Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

2020 Offseason Trades/FA/Acquisitions Discussion

1st off the pick is 18th overall itís not trash and far from very late also Seth Curry is a good piece , heís been shooting 45% from 3 on decent volume 3 of the last 4 for seasons and the one season he didnít he shot 42% from beyond the arc. Also his Salary wouldnít hamper us from still signing anyone if we become players in 2021 if anything heíll still be a welcome piece for any team a year later. Otto is a soon to be FA who most likely wonít be back after this season , he has hip injury history going back for a couple of years. Wouldnít he surprised if heís dealt mid season . Itís not a loss on all fronts please try again. We can also sign some cheap wing help this offseason like Jae Crowder , Josh Jackson , Wilson Chandler , RHJ , Stanley Johnson , Harkless , not to mention possibly even at 18 where guys like Josh Green , Tyler Bey , Bolmaro , Saddiq Bey will be. Getting a mid 1st rounder back for a guy that prob wonít be with your future and has injury concerns is a good return . Unless you packaging him with another young piece to get a star which I donít Thats the case this season I donít see a reason to let an expiring waste away. But the notion thatís itís a ď trashĒ deal is way off base
    Last edited by Stunner; 10-28-2020 at 07:19 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    1st off the pick is 18th overall itís not trash and far from very late also Seth Curry is a good piece , heís been shooting 45% from 3 on decent volume 3 of the last 4 for seasons and the one season he didnít he shot 42% from beyond the arc. Also his Salary wouldnít hamper us from still signing anyone if we become players in 2021 if anything heíll still be a welcome piece for any team a year later. Otto is a soon to be FA who most likely wonít be back after this season , he has hip injury history going back for a couple of years. Wouldnít he surprised if heís dealt mid season . Itís not a loss on all fronts please try again. We can also sign some cheap wing help this offseason like Jae Crowder , Josh Jackson , Wilson Chandler , RHJ , Stanley Johnson , Harkless , not to mention possibly even at 18 where guys like Josh Green , Tyler Bey , Bolmaro , Saddiq Bey will be. Getting a mid 1st rounder back for a guy that prob wonít be with your future and has injury concerns is a good return . Unless you packaging him with another young piece to get a star which I donít Thats the case this season I donít see a reason to let an expiring waste away. But the notion thatís itís a ď trashĒ deal is way off base
    if seth is a good peice then why dont we view Sato and Thad in the same vein. their contracts are a hinderence in FA. He is basically a bench shooter. not worth sacraficing cap space for.

Im all for the pick. But seriously why would the mavs absorb that cap space. would they not be better using that first to get rid of Hardaway and using cap to find help now?
    Last edited by Kyben36; 10-28-2020 at 07:32 PM.

2020 Offseason Trades/FA/Acquisitions Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    if seth is a good peice then why dont we view Sato and Thad in the same vein. their contracts are a hinderence in FA. He is basically a bench shooter. not worth sacraficing cap space for.

Im all for the pick. But seriously why would the mavs absorb that cap space. would they not be better using that first to get rid of Hardaway and using cap to find help now?
    Tim is an expiring contract this season the same as Otto , both come off the books for their 2021 FA push . Also if Otto stays healthy heís a solid SF and would fit in great with Luka and KP and plays within the system unlike Tim who needs the ball and has a very spotty shot selection . I donít think the mavs are swinging or betting on a star trade this season but some moveable pieces that can help and benefit their 2021 FA push for Giannis and other all stars that period. And if they do come trade deadline they most likely would need big contracts like Tim and Otto for that star . Like I stated Seth contract is not a hindrance and easily moved given his skill set , they just a bench shooter was one of the few only helping Luka In the playoffs . He averaged 13 ppg shooting 59% FG and 47% from 3 logging 28 mpg . heís a quality piece and your underselling his impact in a time where you need shooting . We need to get away from these Ryan Arch of the world. Thad and Sato are making more money than Seth is on their deals I think they should be moved especially Thad who could possibly be of interest for a team like the Clippers who looked into him last season . Tho I think both of these players will be used better those contracts I would like to get moved from who are making over 10 million and keep a player like Seth who skill set has been more consistent over the years and making under 8.5 million . Also not advocating for this deal but if it happened itís a good deal also the mavs rumor is everyone is up for a trade outside of Luka and KP so I was looking for a deal that could possibly help them in the short and long term because yea they give up a mid 1st but gain a player they could use who will be looking to preform in a contract year and cap space
    Last edited by Stunner; 10-28-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122