Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 772
  1. #691
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,557

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #692
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,400
    I don't even think I would want Harden at this point. The price will be insane, and he's just not a team guy IMO. Couldn't play with Paul, couldn't play with his boy Westbrook, can't be bothered to play defense. Honestly just don't think he fits on a winning team. You have to structure your roster around him. I don't even think he makes the Nets better considering what they'd have to give up.

    Can't stand guys like him. He's everything wrong with the modern star player.

  3. #693
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    50,754
    Harden to BK

  4. #694
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    50,754
    Oladipo to the rockets

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,511
    Cant wait to see Levert with a green light

  6. #696
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,400
    Holy ****. Rockets cleaned uppppp. They're a better team this year IMO on top of it.

    Unprotected picks 22/24/26. 2024 might be valuable. 2026 probably very valuable.
    Pick swaps in every other draft to 2027. Holy ****. Nets might suck after a 2 year run with these guys.
    Plus the Bucks 2022 pick as a little cherry.

    Unreal haul while getting Oladipo. This will probably get the Nets a title or 2 but the Rockets couldn't have come out better.

  7. #697
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    8,542
    Damn if we wanted to give Billy D and Arty Ammo to draft their own team, we could get a Crap ton for Lavine. Don't wanna do it, but looking at that deal, we'd at least get 3 1st's IMO

  8. #698
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    50,754

  9. #699
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Holy ****. Rockets cleaned uppppp. They're a better team this year IMO on top of it.

    Unprotected picks 22/24/26. 2024 might be valuable. 2026 probably very valuable.
    Pick swaps in every other draft to 2027. Holy ****. Nets might suck after a 2 year run with these guys.
    Plus the Bucks 2022 pick as a little cherry.

    Unreal haul while getting Oladipo. This will probably get the Nets a title or 2 but the Rockets couldn't have come out better.
    I never understand how low 1st round picks in the nba can be considered as valuable. I get it in any other sport. They’re gold in other sports but what are you getting out of picking in the 25-30 slots where BK will be picking for the foreseeable future. I understand what happened to BK last time with the Cs. But that was for aging superstars way past their primes. This team should be title contenders for at least 4 years with Kd and James. Who knows what Kyrie will be doing but those two alone can get it done. Not to mention guys wanting to play with them for cheap


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #700
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    8,542
    So Lauri and Wendell's per36 numbers are pretty damn good this year. They are both playing about 27 MPG a piece.

    Lauri
    23.4 PPG
    9.2 RPG
    1.7 APG
    1.0 SPG
    0.3 BPG
    7.5 FGM
    3.7 3PM
    4.8 FTM
    50.0/47.8/77.8 %'s

    Wendell
    17.1 PPG
    10.4 RPG
    3.6 APG
    0.6 BPG (Disappointing)
    0.4 SPG
    6.3 FGM
    0.4 3PM
    4.1 FTM
    52.5/21.4/72.3 %'s

    The APG progression is exactly what we need to see from Wendell. Lauri needs to keep those shooting numbers up, albeit where they are will take a big dip. At the very least it's positive that Billy D has both guys putting up career numbers in his 1st month coaching them. You have to imagine they'll keep improving, or at least you'd hope so.

  11. #701
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    28,692
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    I never understand how low 1st round picks in the nba can be considered as valuable. I get it in any other sport. They’re gold in other sports but what are you getting out of picking in the 25-30 slots where BK will be picking for the foreseeable future. I understand what happened to BK last time with the Cs. But that was for aging superstars way past their primes. This team should be title contenders for at least 4 years with Kd and James. Who knows what Kyrie will be doing but those two alone can get it done. Not to mention guys wanting to play with them for cheap


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You say it in your own post and you dont even realize it. You say 4 years but the Rockets got 6 years worth of picks back. Nobody knows how this team is going to coexist, in fact I would be willing to bet it looks worse than it does on paper because you cant have 3 guys who need the ball in their hands to function. Somebody is taking a back seat and none of them IMO have the ego to handle it.

    I mean just looking at what that team will look like in 5 years.

    Kyrie will be 33
    Durrant 37
    Harden 36

    Under the impression they are still on the same team (because I could surely envision somebody being unhappy and demanding a trade)

    I mean looking at it statistically how many players do you think make the allstar game above the age of 34 in the last 10 years? Highlighted are the guys who made it over the ages that KD and Harden will be

    D Wade 34 37
    Paul Peirce 34
    Lebron James 34 35
    Allen Iverson 34
    Pau Gasol 34
    Kevin Garnett 34 36
    Kobe Bryant 34 35 36 37
    Tim Duncan 34 36 38
    Dirk 35 36 40
    Ray allen 35
    Nash 36 38
    Kidd 34 36

    And if you look closer at the guys highlighted years. Its not like Many really deserved allstar games.

    Wade at 37 was a going away party. 15 ppg aint special
    KG at 36 was a 15 ppg player
    No surprise but Kobe is one of the few exceptions who played well at 36 (22ppg) but by 37 it droped down (17ppg)
    Duncan was no longer a 20 ppg guy at 36 (17.8ppg) and 38 (14ppg)
    Dirk at 36 (17ppg) and 40 (7.3) wasnt that great anymore
    Nash was OK at 36 (16.5 and 11) but by 38 he was kinda fried (12.5 and 10)
    Kidd at 36 (10.3 and 9)

    So in reality there might be like 2 examples in the past 10 years of Kobe at 36 and Nash at 36 that might have deserved to be allstars at that age. but you can tell alot of guys at that point make it off their past not their present. IDK what the future holds for the Nets. But If you think KD and Harden will be 30 ppg KD and 30-10 Harden I think your dreaming. I wonder how Kyrie will hold up too at age 33. As you can tell not many allstars making it at the PG position later in age. And the ones who do were extremely talented passers and that Kyrie isnt.

    So in theory the Rockets traded Harden for Oladipo and potentially 2 (or more) top 10 first round picks when that team declines. Yes a bunch of them will end up being in the late 20s. But Those Picks in 2025-26-27 could be really good picks by the end of it.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 01-14-2021 at 05:44 PM.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  12. #702
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    50,754
    Oladipo prob getting flipped again he doesn’t want to be in Hou still aiming for Miami .

  13. #703
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,738
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    So Lauri and Wendell's per36 numbers are pretty damn good this year. They are both playing about 27 MPG a piece.

    Lauri
    23.4 PPG
    9.2 RPG
    1.7 APG
    1.0 SPG
    0.3 BPG
    7.5 FGM
    3.7 3PM
    4.8 FTM
    50.0/47.8/77.8 %'s

    Wendell
    17.1 PPG
    10.4 RPG
    3.6 APG
    0.6 BPG (Disappointing)
    0.4 SPG
    6.3 FGM
    0.4 3PM
    4.1 FTM
    52.5/21.4/72.3 %'s

    The APG progression is exactly what we need to see from Wendell. Lauri needs to keep those shooting numbers up, albeit where they are will take a big dip. At the very least it's positive that Billy D has both guys putting up career numbers in his 1st month coaching them. You have to imagine they'll keep improving, or at least you'd hope so.
    I personally really like seeing the uptick in assists from Wendell. He was a good passer coming out and Boylen never really used him as one. The lack of blocks is discouraging though. Should be a solid 1+ per game from him.

  14. #704
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,331
    Think 1 of the picks is a Cavaliers pick, should be valuable. But 3 firsts and 3 pick swaps is insane, even if they're not lottery picks. There are stars drafted outside the lottery every year, and you just got 6 shots,plus your own picks in 3 of those years. They're useful for trade capital too, and they already have Wall and got Oladipo out of the deal. No way Harden, Kyrie, and Durant all stick for more than three years, and they will be the most over paid 3 piece in the league in 4 years if they keep them all. Depending on where the Rockets draft at the three years they have two picks, they may be able to move up to top 5-10 combining the two picks. Getting Oladipo really helps too, you're set at PG and SG for awhile.

    Honestly, does anyone expect Kyrie and Harden to work? Both asked to be traded from ball dominant co-stars. Kyrie wants to be number 1, now he's Alfred, not even Robin, lol. Two years, max.

    Worse, the Nets ALREADY had enough talent to win a championship, and sold their depth and their future, Jarret Allen, Levert, and all those picks. For what???? Having two top 10 scorers wasn't enough?
    Last edited by infinity2152; 01-14-2021 at 08:47 PM.

  15. #705
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    28,692
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Think 1 of the picks is a Cavaliers pick, should be valuable. But 3 firsts and 3 pick swaps is insane, even if they're not lottery picks. There are stars drafted outside the lottery every year, and you just got 6 shots,plus your own picks in 3 of those years. They're useful for trade capital too, and they already have Wall and got Oladipo out of the deal. No way Harden, Kyrie, and Durant all stick for more than three years, and they will be the most over paid 3 piece in the league in 4 years if they keep them all. Depending on where the Rockets draft at the three years they have two picks, they may be able to move up to top 5-10 combining the two picks. Getting Oladipo really helps too, you're set at PG and SG for awhile.

    Honestly, does anyone expect Kyrie and Harden to work? Both asked to be traded from ball dominant co-stars. Kyrie wants to be number 1, now he's Alfred, not even Robin, lol. Two years, max.

    Worse, the Nets ALREADY had enough talent to win a championship, and sold their depth and their future, Jarret Allen, Levert, and all those picks. For what???? Having two top 10 scorers wasn't enough?
    I think the defense is going to be crazy bad too. I get why people think they are some super team... but how many super teams really even have a 6 strait year run. The spurs did sure. Like people want to think everything will work perfectly but we have seen the Warriors fall from stardom already right? They dont look like close to the same team anymore. Partially due to injury but its not like KD or Kyrie were not just out due to injury last year or anything.

    Those picks could end up being in the 20s.... teens or top 10. you never know year to year. But the nets will have an impossible time building around them too now.

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •