Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    which PF in the league would you like to replace him with today? its not like there are very many good defender out there at the 4 spot. I am trying to think of one beyond say Anthony Davis. Maybe gianis but he is really a 3.

I dont disagree with you that its hard without defense. But its not like there are tons of defenders who have turned into solid offensive players either.
    Well assuming were not getting a star like Leonard, AD , and Giannis. One thing Id look into is getting Demar who has mostly played the 3 for Spurs and putting Pat at the 4. Rebounding would for sure be an issue but Im more so hoping its something as Pwill gets more comfortable his rebounding numbers start going up as well. Having that lineup with Wendell allows you to switch just about every position defensively and gives you 4 guys who can create their own shot.

Id look to bring back Otto for bench or maybe even Lauri if that would be a role hed accept as the number 1 option on the bench at Center having better passers on that unit as well.

There really isnt an ideal answer right now until AK starts getting time to draft and get his own guys in here garpax built a very flawed team

I won't count out Kawhi until he signs that contract. Obviously AD and Giannis are out of the running.

What do you guys think Lauri's ceiling is? Seems kind of like Galinari with a bit better rebounding. To me, he's not a guy you pay 20 million to and win. At least not at this stage in the rebuild. I'd be looking to move him if his salary demands are going to get ridiculous.

Lavine is proving to me we should definitely keep him. I keep seeing trade rumors or ideas online with him involved valuing him insanely low. We're in the first few week of him being under a real coach, imagine him in a year.

Donovan has given me so much optimism. If they can add picks with Thad, Sato, other expirings and pieces, that'd be great. The core actually looks good under Donovan.

I think the superteam era is dying with Lebron/Durant/Kawhi age. A lot of the younger stars seem to be a bit more loyal as a result of these guy's ring/status chasing.

Yeah I'd keep Lavine unless we had a shot at Beal getting basically just as good offense with way better perimeter defense. As much as I like Lavine I do worry long term with him and Coby defensively I just think it will be very hard to win in this league going forward if our 3 best players are all bad defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    What do you guys think Lauri's ceiling is? Seems kind of like Galinari with a bit better rebounding. To me, he's not a guy you pay 20 million to and win. At least not at this stage in the rebuild. I'd be looking to move him if his salary demands are going to get ridiculous.

Lavine is proving to me we should definitely keep him. I keep seeing trade rumors or ideas online with him involved valuing him insanely low. We're in the first few week of him being under a real coach, imagine him in a year.

Donovan has given me so much optimism. If they can add picks with Thad, Sato, other expirings and pieces, that'd be great. The core actually looks good under Donovan.

I think the superteam era is dying with Lebron/Durant/Kawhi age. A lot of the younger stars seem to be a bit more loyal as a result of these guy's ring/status chasing.
    If you asked me that March 2nd, 2019, I would say the sky was the limit. He was out there dominating. He put up 5 30+ and 5 20+ point games in that 10 game stretch. 9 Double Doubles as well with 2 of the non double doubles having 9 boards. He was even averaging 2.5 APG in that span. We actually went 5-5, which was a miracle the last 2 years. He looked every bit a top 3 pick in his draft. Then he had that injury late in the season, and hasn't really ever showed that form again.

I do want to see what kind of magic Billy D can pull with him, as his shot is already drastically improving in a small sample size. Watching us play quality basketball without him over the last week or so though, I kind of feel like we should use the 20+ million on something more 2 way, like you said.

We are still talking about a player 3-4 years away from his prime though, so I wouldn't be mad if we brought him back if Kawhi wasn't on the table this offseason. If we aren't landing Kawhi this offseason, which is just a best case scenario pipe dream at this point, then you don't just let him walk for nothing. You bring him back, hopefully at a decent contract, and let Billy build this young team. Hoiberg and Boylen were incompetent and set us back, so patience should be a virtue. I think the main thing we should be worried about contract wise, is extending Lavine before his contract year. We don't wanna be loveable losers with him going into a UFA offseason, because once he's gone, we are taking a huge step back.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If you asked me that March 2nd, 2019, I would say the sky was the limit. He was out there dominating. He put up 5 30+ and 5 20+ point games in that 10 game stretch. 9 Double Doubles as well with 2 of the non double doubles having 9 boards. He was even averaging 2.5 APG in that span. We actually went 5-5, which was a miracle the last 2 years. He looked every bit a top 3 pick in his draft. Then he had that injury late in the season, and hasn't really ever showed that form again.

I do want to see what kind of magic Billy D can pull with him, as his shot is already drastically improving in a small sample size. Watching us play quality basketball without him over the last week or so though, I kind of feel like we should use the 20+ million on something more 2 way, like you said.

We are still talking about a player 3-4 years away from his prime though, so I wouldn't be mad if we brought him back if Kawhi wasn't on the table this offseason. If we aren't landing Kawhi this offseason, which is just a best case scenario pipe dream at this point, then you don't just let him walk for nothing. You bring him back, hopefully at a decent contract, and let Billy build this young team. Hoiberg and Boylen were incompetent and set us back, so patience should be a virtue. I think the main thing we should be worried about contract wise, is extending Lavine before his contract year. We don't wanna be loveable losers with him going into a UFA offseason, because once he's gone, we are taking a huge step back.
    These are part of the reasons why I wanted them to give Lauri an extension this offseason if they could get him in the 16-18 range. I feel like Donovan is going to price him out of his actual value if you want to win at our stage. Even if he just leveled off to somewhere between Boylen garbage and potential, it would have been a moveable deal with massive upside. Much like Lavine's deal. Think that was a missed opportunity.

Mark has the QO and we have cap space. We can still make this a win if he gets too expensive.

Agreed. Need to extend Lavine. People calling him a 3rd option on a winner is ridiculous. He's not even at his peak and look at him in these recent games against contenders. He's got growth in front of him. Find the right pieces and find our star, Lavine can fit right in as the 2nd scorer.

These are part of the reasons why I wanted them to give Lauri an extension this offseason if they could get him in the 16-18 range. I feel like Donovan is going to price him out of his actual value if you want to win at our stage. Even if he just leveled off to somewhere between Boylen garbage and potential, it would have been a moveable deal with massive upside. Much like Lavine's deal. Think that was a missed opportunity.

Mark has the QO and we have cap space. We can still make this a win if he gets too expensive.

Agreed. Need to extend Lavine. People calling him a 3rd option on a winner is ridiculous. He's not even at his peak and look at him in these recent games against contenders. He's got growth in front of him. Find the right pieces and find our star, Lavine can fit right in as the 2nd scorer.
    If Billy D raises Lauri's value into the 20 to mid 20s, that's a good thing. That means he's likely playing how we thought he could. That means he's on his way to being a part of this future. If he's shooting 35% or lower from 3, pulling down mid 6's boards, and averaging around 15-17 PPG, with limited defense, he won't be getting 20 million a year.

LaVine is clearly a third option. I want my 1st and 2nd options to score 40 and 35 a game

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    LaVine is clearly a third option. I want my 1st and 2nd options to score 40 and 35 a game
    Lol OBVIOUSLY!!!

They're saying Bradley Beal is extremely unhappy in Washington. Lavine is one of the closest players in value, particularly with his contract. I like Lauri, it's just that you can't pay everybody and sign free agents. we'll have a first round pick in the last year of their contract every year for the foreseeable future. I really don't want to lose him for nothing, and a lot of teams will have cap room and the free agent market is already drying up. A trade of Beal/Hachimura or Avdija for Lavine/Lauri/Felicio looks good to me. Particularly Avdja, we could play Williams at the PF and let Avidja make plays from the SF. Wizards don't need that with Westbrook, they need shooting.

Or we could offer Lavine/Otto Porter JR, which added to Westbrook makes Washington a serious team. Puts us another year back, but we may lose Otto anyway. Re-sign Lauri with the Otto money, add Avdija or Hachimaru and start Willams or Avdija now. Beal may not go for that though, we'd probably still lose a lot this year, but we should be damn good next year. And he would definitely be THE MAN on this team.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 01-11-2021 at 11:42 PM.

How do we Resign Lauri with Otto money when he's in your Trade Package?

I love Beal, but our entire Core is under 23 years old aside from Lavine who is 25. Why not stick with the 25 year old instead of the 27 year old? Lavine's timeline coincides perfectly with our young guys to be the leader of that group. If we wanna go veteran, Throw the most boring Parade ever in Chicago for Kawhi, and get him to sign here.

2020-2021 Trades/FA/Acquisitions Discussion

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5aa7wr9

Who says no to this trade? Its good in trade machine

Otto, Coby, WCJ & 1st for James Harden

Harden at the point
    Lavine
    Pat
    Thad
    Lauri

Or

Sato
    Lavine
    Harden
    Pat
    Lauri

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fanatic; 01-13-2021 at 10:53 AM.

2020-2021 Trades/FA/Acquisitions Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5aa7wr9

Who says no to this trade? Its good in trade machine

Otto, Coby, WCJ & 1st for James Harden

Harden at the point
    Lavine
    Pat
    Thad
    Lauri

Or

Sato
    Lavine
    Harden
    Pat
    Lauri

Probably the Rockets.

Doesnt matter though, since hes going to either Philly or Brooklyn.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Probably the Rockets.

Doesnt matter though, since hes going to either Philly or Brooklyn.
    Yep.

Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast