Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I honestly can't tell if TG11 is trolling us or if he is this oblivious?
    The ONLY THING I can think is maybe he sees Wendell as too small for the NBA C.... which makes very little sense to me. People see Wendel at 6'9..... And say he is too small. Meanwhile Joakim at 6'11 and Adams at 7 ft means they can play Center

People need to wake up and realize that Height is not everything. Wendell has a standing reach of 9'1"..... Joakim Noah 8'10.5" and Adams 9'1.5.

Wendell has plenty of size especially in todays nba where there is a true lack of 7 ft monsters like Embid and Jokic. I mean were people not just crying over Bam being great (which he is) And wanting Okongwu.

Wendell is not as bouncy as those two but size is comparable. And When you see how he has gotten away with Adams who is similar athletically to wendell IDK why people would see Wendell as a problem for Billy D.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I didn't realize Kawhi had a player option for 2021. If they fail again next year, I expect him to opt out. If I'm us, I'm using 2020 as year to grow the White/Lavine pair, and I'm going after Giannis and Kawhi with every ounce of energy and money we have.

Whatís our cap space looking like right now for 2021? Will we have 2 max slots available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be extremely flexible that next summer. Felicio is off the books. Otto's contract expires. Thad and Sato can be bought out for 6 & 5 Million respectively. We have team options on Wendell/Arci/Hutch. Lauri will be up for an extension. I think our FO is smart enough to not sign anyone long term this summer.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    What are peoples oppinions of Dennis Schroder? He is a little more affordable than Chris Paul and expires in 2021 meaning he would line up well with the cap space we already have coming off with otto Porter.... and Felecio. he has some experience with Billy Donovan.

If the Thunder do tank (which it seems likely given they gave up Donovan... and will likely loose Galo in FA. I wonder what it would take to get him.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    What are peoples oppinions of Dennis Schroder? He is a little more affordable than Chris Paul and expires in 2021 meaning he would line up well with the cap space we already have coming off with otto Porter.... and Felecio. he has some experience with Billy Donovan.

If the Thunder do tank (which it seems likely given they gave up Donovan... and will likely loose Galo in FA. I wonder what it would take to get him.
    Schroder on the Bulls works but then if you have him as your PG...then that means Coby would have to shift over to the 2 and play SG but then Lavine plays the 2 so then what? Unless Lavine plays the 3 but Lavine is no small forward unless you have Schroder in a 6th man role and he comes off the bench

Pass on Schroeder

Schrodes is a solid 6th man. Opposing defenses donít get the chance to rest on a bad offensive PG off the bench. I watched and live bet a lot of Thunder games late, because they always made big runs. He was a big reason for many of those.

2020 Offseason Trades/FA/Acquisitions Discussion

Rather still swing for Paul if you donít have to give up a 1st; offer Otto and Felicio and a future 2nd. If not move on

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Rather still swing for Paul if you donít have to give up a 1st; offer Otto and Felicio and a future 2nd. If not move on
    Wouldnít that take us out of the running for a max guy in 21?

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Wouldnít that take us out of the running for a max guy in 21?
    More than likely, since I don't see Paul opting out of 44 Million, but if he really cared about winning, that would be a smart idea.

Lets just say we did get Paul, and he did decided to opt out and restructure his contract in 2021, here's how I would go about it:

Trade Otto/Felicio/2021 1st for Paul
    Trade back in this draft for a lower lottery pick in 2020 and a 2021 1st and take Okoro

Roll out a starting 5 of:

Paul/Lavine/Okoro/Lauri/Wendell
    White/Sato/Hutch/Thad/Gafford

In 2021 Paul Restructures deal. Sign Giannis. Decide who is more important to the future between Lauri and Wendell. I actually like Giannis and Lauri together. Surround Giannis with shooters since that's not really his thing. Paul takes pressure off of everyone. Lavine doesn't have to do to much, and will get open looks with Paul running the show. White can learn from Paul, while playing the Lou Will 6th man role for us as our main offense off the bench. Teams can't just pack the paint to stop Giannis because Paul, Lauri, Lavine will shoot them out of that. Okoro gives us an athletic defensive wing to pair with Giannis's elite defense.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    More than likely, since I don't see Paul opting out of 44 Million, but if he really cared about winning, that would be a smart idea.

Lets just say we did get Paul, and he did decided to opt out and restructure his contract in 2021, here's how I would go about it:

Trade Otto/Felicio/2021 1st for Paul
    Trade back in this draft for a lower lottery pick in 2020 and a 2021 1st and take Okoro

Roll out a starting 5 of:

Paul/Lavine/Okoro/Lauri/Wendell
    White/Sato/Hutch/Thad/Gafford

In 2021 Paul Restructures deal. Sign Giannis. Decide who is more important to the future between Lauri and Wendell. I actually like Giannis and Lauri together. Surround Giannis with shooters since that's not really his thing. Paul takes pressure off of everyone. Lavine doesn't have to do to much, and will get open looks with Paul running the show. White can learn from Paul, while playing the Lou Will 6th man role for us as our main offense off the bench. Teams can't just pack the paint to stop Giannis because Paul, Lauri, Lavine will shoot them out of that. Okoro gives us an athletic defensive wing to pair with Giannis's elite defense.
    What do you mean by restructuring his deal? Because CP3 has made it clear quite a few times he's not taking less and he's the president of the players union. I like cp3 and he's aged well and with his skill set that doesn't only rely on athleticism he will likely continue to age well. But that's a lot of money for a not championship ready team so i'd hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    What do you mean by restructuring his deal? Because CP3 has made it clear quite a few times he's not taking less and he's the president of the players union. I like cp3 and he's aged well and with his skill set that doesn't only rely on athleticism he will likely continue to age well. But that's a lot of money for a not championship ready team so i'd hard pass.
    Agreed

Any chance we could swing a deal for Bradley Beal? Would love to see and Lavine ball together.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Any chance we could swing a deal for Bradley Beal? Would love to see and Lavine ball together.

Do you think they would compliment each other? I kind of have some reservations about that not only offensively but defensively. I'd much rather have Beal than Lavine but don't think it would be worth what it would cost replacing Lavine for Beal. I'd imagine we'd be giving up a lot of assets even in a 3 team trade.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast