Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 742
  1. #541
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    28,685
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    And I'm not going to keep arguing with people about the importance of good vets on a team. The Timberwolves and Sixers are good examples of teams with plenty of talent but no vet leadership. There are NO really young teams contending, nor will there ever be, at least half of basketball is teamwork. If you turn the whole team over every 4 years, you'll never win. OKC had all the talent, and kept losing, cause all young guys egos running the squad. Nobody's saying start Korver, but as a 15th man, team leader, and wealth of knowledge, and the ability to step in if needed, he's worth a cheap one year. Or we could trade him and add another 19 year old.

    Hes like an NBA spokesperson, think he's with some other players fighting for civil rights right now. And seems like one of the steadiest guys in the league. The Heat didn't keep Haslem for his skills, but it was worth it to the young guys, most of them have said as much.

    We have 2 players over 30 on this team, and people want to trade them for young players too, leaving us NO vets.
    Ive never Argued against good vets. Idk who has. I do however think Running out and Signing a guy is a bit silly. especially When there may be a 1% chance that AD decides to change his mind and come home and that 5 mil you ran out to spend now cant be moved. To me IDK if anyone was saying we needed to rush out and sign Temple.

    I am also solely arguing against the notion that Korver as a player is an Add. You brought up his 3pt shooting like you expected him to play. He is currently the oldest player in the nba. He was bad defensively in his Prime.

    Would I add Korver as a late bench guy. to replace one of the young Guys like Harrison or Mokoka..... Yes. Would I add Temple similarly..... Yes.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    If we signed Korver, I would really hope he never had to play, he'd be about 4th in our SF depth, behind Porter, Williams, Hutchinson. He's always been bad defensively but he sticks in the league for a reason, he's one of the greatest three point shooters of all time. I think they had Garrett Temple in mind before FA even started. The Bulls weren't going to get a great talent with that 5 mill, so they got what they thought was most important. Kudos to them if they researched the league, looked for who they thought would be a great mentor, team mate, and nabbed him. Our roster is full of guys who need minutes already, Temple should rarely play, since we re-signed Denzel.

    I am looking at our bench of Sato, Denzel, Williams/Hutchinson, Young, Gafford, and wonder where the scoring punch is going to come from. I love White, but if we could bring him off the bench and start Sato, we'd have way more bench scoring and more shots for Lauri and Otto with the starters. Lavine's going to get his, lol.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 11-24-2020 at 02:57 AM.

  3. #543
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,931
    If there werenít any financial obstacles, Houston and Wizards should just straight up trade with eachother.

    Wall + Beal for Harden and Westbrook.

    Would theoretically put Wizards in the playoffs in the East with Westbrook, Harden, Deni, Hachimura and Bryant.

    For Houston, thatís probably the best set of assets you could get player-wise at this point. If they want players and not draft picks of course.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    50,732

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,723
    Bulls could always go after AD or even Brandon Ingram since aren't both guys still on the market

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Bulls could always go after AD or even Brandon Ingram since aren't both guys still on the market
    AD is just considering different max options for the lakers right now.

    I think he may eventually come to the bulls, but that'll be 3,4 years down the road at the earliest imo.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    Bulls don't have any where near enough cap space to go after either. We'd have to move players just for AD to re-sign with Lakers, and Pelicans to match.

  8. #548
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    28,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Bulls could always go after AD or even Brandon Ingram since aren't both guys still on the market
    Ingram is a RFA and the Pelicans will match anything

    AD has a chance to want to come here. I am not holding my breath right now but maybe somebody at thanksgiving talks to him and say hey.... You only have so many prime years left. And how long is Lebron really going to be able to be there realistically?

    The only chance AD has to come to the bulls is deciding to. Then you have two options. 1 is a S&T with the Lakers. Which maybe they take something over nothing. Or we start offloading contracts to make room. Porter Thad and Sato should in theory be enough. IDK where teams stand on cap space and absorbing contracts though at this point.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  9. #549
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    28,685
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Bulls don't have any where near enough cap space to go after either. We'd have to move players just for AD to re-sign with Lakers, and Pelicans to match.
    You could allways get AD to agree and wait to make the actual signing. I would not hold my breath for it though. But I dont think it would be hard to move what we would need to get room to sign AD. OKC would probably be willing to take some for a future pick. NY would probably take Porter JR because they could use a wing. And since he is expiring IDK if anyone would be that hard to move.

    And Like I have said there is a chance the Lakers would just take a S&T for Davis to avoid loosing him for nothing. Porter... Thad.... Sato... Its not a fair deal but at least the lakers can use those peices mid season in a deal. or let them expire and try again next year in FA.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,392
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Example of a team stacking draft picks and steady trading players: Phoenix. Devin Booker has had 80 different teammates in the last 5 years. 80!!! How many Bulls have been here 3 years? Besides Felicio, who we can't get rid of? A losing team WILL NOT attract free agents, I don't know how that's hard to understand? Who wants to join a loser?? A few games could be the difference in making the playoffs, FOR THE FIRST TIME, for most of our players.

    And what pick would you get for Korver at the deadline? A second round pick or very late first that would not play next year!! That's WTF I'm talking about.

    We have six recent first round draft picks, plus Lavine, plus Porter, that's why we're past the keep stacking draft picks part. At some point, you have to pay everybody.
    Phoenix is an example. They haven't drafted particularly well, and haven't really sold out to stack picks either. They did wait it out and make their move for Chris Paul this year. Just don't think they executed that well since Booker took off and Paul isn't going to make them title contenders.


    Sorry if I was a dick in my last post. Rndy didn't like it lol
    Besides Felicio? No one wants that. One of the worst contracts in the history of the Bulls IMO. But he has expiring money now, so maybe he can garner an asset for money. Otto is highly tradeable for picks and cap relief. Big fan of Otto if he can be healthy. Can get rid of Thad, Sato, and more depending how they feel about some of the young guys.

    I don't think a losing team this day in age matters for FAs. It's situational and financial.

    I duno what pick you would get for Korver. Late first is the hope from a contender.

    It doesn't matter how many recent first round picks we have. Every non contender has them. You don't have to pay everyone. You can trade them or let them go if they aren't going to get you deep in the playoffs.

    That's how it works. Look at Boston as a model. Look at the 76ers too(they ****ed the process tho). Stack assets until you can turn them into stars thru the draft/FA/trade.

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,392
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    And I'm not going to keep arguing with people about the importance of good vets on a team. The Timberwolves and Sixers are good examples of teams with plenty of talent but no vet leadership. There are NO really young teams contending, nor will there ever be, at least half of basketball is teamwork. If you turn the whole team over every 4 years, you'll never win. OKC had all the talent, and kept losing, cause all young guys egos running the squad. Nobody's saying start Korver, but as a 15th man, team leader, and wealth of knowledge, and the ability to step in if needed, he's worth a cheap one year. Or we could trade him and add another 19 year old.

    Hes like an NBA spokesperson, think he's with some other players fighting for civil rights right now. And seems like one of the steadiest guys in the league. The Heat didn't keep Haslem for his skills, but it was worth it to the young guys, most of them have said as much.

    We have 2 players over 30 on this team, and people want to trade them for young players too, leaving us NO vets.

    Average age of our starting lineup is 23 years old, and we just drafted a 19 year old rookie. We DO NOT need another rookie.
    You're wrong about the vets. Twolves added plenty over the years, including Taj and DRose. 76ers added plenty as well, big names including Horford, Reddick, Jimmy Butler.

    Denver, Boston, Toronto, Milwaukee were all young teams that contended.

    OKC isn't an example. They never won because Durant left after their first real run.

    Still with you on Korver though.

    You're acting like all rookies are the same. If you get a special one, it sets you up. Saying no more rookies is silly unless we are getting a top player in FA.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    You could allways get AD to agree and wait to make the actual signing. I would not hold my breath for it though. But I dont think it would be hard to move what we would need to get room to sign AD. OKC would probably be willing to take some for a future pick. NY would probably take Porter JR because they could use a wing. And since he is expiring IDK if anyone would be that hard to move.

    And Like I have said there is a chance the Lakers would just take a S&T for Davis to avoid loosing him for nothing. Porter... Thad.... Sato... Its not a fair deal but at least the lakers can use those peices mid season in a deal. or let them expire and try again next year in FA.
    AD is signing with the Lakers, silly to think otherwise. Pretty sure they have bird rights now and he'll just sign when they're finished with FAs.

  13. #553
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    28,685
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    AD is signing with the Lakers, silly to think otherwise. Pretty sure they have bird rights now and he'll just sign when they're finished with FAs.
    NObody has ever left the lakers right? Ohh wait. Dwight Did

    And Nobody has ever walked out on Lebron right... Oh wait.... Kyrie did

    Look im not saying im hopeful.... I am not giving it a high chance of happening. But Do you not admit things have been a bit too quite out there on ADs behalf. the media can say its to decide how long of a contract he wants.... But What if there is more to it. What if he doesnt like being looked at as 2nd fiddle. Which you cant deny no matter what he does in LA as long as Lebron is there its his team. What if he saw D Wade Go home at the end of his career and look terrible and does not want to wait?

    Again. Im not saying I think it happens. Im not holding my breath for it. But Until AD says he is resigning with the Lakers dont you have to... IDK TRY


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    NObody has ever left the lakers right? Ohh wait. Dwight Did

    And Nobody has ever walked out on Lebron right... Oh wait.... Kyrie did

    Look im not saying im hopeful.... I am not giving it a high chance of happening. But Do you not admit things have been a bit too quite out there on ADs behalf. the media can say its to decide how long of a contract he wants.... But What if there is more to it. What if he doesnt like being looked at as 2nd fiddle. Which you cant deny no matter what he does in LA as long as Lebron is there its his team. What if he saw D Wade Go home at the end of his career and look terrible and does not want to wait?

    Again. Im not saying I think it happens. Im not holding my breath for it. But Until AD says he is resigning with the Lakers dont you have to... IDK TRY
    It's fun to fantasize until you look at available cap space. No one can sign him for what he's worth. He'll be back on the Lakers next year 100%. Might be a 1 year deal, but he's not going anywhere.

    AD has no leverage even if he wanted to leave. How would he even get to the Bulls this year? Sign and trade with Otto picks and other ****? OK, LA says no because AD has no leverage and they have a very good shot to win next year even knowing AD leaves after.

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    50,732

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •