Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Is he gonna flip out when he realizes there's about 8 wings on that roster to compete with?

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Only if we had an actual PG or playmaker on the team he’d be great. Good thing for us is there will be some pretty good options in FA for PGs. Not superstars but real good. Lonzo, Jrue, Lowry, Conley etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can only control what we can. I think we fall right in Kispert range in this draft. We can use a true elite shooter who doesn't need the ball in his hands too often to get his. I'm sure we will make a push for one of the Vet PG's, and with all the chatter around the league about Lavine breaking through to stardom, guys are going to want to come here. And we have money this summer!!!

I would entertain a trade with the Nets for Dinwiddie at the deadline this year. I don't see him fitting or being necessary with that Nets roster, and he can't help them this year. Trade them Thad for Dinwiddie. They have no big man Depth, and a vet leader like Thad would be huge for the Nets Title hopes.

Which FA point guard would be the best fit for the bulls? I’ll rank my top 5

Jrue
    Dipo
    Lowry
    Lonzo
    THT/Nunn ( had to give love to my Simeon alumnus)

Didn’t put CP3 on here because I think there’s no way he’d consider us.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Which FA point guard would be the best fit for the bulls? I’ll rank my top 5

Jrue
    Dipo
    Lowry
    Lonzo
    THT/Nunn ( had to give love to my Simeon alumnus)

Didn’t put CP3 on here because I think there’s no way he’d consider us.

I like Oladipo, but wouldn’t we see the same complaints about Coby and Zach with him when it comes to no being a pure PG? Granted his defense is on a different stratosphere. I think if you can land a veteran PG on a shorter cheaper deal, and throw a Max at Kawhi, you go that route. Personally even without landing a pure PG, Kawhi makes us a title contender.

I'd try to do a Lonzo/White trade this season. Both players fit better on the other team. We could really use Lonzo's defense, size and playmaking, and the Pelicans have a PG in Bledsoe and can play Coby as a scorer. I think Lonzo could really help Lauri and Wendell get easy baskets in particular and Lavine and Williams in transition.

Lonzo value so low we prob get him for Denzel

I'd throw a first in with Denzel, and keep Coby if they go for that, lol. We could use Lonzo more than another rookie who's going to need years to get ready. Biggest negative on Ball is he'll be a RFA, but he shouldn't command a huge price tag, lots of good PG's in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Lonzo value so low we prob get him for Denzel
    Probably not that low, but yeah, I don't think you'd have to move Coby to get him.

A guy I'd consider is Jalen Brunson. He's been a very solid backup to Luka, can shoot it, low turnovers, and doesn't need to be high usage next to guys like Zach, Coby, whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    I'd try to do a Lonzo/White trade this season. Both players fit better on the other team. We could really use Lonzo's defense, size and playmaking, and the Pelicans have a PG in Bledsoe and can play Coby as a scorer. I think Lonzo could really help Lauri and Wendell get easy baskets in particular and Lavine and Williams in transition.

1000% against that trade

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    1000% against that trade
    Reasoning? White'sa better scorer, but shows little interest on defense, has relatively short arms which would hinder defensive growth, and is an inferior playmaker by far to Lonzo. My only objection would be that Lonzo's contract is up sooner, so Coby will be cheaper longer, but as long as we have Lavine, I'd prefer Lonzo. And I prefer Lavine over White.

Lonzo is still a very young PG with room to develop, but his natural defensive length and floor vision can't taught.

Even if Coby becomes an adequate playmaker, do you ever see him being a plus defender? There are a lot of great PG's in the league to guard every night.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Reasoning? White'sa better scorer, but shows little interest on defense, has relatively short arms which would hinder defensive growth, and is an inferior playmaker by far to Lonzo. My only objection would be that Lonzo's contract is up sooner, so Coby will be cheaper longer, but as long as we have Lavine, I'd prefer Lonzo. And I prefer Lavine over White.

Lonzo is still a very young PG with room to develop, but his natural defensive length and floor vision can't taught.

Even if Coby becomes an adequate playmaker, do you ever see him being a plus defender? There are a lot of great PG's in the league to guard every night.
    Mainly because Coby White is playing like Jamal Murray and the rumor is Lonzo could be dealt. What makes you think Lonzo is worth White today.

I mean today per 36 which is better

16.7 ppg
    6.3 apg
    3.0 TO
    5.2 RPG

Or

13.6 ppg
    5.0 apg
    3.0 TO
    4.2 rebounds

Coby is also shooting a better % from the feild and is 2 years younger?

And don't get me wrong i like and would take lonzo.... But its like trading Jamall Murray for Ricky rubio IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Mainly because Coby White is playing like Jamal Murray and the rumor is Lonzo could be dealt. What makes you think Lonzo is worth White today.

I mean today per 36 which is better

16.7 ppg
    6.3 apg
    3.0 TO
    5.2 RPG

Or

13.6 ppg
    5.0 apg
    3.0 TO
    4.2 rebounds

Coby is also shooting a better % from the feild and is 2 years younger?

And don't get me wrong i like and would take lonzo.... But its like trading Jamall Murray for Ricky rubio IMO
    Lonzo has been playing with another PG on the floor the last few years, his assist numbers would be higher not playing next to Jrue Holiday or Bledsoe, at least imo. Trade doesn't have to be straight up, Coby's contract and youth mean we might be able to snag a pick out of them. Lonzo's only 23, lmao! Jamal Murray made his leap at 23. His best is yet to come, and shooting is the easiest skill to improve. Best time to get a player is when his value is down, ala Spenser Dinwiddie.

We have homer bias, nobody's trading us Jamal Murray for White even if we threw in a first, he's not Jamal Murray yet, we're expecting him to get better. Why not think Lonzo can get better at 23? We definitely need passing and defense more than shooting at our PG spot, with this team as it is. Lavine, Lauri and Williams/OPJ can carry the scoring load.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 01-23-2021 at 10:25 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Lonzo has been playing with another PG on the floor the last few years, his assist numbers would be higher not playing next to Jrue Holiday or Bledsoe, at least imo. Trade doesn't have to be straight up, Coby's contract and youth mean we might be able to snag a pick out of them. Lonzo's only 23, lmao! His best is yet to come, and shooting is the easiest skill to improve. Best time to get a player is when his value is down, ala Spenser Dinwiddie.

We have homer bias, nobody's trading us Jamal Murray for White even if we threw in a first, he's not Jamal Murray yet, we're expecting him to get better. Why not think Lonzo can get better at 23? We definitely need passing and defense more than shooting at our PG spot, with this team as it is. Lavine, Lauri and Williams/OPJ can carry the scoring load.
    Why not think Coby at 21 can get better though too. Idk why people are so willing yo give up tallent. Coby should not be a guy we are considering trading unless its for a proven allstar. Its not like lonzo is a great player or allstar. Neither is Coby but I think he has shown more flashes than Lonzo at being a potential allstar.

And again I like lonzo and would take him. But. You dont give up Coby to go get him. I think somebody mentioned you can PROBABLY get lonzo for Valentine. May be an exaggeration but honestly its not as if his value is high. He is a FA at the end of the year too. So u got to pay him.

I honestly think you could dangle thad or sato for him at the moment.

Lonzo has been playing with another PG on the floor the last few years, his assist numbers would be higher not playing next to Jrue Holiday or Bledsoe, at least imo. Trade doesn't have to be straight up, Coby's contract and youth mean we might be able to snag a pick out of them. Lonzo's only 23, lmao! His best is yet to come, and shooting is the easiest skill to improve. Best time to get a player is when his value is down, ala Spenser Dinwiddie.

He's 20, sure Coby's not good defensively yet, probably will never be anything better than average. Being good defensively doesn't offset being nearly worthless offensively with a 1st unit.

Why are people still talking about this unteachable amazing court vision still? He hasn't improved almost at all in 4 years, and looks to be heavily regressing this year. Playing next to another point guard shouldn't matter at all, especially with a guy who supposedly has unteachable court vision.

Lonzo may be 23, but you would have expected to see some growth in his game in year 4. At some point he is what he is. The only improvement he's shown is upping his FT% to a whopping 58%. Shooting obviously isn't the easiest skill to improve, he's 4 years in and was a known NBA future commodity for like 3 years. No improvement. Look at Rubio. That was the 1 thing he needed to improve his entire career, barely any improvement and his court vision is more elite than Lonzo's.

Trading Coby for a guy you can likely just sign as a FA is insane. Trading Coby at 20 when he's shown so much already for a future FA who's shown 0 improvement in 4 years is insane. If we don't think Coby is a long term fit, I'd still hold him for another year or 2 until he is really established and we could get a real haul.

Hell, LaMelo has shown more in a few weeks than Lonzo has in 4 years.
    Last edited by ds637; 01-23-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast