Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1752
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    2 months ago yes. Now I kinda think hed help sell us on a free agent. He makes our bench so damn good. You can honestly go hard after a PG or Center and start him at the 4, and wed be a winning team. I think Lauri is the trade piece. If you take out Thad, and insert Lauri, which team is better? That answer is easy.

You can honestly argue that Thad is playing better than Draymond green right now. Green is obviously a better distributor, and a great defender, but Green also is shooting 30% from the field. Thad is pretty good defending in his own right, and his distribution has been plenty good. All while shooting 59%. Speaking of Dray, Kerr publicly called him out last night. Deservedly so. You cant get a double tech up 2 to give the opponent 2 free throws and the ball. What an idiot. You can tell Dray cant handle this being on an average team gig
    Draymond is the most overrated playing in the past like 20 years. Can't stand that fool. He got away with all his cockiness and attitude before cause he was on a great team.

People didn't call him out for his massive deficiencies in his game because he was on a great team. He did nothing to improve almost his entire career. Now his team isn't good enough to cover all his massive flaws and his game has almost no value if that isn't the case. The best is they felt obligated to max him because he grabbed the ladder on the back of the bandwagon for a bunch of titles.

Like, congrats on the assists passing to Steph, Klay, KD your whole career, great job. 1/3 of his assists this year come from passing to the greatest shooter of our generation. Coattails getting heavy.
    Last edited by ds637; 02-21-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Draymond is the most overrated playing in the past like 20 years. Can't stand that fool. He got away with all his cockiness and attitude before cause he was on a great team.

People didn't call him out for his massive deficiencies in his game because he was on a great team. He did nothing to improve almost his entire career. Now his team isn't good enough to cover all his massive flaws and his game has almost no value if that isn't the case. The best is they felt obligated to max him because he grabbed the ladder on the back of the bandwagon for a bunch of titles.

Like, congrats on the assists passing to Steph, Klay, KD your whole career, great job. 1/3 of his assists this year come from passing to the greatest shooter of our generation. Coattails getting heavy.
    I agree in a way, but his defense isn't overrated. He alone changed how teams view the PF position. I do agree that he road the coattails of 3 of the best shooters in NBA history to rack up assists, and hide the fact that outside of passing, his offense is worthless. But if you do have a couple shooters around him, he's pretty damn effective

1 small trade option we could explore at the deadline:

Cavs Get:
    Hutch and Kornet

Bulls Get:
    McGee

Neither team loses anyone that will be involved in their future plans, and the Cavs get a flier on a young lost Wing.
    We get a big man for 12-17 MPG that can rim run and block some shots.

A bigger trade we could explore at the deadline:

Kings Get:
    Lauri
    Valentine
    Gafford
    Bulls 1st (Top 4 Protected 2021 & Unprotected 2022)

Bulls Get:
    Holmes
    Haliburton

Kings will end up with our pick in the 10-15 range, and their own pick in the top 10 likely. They can use both or try to use them to move up in the lottery. They will have a core of Fox/Hield/Barnes/Lauri/Bagley and 2 potential lottery picks in 2021.

Our 10 man playoff group:

Haliburton/Lavine/Pat/Thad/Carter
    Sato/Coby/Temple/Otto/Holmes

Haliburton: Efficient Shooter, Great Passer, Solid Handles, Lengthy Defensive PG
    Lavine: Elite Scorer from all 3 levels. Big shot taker big shot maker.
    Pat: 3 and D, pesky versatile defender, fast improving rebounder who gets big for boards.
    Thad: Point Forward, Veteran Leader, Pesky Defender, Versatile
    Carter: Decent Rim Protector, Solid touch from 15 and in.

Sato: Smart Floor General Pass 1st PG, putting up solid %'s.
    Coby: Bench Spark Plug. Instant offense with a lesser role that should improve his game.
    Temple: Veteran bench leader. Good defender that can guard 1-3 depending on the matchup.
    Otto: If he ever comes back, he'd be a solid shooter off the bench and he was rebounding pretty good.
    Holmes: Energetic defensive bench big. A poor mans Harrell Offensively with a little better interior D

This team would be a huge problem for teams in the playoffs.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 02-21-2021 at 05:25 PM.

I agree in a way, but his defense isn't overrated. He alone changed how teams view the PF position. I do agree that he road the coattails of 3 of the best shooters in NBA history to rack up assists, and hide the fact that outside of passing, his offense is worthless. But if you do have a couple shooters around him, he's pretty damn effective

Totally, he's a great defender when engaged in the game and that isn't overrated.

I disagree he changed the game. Game was already trending smaller. If anything Pop and by extension Kerr changed the game by actually playing players to their strengths and achieving great success.

It's not really just about surrounding him with shooters. You literally need multiple guys who can draw double teams on offense in order for him to be effective. Like, he wouldn't be effective with a bunch of different sized Seth Curry's out there.

Totally, he's a great defender when engaged in the game and that isn't overrated.

I disagree he changed the game. Game was already trending smaller. If anything Pop and by extension Kerr changed the game by actually playing players to their strengths and achieving great success.

It's not really just about surrounding him with shooters. You literally need multiple guys who can draw double teams on offense in order for him to be effective. Like, he wouldn't be effective with a bunch of different sized Seth Curry's out there.
    What he did was make slow footed, slow hands PF's worthless against the Warriors. He'd consistently smack the ball away from them, and take them out of games. He does it to Centers too. I think we mostly agree On Green though.

Cavs Get:
    Hutch and Kornet

Bulls Get:
    McGee

Neither team loses anyone that will be involved in their future plans, and the Cavs get a flier on a young lost Wing.

Kings Get:
    Lauri
    Valentine
    Gafford

Bulls Get:
    Holmes
    Haliburton
    McGee I could take or leave it. If we could do a deal like the 2nd one, then it's worth trading for McGee. Otherwise, McGee is probably a buyout candidate who wouldn't pick us. Would rather give Hutch one more camp if there aren't bigger moves coming.

Don't think that gets it close to done for Haliburton though. Not really much value in that trade for the Kings considering it likely puts us in the playoffs.
    Last edited by ds637; 02-21-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Think the Draymond Green/Steph Curry pick and roll ranks as the most effective in the league. Y'all are bashing Draymond too hard, his presence lets Steph play off ball, which is incredibly dangerous. Defense and toughness are staples that make the whole team tougher. His effect is way more than his stats.

On another note, what teams actually NEED an effective Lauri? Contenders we could get good value from. Portland is the first to come to mind, San Antonio maybe, Boston could use him, they really don't have good bigs, he'd fill a need on the Heat and they have surplus wings. Anyone else come to mind?

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Think the Draymond Green/Steph Curry pick and roll ranks as the most effective in the league. Y'all are bashing Draymond too hard, his presence lets Steph play off ball, which is incredibly dangerous. Defense and toughness are staples that make the whole team tougher. His effect is way more than his stats.

On another note, what teams actually NEED an effective Lauri? Contenders we could get good value from. Portland is the first to come to mind, San Antonio maybe, Boston could use him, they really don't have good bigs, he'd fill a need on the Heat and they have surplus wings. Anyone else come to mind?
    Warriors and Portland could use a shooting big for sure. I think Dray is really damn good, but it's undeniable that without Steph and Klay, he wouldn't have had quite the illustrious career. That's just a fact. Defensively and Passing wise, he's one of the best bigs to do it. The Assists are just a little inflated because of who he was passing too. Scoring wise, he's basically a hustle scorer. Nothing else is efficient shooting wise.

McGee I could take or leave it. If we could do a deal like the 2nd one, then it's worth trading for McGee. Otherwise, McGee is probably a buyout candidate who wouldn't pick us. Would rather give Hutch one more camp if there aren't bigger moves coming.

Don't think that gets it close to done for Haliburton though. Not really much value in that trade for the Kings considering it likely puts us in the playoffs.
    I'd include a future lottery protected 1st as well. Just to get the perfect PG. I don't care if it's a bad look. If we did that deal, with maybe a 2023 lottery protected, that would probably be a 20+ with the team we will have by then, it'd be worth the trade. And I think with Lauri and 2 picks, they give us Haliburton. That kind of PG doesn't grow on trees. Sure we can go the vet route, but that is going to be expensive. We could go the Ball route, but that will also be expensive next season, and Haliburton is going to be better than Ball.

Talking about Cs. Someone please inform Billy Donovan that playing Kornet over DG is idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post

Meh, if I'm reading the stats right, it's basically anyone who runs it with Steph. Wiseman/Paschall are better as the screener this year. I think there are plenty of guys who could let play Steph play off the ball, and a lot of them could probably shoot league average for 10% of the money. Defense is all I really give him. He's a slight worse, higher paid Rodman IMO.

I can't really think of anyone who really needs him enough to send us anything very valuable, which sucks.

Who said he's a bench player... Just last year he was playing 30min per game and averaging a double double. It would be better to get rid of wendell now due to not being a center anchor the bulls need and also health wise. You gett parker who has some upside to him especially if you put him in a system like donnavon's. You have currently on the bulls hutch and otto that haven't played at all basically, they would still be there to trade. Everyone here talks about attracting a big name player. How will you do that if you don't make somewhat of a run in the playoffs this year, and wendell i don't believe will be able to do it. It's laughable to think people here believe the bulls have a chance at getting someone like kahwai , canada was basically offered to him on a silver platter and he didn't take it.

You get whiteside who last year was playing starting minutes averaging a double double. And still have may pieces to trade going forward. Id take jabari's upside over a no playing hutch and absent otto. Who you still could trade.

Draymond Green won DPOY, lmao! You're going to get a player for 1/10 his salary that playsdefense at that level, and is a superior playmaker? Doubtful, and certainly not easily. He's a better shooter than Rodman by far, I watched most of the Bulls games during the Rodman era, trust me, his shot was waaaaaaaay worse, and Draymond's a better defender on smaller players in P and R. Rodman beats him in rebounding and big man defense. Playmaking is not even close. His offensive impact is far greater than Rodman's, honestly the only reason people think about Rodman at all is because he won with the Bulls and was NEVER asked to score. He literally played with the greatest scorer of all time, and still didn't touch Draymond's assists!! Yeah, Draymond's stats are boosted from playing with Steph and Klay, but tons of HOF big men played with All-Star scorers and never came close to his assists numbers.

Let's be real, no defensive player wins without scorers around them, I guess Gobert is garbage too. Just laughed my ***** off thinking what Rodman's FG% would be if he was asked to shoot 3-4 3pt'ers a game.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 02-21-2021 at 10:36 PM.

Cavs Get:
    Hutch and Kornet

Bulls Get:
    McGee

Kings Get:
    Lauri
    Valentine
    Gafford

Bulls Get:
    Holmes
    Haliburton

Kings will end up with our pick in the 10-15 range, and their own pick in the top 10 likely. They can use both or try to use them to move up in the lottery. They will have a core of Fox/Hield/Barnes/Lauri/Bagley and 2 potential lottery picks in 2021.

Our 10 man playoff group:

Haliburton/Lavine/Pat/Thad/Carter
    Sato/Coby/Temple/Otto/Holmes

Haliburton: Efficient Shooter, Great Passer, Solid Handles, Lengthy Defensive PG
    Lavine: Elite Scorer from all 3 levels. Big shot taker big shot maker.
    Pat: 3 and D, pesky versatile defender, fast improving rebounder who gets big for boards.
    Thad: Point Forward, Veteran Leader, Pesky Defender, Versatile
    Carter: Decent Rim Protector, Solid touch from 15 and in.

Sato: Smart Floor General Pass 1st PG, putting up solid %'s.
    Coby: Bench Spark Plug. Instant offense with a lesser role that should improve his game.
    Temple: Veteran bench leader. Good defender that can guard 1-3 depending on the matchup.
    Otto: If he ever comes back, he'd be a solid shooter off the bench and he was rebounding pretty good.
    Holmes: Energetic defensive bench big. A poor mans Harrell Offensively with a little better interior D

This team would be a huge problem for teams in the playoffs.
    These are the trades that make no sense whatsoever and is ridiculous to even mention, why would the cavs trade their only active veteran with championship experience for two players with no experience. It seems that you don't think about the other team when proposing a trade.

You second proposed trade is even worse, the king's are going to trade a promising rookie of and there solid center for basically one player that even you have said is terrible defense to go with bagely who you've also said horrible defense.

These are nonsense trades

Page 71 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast