Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Hopefully the Bulls will buyout Felicio. Last year of his contract, have to pay him anyway, at least free up the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Hopefully the Bulls will buyout Felicio. Last year of his contract, have to pay him anyway, at least free up the spot.
    Expiring contracts can come in handy for potential trades.

Comments on the following trade scenarios would be appreciated...

1)
    In; Demar Derozan
    Out: Otto Porter jr. , Arch D.,

2)
    In: Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart
    Out: Tomas S, Chandler Hutchinson, Ryan Arch..

3)
    In: Lou Williams, Joakim Noah, M. Kabengele
    Out: T. Satoransky, Luke Kornet (Felicio too if possible)

Still would have assets to look for other positions..

Quote Originally Posted by OoooooBull View Post

1)
    In; Demar Derozan

2)

3)

Donít really see why the Bulls would do 1 or 3 and I donít see why NO would do 2.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by OoooooBull View Post

1)
    In; Demar Derozan

2)

3)

1) Sure. I dont like Demar But its basically our expiring for theirs and he has some good playoff experience with both teams he was with. But why for San Antonio?

2) Yes.... 100% yes. But same question as before why does NO do this?

3) Replace Sato with Thad and maybe.... but idk why they would? Lou is a great 6th man to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Donít really see why the Bulls would do 1 or 3 and I donít see why NO would do 2.
    Bulls would do 1 to get a smaller expiring contract , playoff experienced player (who was the most relied on), Has had much better health the previous three-four seasons. Better question was posed by Kyben36, as to why SA would do it. SA would be enticed by a new relationship while an experienced player who can be an asset with their young guys and not be the sole go to and Demar was for them.

As for three, the Bulls would get added scoring and vet leadership. Also, Coby is provided the opportunity to step into the leadership position that is expected for him to fill. Lou would give better flow to the second rotation which, I imagine, should consist of interchangeable guards that could bring the ball up. Joakim would serve as the lead vet for the front court as he has previous experience with the city/team and new coach. It's hard to argue against the value of the energy and mentoring that he could bring to the younger guys especially with the previous details mentioned. LA would benefit in getting a more versatile/lengthier guard compared to P. Beverley and they get a stretch big, a dept. they are lacking in. Giving them another expendable big in Felicio would just be a + for the bulls.

Option two, I admit is much harder to justify from the NO position. Best bet would be T. Satoransky is viewed as a better shooter and fit to new guard bledsoe, plus a young foward.

I don't really feel the need to trade Sato. I think he's a solid role player, does a lot of things well, is a good distributor, an oversized smart guard, shoots pretty good from distance, and he can play the 1-3. I don't think his contract will get in the way of us landing a big FA. Thad is the vet to move. I'd like to keep Sato around even when his contract is up. He probably won't cost the same at that point.

I think we will be heavily active trading this year near the deadline. Sato/Felicio/Porter/Thad all give us a great opportunity to facilitate trades at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I think we will be heavily active trading this year near the deadline. Sato/Felicio/Porter/Thad all give us a great opportunity to facilitate trades at the deadline.
    I'm hoping Thad can find some success in Billy D's system, that way at the deadline we can try to steal a young asset or draft pick for him.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839