Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I think Embid value is still high despite the injury history. Not that I know anything hah.

Embid's value is definitely higher than Cousins was IMO. Cousins was coming up on free agency and the Kings weren't actively trying to re-sign him. I also think that the deal for Cousins is better than your proposed deal for Embid. I do think someone would pay more than that for him, probably a lot more.

I do think Harris is worth nothing, not because of who he is as a player, but because he has one of the worst contracts in the league. He's a solid player no doubt, but that contract is an albatross. He was the 3rd option on an underachieving, albeit flawed, team. He's not a super efficient scorer. He's had 1 good defensive season. He's just a jack of all above average with a contract that kills your team.

I think Wiggins value is higher than Harris. His deal is shorter and cheaper. He's younger and I think he may develop more in a good situation while Harris is what he is. Wiggins is awfully overpaid obviously and a letdown of a #1. He's been awful defensively a few seasons, but I think that gets fixed in SF. He's posted seasons defensive ratings seasons higher than Harris ever has already and has the length and athleticism Harris doesn't.
    One thing I will say on Embid..... There is a Rumor that the Heat or the Rockets might go after him. Realistically what is the best deal these two teams might be able to put together for Embid And Why is anything these two could put together for him (obviously without Jimmy or Harden) Considered Significantly greater?

I know Everyone loves Embid. I just think that especially in a guard Driven league Fans overvalue what teams would be willing to pay for a Center. I mean What did Andre Drummond go for again ? I just think its clearly a guard driven league and you could probably get Embid much cheaper than what anyone else would think.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I'm with Goat on this one. Simmons needs the right situation and he hasn't been given that, they just made it worse last offseason.

I think you're looking at this wrong Kyben. Simmons defensively in the right situation would be guarding the 3/4. He's an elite defender and can guard both spots.

He's not my ideal target, but if you could get him while keeping Lavine, White, and Lauri I think it'd be a great starting point.
    I dont deny the Defensive impact that Simmons could have. I just see the only way to succeed with him is to basically play kinda like they do with Harden in you put guys in the corner and make him the offensive initiator. Except obviously Simmons is not the Scorer that Harden is. I just think its a little Crazy how people can look at draft prospects and go that guy cant shoot well I dont want him but then literally Turn a complete blind eye to maybe the worst shooting Wing in the nba.

Like I have stated though. The Bucks are easy to defend because they do not have lights out shooting all around him. And its not like if we aquired Simmons we would all of a sudden have it for him either. And again off ball your basically playing 5v4. The way I look at it. Simmons is like having Rajon Rondo on your roster. We all saw first hand what that does to floor spacing right? I just dont think in todays nba its a smart way build a team... Around a guy who cant shoot. I mean todays even Centers are expected to have better shooting than Simmons has.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    So I was reading one of the pippenainteasy articles about the bulls trading into the top 3 of the draft. One of there ideas I kinda like.

Bulls trade Otto Porter, Gafford, and 4th overall pick and 2nd round pick.

Warriors trade Wiggins, 2nd overall pick.

Helps the warriors save some money after this year, hurts the bulls financial flexibility on getting a star in the following FA class, but I kinda like Wiggins, and obv he fills a need. What r the chances we really get a star in Next years FA class? Or someone better then Wiggins? Plus the bulls can get a better pic this year, Id use it on Wisemen, I personally drool with his upside. I think wed have a realistic shot at the playoffs w good coaching, and wed be young and able to improve.
    I really dont want Wiggins contract..... And Honestly I have been on the idea stating I dont personally see anyone worth trading up for in this draft. That said I could easily see the bulls falling in love with a prospect and wanting to get him. But IDK if i would trade all that to do it either. I like Gafford and the Cap hit on Wiggins Shuts us down for years.

Personally I think you could probably Trade up with the Timberwolves to #1 For a similar deal that the Celtics gave the 76ers. Rumor is they want Obi and they could probably get him at #4. You can probably get it done with a Future 1st too.

-Rem Koolhaas

Would anyone be open to trading for Westbrook? Trading the 4th pick and OPJ for Rus. I believe he would be able to open up the offense and get more out of WCJ and Lauri. Then pickup Grant or Crowder to play the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Would anyone be open to trading for Westbrook? Trading the 4th pick and OPJ for Rus. I believe he would be able to open up the offense and get more out of WCJ and Lauri. Then pickup Grant or Crowder to play the 3.

Yea probably not. Westbrok is not the type of guy I would want. He is extrmeely selfish.... And honestly I cant beleive his body will hold up for much longer anyway being as Athleticism driven as he is.

Honestly I would rather take Chris Paul which says alot IMO.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    One thing I will say on Embid..... There is a Rumor that the Heat or the Rockets might go after him. Realistically what is the best deal these two teams might be able to put together for Embid And Why is anything these two could put together for him (obviously without Jimmy or Harden) Considered Significantly greater?

I know Everyone loves Embid. I just think that especially in a guard Driven league Fans overvalue what teams would be willing to pay for a Center. I mean What did Andre Drummond go for again ? I just think its clearly a guard driven league and you could probably get Embid much cheaper than what anyone else would think.
    No idea how the Rockets or Heat could get him. Mortgage all their future draft picks likely.

I don't love Embid. I hate his game honestly. Gets hurt, chucks 3s at a bad rate, turnovers. Personally think he's pretty overrated, but he's not seen that way in the league.

