Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Here is an example just for reference Sake ..

Alex Burks signed a 1 year 6 mil deal with NY

Burks can actually still play at 29. And I know what could be argued... you wanted Temples leadership or Mentorship. But i just beleive you can sign those types of guys onto coaching staffs. guys like Adrian Griffin did that under good coaches.

And again... If you wait who knows what the market ends up like for some of these guys? What if you could land bobby portis once the smoke clears for cheap? Issiah Thomas? Reggie Jackson?
    I get what you are saying. I just wouldn't get too worked up over these 1 year deals. Burks wasn't going to make us a better team. Just like he hasn't made any team he's been on better. Not that Temple will either, but he won't get in the way of developing our youth. We don't know what kind of impact either Temple or Burks has in a locker room, but if I was a betting man, I'd think Temple is the better presence.

2020 Offseason Trades/FA/Acquisitions Discussion

If anything Temple will be a good locker room presence , play solid defense and hit the occasionally 3; prob also moveable contract if a trade arises. Also hes respected so the new bulls of treating well he can spread word

https://youtu.be/qzfJtld75EU

https://youtu.be/n_qRf-CNEE4
    Last edited by Stunner; 11-21-2020 at 07:33 AM.

People don't think sometimes. You trade Thad Young because he wants more minutes. Then Lauri or Pat Williams gets injured. How many games has Lauri missed? Having a somewhat starting caliber replacement, one of the few vets on a very young team, oft injured team, is smart. BOTH our young bigs have spent a lot of time injured, also Porter Jr AND Hutchinson.

And Williams just turned 19 a few months ago!!!!!! Doesn't matter what pick we used to get him, if you have the chance to develop him and still win games because you have Young, can afford to play Williams less minutes, that's good!!!
    Last edited by infinity2152; 11-21-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    People don't think sometimes. You trade Thad Young because he wants more minutes. Then Lauri or Pat Williams gets injured. How many games has Lauri missed? Having a somewhat starting caliber replacement, one of the few vets on a very young team, oft injured team, is smart. BOTH our young bigs have spent a lot of time injured, also Porter Jr AND Hutchinson.

And Williams just turned 19 a few months ago!!!!!! Doesn't matter what pick we used to get him, if you have the chance to develop him and still win games because you have Young, can afford to play Williams less minutes, that's good!!!
    3 ways to improve your roster, trades are one of them. If you can improve or pick up a younger player with potential who fits more long term, why not do it? It's not like this team is ready to compete for a championship. If so, it would make a lot more sense to hold onto Thad. I think you have to give minutes and develop the younger guys. If they get injured, they get injured. It's not like Thad is the difference between winning and losing if Lauri, OPJ, or P. Will go down. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade Thad just for the sake of trading him, but I would like to acquire a pick or young player with potential if possible.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il

we dont know what he is getting traded for yet. Maybe its another PF who will complain less about the role he came to the team for?

I mean How many minutes did a guy who is really a 4 and should not be loging major minutes at the 3 get when your starting Lauri Markkanen?

If he wanted Starter Minutes (closer to 30) Why sign with a team like the bulls with Lauri in place?

Also I know Gafford and Kornett are not ideal but both can handle larger roles in a pinch. Basically as long as we get back a 3 4 or 5 IDK if im worried about the backup minites. We could also allways go smallball too.

I guess what I'm saying is trading Thad is not a necessity. The fact that we're not trying to contend, our main goal now should be development. I know coaches are responsible for development, but good vet teammates help too. Trading Thad for another young asset, that's almost all we have, lmao!! Shuffling teammates every year is not good for anybody, and Thad could be good in Donovan's system. If you're getting two firsts for him, or a great young player, but for a marginal younger player, or a late first I wouldn't personally. He's literally our ONLY big with any real experience, unless you're counting Felicio.

And we really only have 3 bigs that NEED to get real minutes, Young, Markannen, and Carter Jr. There are 96 big man minutes. Even assuming all out bigs stay healthy, which NEVER HAPPENS, he could still easily get 20+ minutes, but we know at least one big will go down for at least some games. Williams will play both forward positions some, probably, and his minutes will go up with the inevitable injuries too. Even when healthy, doubt Carter JR or Markannen play over 30 minutes.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 11-21-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Really hope we're developing Williams for the SF, if he's 225 and just turned 19, expect to him to get to 230-240. If he maintains quickness, he'll be an extremely powerful SF driving and defensively.

One last note: although we're developing and not contending, we still need to win as many games as we can NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our young guys like Lavine, Lauri, Wendell, Denzel, they've lost too many already, never been to the playoffs, and contracts are coming up. And we may be able to make a play in FA, but the team needs to look as good as possible. If you can't get a better RIGHT now player than Thad, it's not worth it. He's great insurance, and he hasn't complained to THIS coach or GM, lol.

And yes, I absolutely think if Lauri goes down, or Wendell and Lauri plays more center, that Thad will help us win games, maybe make the playoffs. That would be great for Donovan's first season and for our young players. We can't keep sacrificing the players we have now, by moving vets for future assets.

I watched George Hill and Rondo talking to some of their young players in the playoffs, on the floor and on the bench, and it really struck me how valuable those kind of guys can be. Welcome to the team, Garrett Temple.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 11-21-2020 at 04:07 PM.

I guess what I'm saying is trading Thad is not a necessity. The fact that we're not trying to contend, our main goal now should be development. I know coaches are responsible for development, but good vet teammates help too. Trading Thad for another young asset, that's almost all we have, lmao!! Shuffling teammates every year is not good for anybody, and Thad could be good in Donovan's system. If you're getting two firsts for him, or a great young player, but for a marginal younger player, or a late first I wouldn't personally. He's literally our ONLY big with any real experience, unless you're counting Felicio.

And we really only have 3 bigs that NEED to get real minutes, Young, Markannen, and Carter Jr. There are 96 big man minutes. Even assuming all out bigs stay healthy, which NEVER HAPPENS, he could still easily get 20+ minutes, but we know at least one big will go down for at least some games. Williams will play both forward positions some, probably, and his minutes will go up with the inevitable injuries too. Even when healthy, doubt Carter JR or Markannen play over 30 minutes.
    I would agree with you and would not look to trade him.... but if he is complaining about minutes IDK if its a good thing to keep him around. Again IDK if he expected starter minutes and if he did thats on him.

I am just not as worried about thad. The notion that he was going to be a vet leader and a guy for our young guys to look up to just does not seem to be true at this point. He seems self centered and worried about minutes instead of worrying about the team and thats not what you want from a veteran.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 11-21-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Maybe it wont be an option.... but If we could trade thad for Paul Milsap in a 1 year S&T deal would anyone really care? Yes Milsap is 34 but your basically brining him in as a backup and Mentor. And he was playing 24 minutes last year but not complaining like a ***** about it

And b4 anyone comes at me with the thats what Temple is... i have no issue with the signing of Temple. But i do have a problem with using your only cap and MLE on him. I have a problem signing him before seeing if a guy like Portis got black balled and would want to come back on a 1 year deal.

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast