this point, might as well replenish the prospect pool. Kane will clearly give us the best return out of the two.

And trust me, it hurts to even write that. But itís true.
    I donít think they will end up doing that given the ramifications of trading those guys.

Theyíre just in an impossible situation. Bowman completely ****ed it. The only chance is some of these defensemen coming up all becoming gods. Thatís basically it.

I donít think they will end up doing that given the ramifications of trading those guys.

Theyíre just in an impossible situation. Bowman completely ****ed it. The only chance is some of these defensemen coming up all becoming gods. Thatís basically it.

I agree. They probably wonít trade them, but it seems like a better option than letting them waste their last years here on rebuilding teams.

Letís hope their D prospects do pan out, but Bowman really ****ed it up with the contracts. Seabrookís deal is a major killer, and I donít see any other way of them opening space besides trading one or both of Toews/Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I don't want shaw.

I want to keep cat, I think he'll be fine but yes he's been bad.

I think Maata has been one of our best players in the playoffs

I like kubalik's prospects going forward

I'm ready to move on from Crow, despite his fantastic game 4.

Not sure how the cap works for any of this though lol

I like Cat, but not at his money.

I like Maata too, I can stomach his deal if he sticks. Just think he's a bit overpayed as well.

I like Kubalik a lot too, just worried we can't afford him.

We can probably get Crow for a discount. Won't find anyone better on the market that we can afford and have no prospects worth relying on for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I agree. They probably wonít trade them, but it seems like a better option than letting them waste their last years here on rebuilding teams.

Letís hope their D prospects do pan out, but Bowman really ****ed it up with the contracts. Seabrookís deal is a major killer, and I donít see any other way of them opening space besides trading one or both of Toews/Kane.
    I also think they just need a new coach. Obviously some of the roster just isnít good, but itís pretty clear thereís no structure at all with this team. How many times are guys just seemingly lost in our own zone or in transition? How many miscommunications? How many mistakes?

Itís hard to say without being in the locker room, but you almost have to chalk that up to coaching. Itís also apparent the core players donít trust the guy. Listen to Keith talk about his experience on Spittin Chicklets and tell me that sounds like a positive opinion of the coach.

Also, who has developed this season under Colliton? Who got better? You can argue Dach, but he did that on his own during the break in play. Everyone else either plateaued or got worse. That simply CANNOT happen when you have such a young team around the core. They need to develop soon because that can supplement the core guys in these next few years and transition to the next era. We arenít getting that from Colliton.

I also think they just need a new coach. Obviously some of the roster just isnít good, but itís pretty clear thereís no structure at all with this team. How many times are guys just seemingly lost in our own zone or in transition? How many miscommunications? How many mistakes?

Itís hard to say without being in the locker room, but you almost have to chalk that up to coaching. Itís also apparent the core players donít trust the guy. Listen to Keith talk about his experience on Spittin Chicklets and tell me that sounds like a positive opinion of the coach.

Also, who has developed this season under Colliton? Who got better? You can argue Dach, but he did that on his own during the break in play. Everyone else either plateaued or got worse. That simply CANNOT happen when you have such a young team around the core. They need to develop soon because that can supplement the core guys in these next few years and transition to the next era. We arenít getting that from Colliton.

Oh yeah I agree 1000%.

Colliton and Bowman both need to go. ****, Iíll pack their bags right now if need be.

With mcdonough gone, its a perfect time to let go of Stan and JC.

Start fresh. I'd like to keep JT and PK but the team just needs a new direction.

Keith is still impactful in the defensive zone.

Crow is bad now imo, id rather pay someone else. But with the cap situation being an unknown it may be unrealistic.

Click here to register!

I agree 100%

First, our depth has been awful, but Colliton has done nothing to maximize this roster. There's no reason for a team with this many hall of famers and a top 10 goalie to be this bad. I can probably rant for an entire page about how awful we have been since Colliton, and I blame Bowman more than him.

We are in trouble with this leadership. It's like a drug addict and we haven't hit bottom. They're pinning these cups on Bowman and giving him more chances to right the ship.

We are headed to a tear down and rebuild and I would hate to have Bowman lead it. Dale Tallon is available again. The guy who actually laid the structure for all our cup runs while Bowman came in to horribly mismanage salary and the roster.

There going to need those defensemen to be good because pretty much the entire group now sucks. Maata is OK. Keith is still good. The rest pretty bad and I am not very confident in Bovquist.

I think unless Crow is cheap sign someone else on a low-risk prove-it deal. Crow isn't good with his glove or blocker it's amazing he can have performances like G4 and can't control rebounds and dmen don't clear the puck. Vegas had a field day.

But man Kane still is insane. Few good years yet. But the cap is going to keep this team at the low-end and battling for playoff spot the next few years unless like said above the incoming dmen are difference makers.

Multiple reports going around regarding some Blackhawks news:

- 1 report states that the Hawks have offered Crow a 1 yr deal worth $3.5 mil

- Another report states that the Hawks will extend coach Jeremy Colliton after the draft and before next season begins

Don't extend JC.

Bleh.

Click here to register!

How in the world are they justifying a Colliton extension? The only reason I see is Bowman doubling down on his guy. This is it for Bowman. If JC is extended and they are disappointing again, they're both gone.

Was McDonaugh the voice of sanity? I hate the direction of this franchise and front office right now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast