Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 105 of 121 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1804
    Quote Originally Posted by chisox721 View Post
    Hes an awful defender.
    So was Dirk Nowitzki.

Teams have been shredding him in PnR for damn near 10 years. This reminds me of the Gasol signing. Big name, great offensively and cant defend a mailbox.

I guess my main worry isn't really the cost, it's the next move. Taking Aminu really hurts free agency. If we keep Thad, we have minimal space and we are still a bit away. This is our last offseason to make **** happen with actual cap room before a Lavine extension.

I think we need to dump Thad if there's a 1st out there. We're going to need a bit more maneuverability to get the final pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    So was Dirk Nowitzki.
    Oh so were comparing Vuc to Dirk now? Ok cool

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I guess my main worry isn't really the cost, it's the next move. Taking Aminu really hurts free agency. If we keep Thad, we have minimal space and we are still a bit away. This is our last offseason to make **** happen with actual cap room before a Lavine extension.

I think we need to dump Thad if there's a 1st out there. We're going to need a bit more maneuverability to get the final pieces.
    No FA would have signed here with how bad the roster is. You bring stars in first and figure out the cap space later.

Forgot quote
    Last edited by mwoodri; 03-25-2021 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Forgot quote

Completely agree

Who were you hoping to land in FA? All the top tier stars re-upped and Kawhi isnít leaving LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lonzo/ Colby/ Arch
    Lavine/ Temple / Valentine
    Pat Will/ Sato/ Brown
    Thad/ Aminu
    Vucevic/ Wagner/ Kornet

Not bad. Defense, versatility, size, shooting, and a ton of unselfish players up and down that roster.

I think a Thad trade only makes sense in the offseason if we need to accommodate a star. Pointless to trade him now unless someone throws a stupid good offer.

Let's be honest, a core of Lavine and Vucevic isn't that exciting...especially when you factor the cost to resign both.

If we want a Free Agent, it's not that difficult to move a 10 million expiring deal. We were only trading Thad if we weren't going for the playoffs. This move signals the opposite. We are trying to improve now.

Thad can hide Vuc's defensive deficiencies.

Also, this Free Agency class might not even be that great. Kawhi will likely reup with the Clippers, and if he doesn't, and we were in play, we'd be able to move the expiring deals to make space. Derozan could still be an option, and again, we can clear space for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    Let's be honest, a core of Lavine and Vucevic isn't that exciting...especially when you factor the cost to resign both.
    Yeah Wendell and Lavine is way more exciting. Love seeing Lavine setting up Carter and then watching him fumble the ball. Just exciting basketball there.

I'd rather take my chances in the draft with our picks and trust the new FO to capitalize on those picks then ride Lavine and Vucevic to a 2nd round playoff exit every year. And that doesn't even factor in the extensions both will require...

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    I'd rather take my chances in the draft with our picks and trust the new FO to capitalize on those picks then ride Lavine and Vucevic to a 2nd round playoff exit every year. And that doesn't even factor in the extensions both will require...
    Good players require big extensions, that should be obvious. And we have been taking our chances in the draft for the past 2 decades and look at us lmao. You want us to draft more Wendell Carter Jrs? Not gonna win anything with that. Getting that first pick is a crapshoot
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    You're way more likeable