That said, Drummond and Embid's trade value is nowhere near the same. Drummond is an effective dinosaur in the league. No one wanted him and his contract. His game doesn't fit modern offenses, but he's such a good rebounder and inside player, that he's still effective. Once his contract runs out, watch him sign for midlevel somewhere to chase a ring or get overpaid by a **** team.
    Last edited by ds637; 10-21-2020 at 05:52 PM.

I dont deny the Defensive impact that Simmons could have. I just see the only way to succeed with him is to basically play kinda like they do with Harden in you put guys in the corner and make him the offensive initiator. Except obviously Simmons is not the Scorer that Harden is. I just think its a little Crazy how people can look at draft prospects and go that guy cant shoot well I dont want him but then literally Turn a complete blind eye to maybe the worst shooting Wing in the nba.

Like I have stated though. The Bucks are easy to defend because they do not have lights out shooting all around him. And its not like if we aquired Simmons we would all of a sudden have it for him either. And again off ball your basically playing 5v4. The way I look at it. Simmons is like having Rajon Rondo on your roster. We all saw first hand what that does to floor spacing right? I just dont think in todays nba its a smart way build a team... Around a guy who cant shoot. I mean todays even Centers are expected to have better shooting than Simmons has.
    I don't think you have to do that with Simmons in the right situation. If he's guarding the 4, most other 4s can't guard him. You're getting a mismatch right off the bat. He's not an ideal target for me, I just can see how he could be more effective in a better situation.

Playing a small ball lineup with Simmons as the point 4 doesn't put you at a 5/4 disadvantage IMO. If you're running a lineup where he's penciled in as the PG and you're filling around that, then I agree.

Kyben, did you watch the playoffs? Rondo was the ****. ****ing love how that guy plays, he was so effective most of the playoffs. Playoff Rondo is the best.
    If playoff Rondo can shoot 40% on 3s, why can't Simmons learn to shoot? Simmons not learning to shoot still after all these years drives me crazy. It's your job to play basketball lol.

Also, Jimmy Butler can't shoot a 3 and the Heat overachieved as much as you can with him carrying them and you can't hid Jimmy guarding a 4 like you can Simmons.
    Last edited by ds637; 10-21-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Yea probably not. Westbrok is not the type of guy I would want. He is extrmeely selfish.... And honestly I cant beleive his body will hold up for much longer anyway being as Athleticism driven as he is.

Honestly I would rather take Chris Paul which says alot IMO.
    100%

Chris Paul's game isn't reliant on athleticism, he's a cerebral player. He makes everyone better.

Westbrook is a stat filler not a winner.

Kyben, in our Simmons argument I think Westbrook fits what you were talking about better. You can't hid Westbrook or minimize his deficiencies by having him guard a 4 and you're also taking a wing off the court for a guy who can't shoot.

No Westbrook imo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Hard pass on Westbrook why would anyone even bring that idea up. Weve heard of great players on the court/field who are cancers in the locker room, Russ is a good dude in the locker room but a cancer on the court.

Rockets owners said Russ and Harden aint going anywhere just the other day.

Crazy trade idea, who says no, regardless if the money works. That can be adjusted to make it work.

Zach Lavine to GS for Wiggins and the 2nd pick (other money one way or the other if needed)

Bulls then offer either 4th pick or 2nd pick with Otto Porter to Boston for Jaylen Brown and 14th pick. Just say its the second pick because Boston needs a productive big man (Wiseman/Okongwu)

Bulls if they keep the 2nd pick get anyone that they want that does not go to minnesota

Bulls if they keep 4th pick and trade 2nd pick probably still get the guy they wanted if they stayed at 4 all along with Deni, Hayes, Okoro.

14th pick if the trade 2nd or 4th for Brown. Can be anyone you want. Could be the PG from Bama, the one from UK or a stash player or another big man.
    So White, Brown, at least one top 5 pick, Wiggins, Lauri, Carter

Down side is you get Wiggins contract for Porter basically through different trades and you swap LaVine who I like for Brown who I see a lot of LaVine in but with better defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    Crazy trade idea, who says no, regardless if the money works. That can be adjusted to make it work.

Zach Lavine to GS for Wiggins and the 2nd pick (other money one way or the other if needed)

Bulls then offer either 4th pick or 2nd pick with Otto Porter to Boston for Jaylen Brown and 14th pick. Just say its the second pick because Boston needs a productive big man (Wiseman/Okongwu)

Bulls if they keep the 2nd pick get anyone that they want that does not go to minnesota

Bulls if they keep 4th pick and trade 2nd pick probably still get the guy they wanted if they stayed at 4 all along with Deni, Hayes, Okoro.

14th pick if the trade 2nd or 4th for Brown. Can be anyone you want. Could be the PG from Bama, the one from UK or a stash player or another big man.
    So White, Brown, at least one top 5 pick, Wiggins, Lauri, Carter

Down side is you get Wiggins contract for Porter basically through different trades and you swap LaVine who I like for Brown who I see a lot of LaVine in but with better defense.
    Im extremely high on Lavine. I believe hes close to being untouchable but for Wiggins and # 2 pick. That might be enough. Not sure anyone has a chance of getting Jaylen Brown. Hes their 2nd best player but if we had to start over with that core. Id be onboard.

That trade is awesome for the Bulls and awful for Boston can't give up the best player and get the worst return.

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast