Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Divac & Stojakovic part with Kings

Vlade Divac and Peja Stojakovic are co-nation and mentors of Bogdan Bogdanovic and Nemanja Bjelica and were the reason why Bogdanovic and Bjelica have both joined the Kings in Sacramento.

The two Serbians from Beograd have known each other from kids and are like brothers friends. Bogdanovic is a restricted FA this summer and although Bjelica has a T.O., it will be very difficult, if not impossible to separate the two Serbians.

Bogdanovic has already declined the 13.5M the max of 13.5M Q.O. in order to extend his contract with the Kings, but the Kings still have the right to match any offer he may accept in the open market, but with Divac and Stojakovic parting with the Kings, it seems that for Bogdanovic and Bjelica staying there is rather impossible and therefore a S&T for Bogdanovic packed with Bjelica to the same destination, seems the best choice for the Kings to get back some return.

I think the Bucks will be interested and do have the pieces which would interest Sacramento, but so should be Golden State, Portland, UTAH and perhaps the Celtics too would consider trading Hayward for the two Serbians... could be other destinations too, suggest!

In all honesty, if I was the President of the Magic, I would highly consider firing GM John Hammond and would hire both Divac and Stojakovic as well as I would trade for Bogdanovic and Bjelica.

Orlano certainly has the pieces that would interest the Kings and the two hall of famers being the executives handling GM, would secure the best of Serbian young talent wanting to join the Magic.

send him to the sixers

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    send him to the sixers
    Sixers have nothing but Embiid who would interest the Kings and can't make a S&T for Bogdanovic anyway, because they are over the apron.

I'm not sure most people in this forum have the matureness required to understand what the consequences of this happening can be to the entire league, but I'm sure to those (few) who have the ability to realise what this means, it is a much more impactful to the league happening than AD's trade to the Lakers ever was..

I repeat, for those "who can use their brains..."

EDIT: Remember... Divac wasn't fired, but resigned... Stojakovic followed him in providing his resignation... Bogdan and Bjelica will be asking out (which in return means -and this this the lesser consequence which affects teams only- that GSW are screwed in their attempt to sell Wiggins at a high price)... but the consequences extend further to even affect international policies here...
    Last edited by mouseslept; 08-16-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Keep in mind, this guys dupe account, bucksalis, said that the bucks couldn't keep ersan around because of Turkish/Greece relations and that the two players hated each other because of their nationalities despite no evidence or even rumors indicating that.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Keep in mind, this guys dupe account, bucksalis, said that the bucks couldn't keep ersan around because of Turkish/Greece relations and that the two players hated each other because of their nationalities despite no evidence or even rumors indicating that.
    I thought maybe, but bucksalis had a better command of the english language in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I thought maybe, but bucksalis had a better command of the english language in my mind.
    One question (cause I've seen this in multiple times and couldn't figure it) what is "bucksalis"?

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    In all honesty, if I was the President of the Magic, I would highly consider firing GM John Hammond and would hire both Divac and Stojakovic as well as I would trade for Bogdanovic and Bjelica.

Orlano certainly has the pieces that would interest the Kings and the two hall of famers being the executives handling GM, would secure the best of Serbian young talent wanting to join the Magic.
    Hire the guy that passed on Luka because they didnt want to take the ball out of the hands of a slightly above average starting point guard that is woefully overrated by Kings fans along with all of his other horrible team building moves. Good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Hire the guy that passed on Luka because they didnt want to take the ball out of the hands of a slightly above average starting point guard that is woefully overrated by Kings fans along with all of his other horrible team building moves. Good plan.
    I would agree with you if that was the case, but I'm afraid Vlade did want for the Kings to draft Doncic... It's however a board's decision in which (for the Kings) the owner has the final word (surprise-surprise).

Also... may I remind you that Vlade resigned, he wasn't fired... and this is just after he was extended some 11 months ago into a 4 year contract renewal!

But in any case, nothing can be compared with the Magic... I mean they didn't only missed Giannis back in '13, but they've drafted the 2nd best choice on Victor and then... released him to Indy!

Then they hired Hammond (exactly because he picked Giannis) and he drafted for them... Bamba! ...only because Mo could dribble the ball and had a body which resembled Giannis' one! SGA "went" two or three picks later if I can recall accurately (won't google it to look) and they did so, although the need for a guard was already evident and they had Vooch and Gordon under contract!

How are you going to have your GM not make the call with it instead going to the guy who thought playing 4 on 5 defense was a good plan? Divac was bad at his job but I think even Popovich/Buford couldn’t save the Kings from that idiot.

In any case, despite what one thinks on Divac as an executive, I'm pretty sure that the availability of Bogdanovic and Bjelica in the market as soon as the trade period starts, will attract a lot of interest around the league because there are many teams rosters which can benefit significantly to the extend, that some teams can become title contenders or even advance to become title favourites by adding the two Serbians.

That said, Bogdanovic is a restricted free agent by this off season and therefore, if the Kings don't want to lose him for nothing, they will have to agree on a sign and trade which of course, has its shortcomings in return because then, the Kings can't decide on dealing with the partner who offers the best return for them, but only can deal with the partner which Bogdanovic also approves to be his destination...

Kings are unfortunately likely to always be "that team". And Dumars is the perfect GM to keep them as "that team". They need a GM willing to make major bold strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Kings are unfortunately likely to always be "that team". And Dumars is the perfect GM to keep them as "that team". They need a GM willing to make major bold strokes.
    The thing is that they reached a point where they were capable on challenging the playoffs a season earlier and while during this season, they were expected to be even better, they have returned back to be the 13th team in the West and then for the next season GSW will surely be above them and if the Wolves can also surpass them, they'll end back to the bottom of the league within a couple of seasons!

Now they'll have to part with two out of their starters...

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's identical. Long paragraph posts. Circular logic that starts off with a tiny bit of realism but then spirals out of control. Every statement made is an absolute truth. This will happen, therefore this will also happen. Has a strange obsession with European players. Bucksalis had an obsession with mirotic, who he said could defend the 2-5 and originally wanted to trade middleton for, and said the bucks needed Milos teodosic, who was one of the best pgs in the league. He was previously on one of the bogdanovic boys and now is back on that bandwagon.

There's literally like 6 at most people that post even semi consistently on the bucks forum. The odds of having two guys with unique, virtually identical posting styles showing up is pretty slim.

If it's not him, its another dupe posing as him and trying to imitate his style, which I doubt. Dude already created an account called buckalisson at one point too before he disappeared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast